Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Revshift

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Top Secret

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Revshift

Does anyone have any additional information on this intake manifold?

http://www.revshift.com/intake.htm
Old 02-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Thrillhouse

Knowing how sensitive the VQ37 is to intake air flow, I'd be REALLY reluctant to try something like that on it.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Top Secret

Well, I got this from RevShift. I'll bite!!

Brandon,

I appreciate your interest in our manifold. The manifold is an exact match for the G37S. It is has two plenums on either side and the throttle bodies install in the stock locations. It also provides appropriate clearance for stock or aftermarket strut tower braces. The pictures will be available in a couple weeks. They are not available at the moment because we need to finish our legal obligations such as patents and copyrights before we publicly release the specific photos and information. We are taking orders for the manifold but there is a small waiting list and none of them will be shipped for a few weeks. We are also doing more testing so we can present concrete dyno sheets and horsepower gains. The initial testing was not done in a way that we are happy with so we will have new results in a few weeks. If you have any other questions or if you would like to pre-order one please let me know.

Thank you,

John G. - Revshift
Old 02-24-2009, 03:10 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
i hope you don't blow up the car with that. haha jk you gonna order one top secret?
Old 02-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Top Secret

Already responded to see if they want a deposit or it's just a list for now, I'll let u guys know shortly!
Old 02-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Top Secret

Here's the response

Brandon,

A deposit will secure your spot on the list. I can put your name on the list without a deposit but the people that secure their spot with a deposit will be served first. A 20% deposit is recommended and then we will contact you with pictures before we finalize the invoice and ship the manifold. Let me know if you would like to leave a deposit, I will put your name on the list either way.

Thank you,

John G. - Revshift

Yes I have already wrote back and asked 20% of what?
Old 02-24-2009, 05:56 PM
DanMardik

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmm, interested..
Old 02-25-2009, 09:10 AM
Top Secret

OK, playing stupid on the price did not get us a intro price but I tried I have directed them here, so they should be registering soon. I've already asked if we could get a group buy going, maybe once they register here, they'll get one going.

$140 deposit guarantees your spot on the list. Any other Guinea Pigs interested?
Old 02-25-2009, 09:19 AM
SubSurface

I received the following information:
"Thank you for your interest. To secure your spot on the waiting list a 20% deposit of the overall cost is recommended. We are no longer offering the aluminum manifolds because the stainless manifolds are a much higher quality. The cost of the stainless manifold is being reduced to the cost of the aluminum manifold which is $699.95. So a 20% deposit for a stainless manifold would be $140."

Thank you,

John G. - Revshift
Old 02-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Thrillhouse

I never bothered to read the full description. Just looked at it now

"In naturally aspirated applications Revshift intake manifolds are capable of producing as much as 10 psi positive pressure at the intake valve"

Say what now? How exactly is an intake manifold going to compress the air going into the cylinders? Where's the power coming from to do that? You can't generate above-atmospheric pressure without some sort of compressor. Vehicle speed isn't going to do it either, the G37/370Z doesn't have a Ram-Air intake setup, and even then those don't do much until extremely high velocities.

Unless my physics are wrong, this thing can't possibly do what they say it will do. Not to mention the fact that the pictures they do show aren't anything more complicated than a box with some tubes welded to the side. There's nothing wrong with replacing an intake manifold if the stock one is restrictive or something, but the way this is being advertised is too good to be true. I wouldn't send revshift a cent until they get some dyno charts up, and even then I'd be pretty wary unless they were from a 3rd party.

BUYER BEWARE.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Top Secret

Really, I could care less about the performance as long as I don't lose HP. I want it more because I plan to powder coat it for underhood dress-up. That's why I am saving my final decision until I see the end product. If I don't like, then I'll go with the CF cover.

On the deposit part, I'm one of those that trusts everyone. Been burned a few times over it but oh well, my cups always half full! Just live by, never stick out more than you're willing to have chopped off!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Revshift

hello everyone. My name is John and I am the one that responds to all of Revshift's emails. There is an eight page thread on this topic at my350z.com. That thread has alot of info and it will answer most of your questions.
The sentence that was quoted above is from our general description of our manifolds on our website. We make several different manifolds for different cars. The manifold that is being discussed in this thread is still undergoing testing as well as third party testing. We would like to present accurate real life data when it is available. It is possible to achieve a 10 psi positive pressure at the intake valve through velocity stack design, runner length, intake port taper, and pressure wave tuning. It is complicated but very much possible. It does not work like boost, it is more of a flow characteristic. If you go to my350z.com and search for "Revshift" you will find the thread will all sorts of info. Thanks alot.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:05 PM
nogoodname
Banned

You gotta update it site and post some pics.....it's really struggling right now
Old 03-02-2009, 05:28 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
any dynos?
Old 03-16-2009, 11:41 AM
EVO-to-G

bump for updates on this