Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!
View Poll Results: Who is the better tuner?
GTM
54.55%
Forged Performance
45.45%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Poll... Who is the better tuner? Gtm or forged performance?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Budakai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poll... Who is the better tuner? Gtm or forged performance?

I am getting a TT kit for my g37 this spring and I need some help choosing a good shop. I was leaning towards forged performance but I've heard a few rumors on the internet about their shop. This is a poll so please feel free to vote.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:18 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
oh so thats why you were trying that poll option.. btw, those rumors you read online, are u said just rumors.. I've heard all kinds of good stuff about forged all the way from Dubai that they opened a shop here too..
Old 01-24-2009, 06:21 PM
gtracing

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
um....this is a pretty retarded thread...ur making members choose sides....

what if i made a thread making you choose between your mom and dad? i hope nobody votes...this can turn ugly real fast

all u gotta know is....you get what you pay for...i worked at a car shop before too doing installs....and honestly, if your gonna low ball the installer, be prepared to get a half @ss job done to ur vehicle....
Old 01-24-2009, 06:29 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
there are very few f/i g37's out there... why don't you go to the 350z or g35 forum and ask... or at least research some threads instead of asking here... lol at ignorance...
Old 01-24-2009, 06:30 PM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i been involved on the vq forums since 2005 and i heard nothing but good things about FORGED as being the best VQ shop around...HANDS DOWN

GTM- i never heard anyone going to GTM, im pretty sure they are another great shop, so i cant say anything bout them

i know FORGED does great work, and keeps up with the VQ community, and thats why they are the countries leading VQ motor shop as far as i know...if anyone can say any different please state opinions for the OP so he can choose a qualified shop!! GOOD LUCK
Old 01-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I have no experience with GTM, but since I'm in Atlanta, I have Forged Performance do all the work on my car. I can say that Sharif and Forged Performance team are extremely knowledgeable and very professional. A very important thing to me in a shop is honesty... I don't want to someone to tell me what I want to hear. I feel like I get that at Forged Performance and that is hard to find.

Some things I've seen from being around and spending time at Forged...

- Knowledgeable, Experienced, & Professional Staff
- Quality Assurance steps in place... Not a single car gets off the property until second and if not third check are done.. No matter what the job.
- Commitment to the Customer... They believe in this and show it. That's what they are all about.
- They don't just sell parts and put them on... They test them so that they understand the product, the pros and cons, their limits, etc. When you buy from Forged, you know they are selling quality and not just selling based on what a brochure says.

As I said, I have no experience with GTM. They could be the same, but wanted to add my feedback on the shop I use, Forged Performance.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:56 PM
Budakai

Thanks for all the positive comments. I don't live close to any of the shops so my car will have to be shipped there. I heard about the problems Juan had with forged performance so I am worried about shipping my car there.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:10 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You damn myg37 noobies are hilarious, the things you guys ask about here are like guys in the intake-exhaust threads back on Honda-Tech lmfao, if you started these kinds of thread on g35driver and especially my350z, get your flame suit on haha. Researching FI on this forum is fvcking worthless, even on driver half of them are very nice and helpful, my350z is the answer to your questions for FI VQs, but just read don't ask you'll get smashed. I seen the most stupidest threads from what "exhaust" should I use when going FI to many other stupidasss threads.

But then again, you probably don't know, that's why you ask? It's okay, everybody is a newb at some point, it's just embarrassing haha. If you're closer to Forge, go to Forge, if you're closer to GTM, go to gtm, both you'll be fine at, I'd personally go to GTM, I have spent over 50k there projecting my car for the past year on my g35 so I speak with experience, I'm not just another one of those Intake-Exhaust I have all bolt ons and feel maxpower nice guys on this forums.

GTM and Forged Performance are the 2 Best shops in USA for VQs, the only 2 I'd go with besides Performance Factory but they're out of business now. GTM takes over the West, Forge takes over the East, but then again GTM has customers from all over the world sending them cars.

NJLakeShore you never heard of anyone going to GTM? You guys know alot about Forge because they be pushing all those volks or gt30s whatever that everyones buying all over these forums. But don't get me wrong! Forged is da b00omb too! Thx everyone for at least trying to put an input.

http://my350z.com/forum/shop-builds-489/

Now, go to Page. 4 and go backwards to page 1! Look how many cars fvcking gtm build over the year.

They received a car from Germany and doing a project on it, a car from Dubai, and even freaking putting vk56 motors in Gs, heck they created they're own TT kit and Sam@GTM is hands down one of the best VQ Tuners in the world, hate it or love it.

Theres been hectic moments with my car where I dont even know how GTM and their crew even fixed it!!! Like if these issues were at another shop, or even the dealer, they wouldn't even know what to do!! I spent time with Sam watching him tune my car till 2AM making the tune perfect on the dot!!

You can't compare Forge and GTM, they work together and are cool with each other, especially if you guys never been to both and if you were never boosted, please just shut up. Ahh again guys, nothing personal toward no one or anyone specific, I'm just at my breaking temper point on this forum, but it's ok, I love my g37 homies!

Let me now if you need any help, advice or any questions

Last edited by AZg37; 01-24-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:18 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
budakai where are you located?
Old 01-24-2009, 07:53 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if it was me, i would go with gtm. just because they make parts for the g37. so i would guess they know their g37's engine inside and out.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
There's sure not much love for the new guys on this forum.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:32 PM
baileyrx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
<------ did not vote in foolish poll
Old 01-24-2009, 08:46 PM
elite

why isn't PeP Boys on this poll? They know the in's and out's of every car ever made.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:47 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
okay i was just kidding, hope you didn't take my comment too harshly... it was a little seriousness (the content) with a hint of sarcasm
Old 01-24-2009, 08:50 PM
nogoodname
Banned

50/50..........lol

Quick Reply: Poll... Who is the better tuner? Gtm or forged performance?