Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Forged Perfomance expirence!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 01:04 PM
b18c1turboed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forged Perfomance expirence!!!

This has gotten way out of hand. 7 months with no cars and we continue to keep getting lied too.
Back in July we took a brand new g37, with 1500 miles on it. To get turboed and tuned.
Shariff even made a post about the car here:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction/185328-forged-performance-vq37-500whp-another-first.html
well what he forgot too mention was that he bent all the RODS while tuning the car. It has been a night mare from that day on, we have been constantly lied too. Deadlines have come and passed and passed again and again.
Let me start from beginning. In July we went to Forged and checked out the shop, Shariff told us 2 weeks too get turbo kit and tuned. Awesome!
week later we deliver the car, and his wife tells us it will be 1 month before they even touch the car. Shariff says she don’t know what she talking about and she was crazy. that the car would be done!!!
Well guess what they removed the some parts where the car wasn’t drivable anymore, then the car sat their for 1 month before they touched it. shocking!!!!
So after a month they work on the car, then some turbo parts where missing and so forth. Well they never inspected the box when the turbo kit got their. Well they later found all the parts in the shop. The down pipe and a few smaller things where missing. But Sam from GTM overnight the parts too them.
Ok, so we sitting in 1 1/2 months now, Finally the car gets tuned. Well, after car get tuned they call and say car ready come pick it up. So we head on over their and half way their we get a call , saying while washing the car it started making a ticking noise. So the car wasn’t ready.
We wait, they insect the car! after 1 week they couldn’t find the problem. They ask if they can take car to the dealer. We say ok!!! 3 days later they take the car too dealer. They couldn’t find the problem eighter.
Well Shariff tells us too take the car, that it must be Normal. WE REFUSED!! we knew something was wrong with the car.
So they ask if they can take motor apart. We say yes! After the car sitting their another week with no one touching the car, we say Screw it and go up their and load all the stuff in another car. We take the car.
Keep in mind we where probably in the wrong, their was still a balance of 5,000 that was owed for rims and exhaust. So shariff calls the police saying we stole the stuff from the shop. So we turn around and deal with the police, and shariff said he wouldn’t press charges. HOW SWEET!! after blowing up a new car!
So we leave the car again. They finally took motor apart , all the rods where bent. They blames us or the previous owner of the rods at first. But this car was bought BRAND NEW with Zero miles!!!!
So shariff agrees to fix the car at no charge, back to Stock! we said screw it lets build it, we ordered upgraded rods and pistons!!! It took about 1 month to get those, so we don’t blame them! But we asked for the car to be delivered back by Thanksgiving, YEa no problem they said!
Well where sitting on JAn 3rd NO CAR STILL.
So back to story. After sending motor to machine shop and having the hone and so forth, the car sat another 2 or 3 weeks before they even touched it again. So come Christmas time, we asked for the car to be completed, giving another deadline.
We go too the shop, review the car, talk to Shariff. He just gives us excuses after excuse again, but promised the car by Wend Dec 24, because he wanted everything to be done perfect!
Well nothing, after Christmas they call and say the car fired up and sounded great! they where going to break the motor in on Monday, we say Awesome!!! Monday come not 1 word. Tuesday comes we got an excuse that the car wasn’t firing up. they had no spark.
They said it must be the twin disk flywheel. so they remove the twin and put the stock back in. Ok. Still NO GO!!
It was the HKS wiring harness, the mechanic cut the harness. but they forgot too remove one of the throw out bearings so they had to remove the tranny again. So now the car is running, he tells us Friday they will be breaking car in and Sat tuning car, which is today!!!
Well then we get a text the car will be ready on Monday now!!!
The reason for this post , is where tired of being lied too, and being treated like a moron. Every time a deadline is given he goes beyond it. I will say shariff did agree to repair the car. He hasn’t charged for a lot of stuff, I Do give him Credit. But 7 months without my the car is kind of overboard. We just dint know how to get his attention that we want the car done.
Shariff did give us a 02 Lexus 300 to drive. But that don’t justify me paying 700 a month for a car I don’t have.
There is a lot more stuff that has happened in between, im sure im missing some stuff. But if you have an extra car to let sit this is the shop for you.

This is my little brother car and I hate seeing this happen to him. He works very hard for what he got and has spent well over 30K in upgrades on a car he don’t even know when he is going to get it back!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:14 PM
kacz07

Doesn't sound like anything I've heard about Forged before. Hope everything gets resolved.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:42 PM
tfmbigdog99

Location: Where the kids are high and the grades are low. NYC
He gave you a Lexus 300 to drive, and has legitamately had problems perfecting/getting a tune for the VVEL. Take a step back and realize how ignorant your post is. I have never dealth with Sharif but I plan to in the future with all of his great feedback on here, but for you to say he has done something wrong in the situation is very mind boggling. As far as I know you are the the first to be TT'ed at Forged Performance, so you had no idea something along the lines of a missed deadline would occur? Really, I think you should sit down and read your post over. I understand your paying for your BRAND NEW car, but NOTHING was wrong with it. YOU DECIDED to twin turbo it, you decided to be the first for a shop, you decided to void your factory warranty, you decided to give up your car and if you didnt know there was going to be a speedbump along the road your little brother better start putting his money in the bank and NOT into mods!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:46 PM
sharif@forged
Former Sponsor

He is posting this crap all over the internet. He is our response.

Your thread is a completely incomprehensible. I can barely understand it.

Your rods must have been damaged/defective from the start becuase there is no way that 10psi'ish of boost is going to bend a VQ37HR rod after less than 10 dyno pulls buddy.

DESPITE this, we agreed to fix your car for no labor charge whatsoever, AND we provided you with Sandy Lexus IS300 as a loaner the entire time. See how any other shop would have handled it.

And of course, lets not forget before we pulled the motor, you came by my shop, and stole your car from our facility without even paying!!!!!! I had no choice but to call the police. I agreed not to press changes, in front of the officer.

I wish I had more time to TRY to understand half of your incomprehensible post, Juan. What a shame. Unfortunately, you are one of those extremely unstable, impatient customers, with little interpersonal/communication skills. In all honesty, I don't think you are mentally fit to modify a car. So I wish you the best of luck in the future. Your car should be done on Monday or Tues, and I also refuse to tune it anymore. You can send it to another shop to complete the project.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:46 PM
b18c1turboed

Originally Posted by tfmbigdog99
He gave you a Lexus 300 to drive, and has legitamately had problems perfecting/getting a tune for the VVEL. Take a step back and realize how ignorant your post is. I have never dealth with Sharif but I plan to in the future with all of his great feedback on here, but for you to say he has done something wrong in the situation is very mind boggling. As far as I know you are the the first to be TT'ed at Forged Performance, so you had no idea something along the lines of a missed deadline would occur? Really, I think you should sit down and read your post over. I understand your paying for your BRAND NEW car, but NOTHING was wrong with it. YOU DECIDED to twin turbo it, you decided to be the first for a shop, you decided to void your factory warranty, you decided to give up your car and if you didnt know there was going to be a speedbump along the road your little brother better start putting his money in the bank and NOT into mods!

GTMotorsports already turboed a car, thats where the kit came from. I understand it was our choice too turbo a car, that doesnt excuse being lied too so many times. With no end in sight!!!

If money was a problem we wouldnt ahve turboed a new car!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:49 PM
b18c1turboed

Originally Posted by sharif@forged
He is posting this crap all over the internet. He is our response.

Your thread is a completely incomprehensible. I can barely understand it.

Your rods must have been damaged/defective from the start becuase there is no way that 10psi'ish of boost is going to bend a VQ37HR rod after less than 10 dyno pulls buddy.

DESPITE this, we agreed to fix your car for no labor charge whatsoever, AND we provided you with Sandy Lexus IS300 as a loaner the entire time. See how any other shop would have handled it.

And of course, lets not forget before we pulled the motor, you came by my shop, and stole your car from our facility without even paying!!!!!! I had no choice but to call the police. I agreed not to press changes, in front of the officer.

I wish I had more time to TRY to understand half of your incomprehensible post, Juan. What a shame. Unfortunately, you are one of those extremely unstable, impatient customers, with little interpersonal/communication skills. In all honesty, I don't think you are mentally fit to modify a car. So I wish you the best of luck in the future. Your car should be done on Monday or Tues, and I also refuse to tune it anymore. You can send it to another shop to complete the project.

thats what we expected!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:50 PM
tfmbigdog99

Originally Posted by b18c1turboed
GTMotorsports already turboed a car, thats where the kit came from. I understand it was our choice too turbo a car, that doesnt excuse being lied too so many times. With no end in sight!!!

If money was a problem we wouldnt ahve turboed a new car!
I'm beginning to think money isnt a problem for DADDY and you are just OBLIVIOUS TO THE WORLD. I CLEARLY said you were FORGED PERFORMANCES FIRST TT G37!!!!!! Not the first in the world!! READ my son, and then you will be able to WRITE. Once you can WRITE, me and Forged may understand more than 30% of your post.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:52 PM
tfmbigdog99

hahahahahhahahahahhaha

You cannot be serious by saying you expected for your experience with Forged to be free, and a loaner the whole time. Sharif STICK A LIT MATCH IN THIS DUDES GAS CAP PLEASE!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:54 PM
b18c1turboed

Originally Posted by tfmbigdog99
hahahahahhahahahahhaha

You cannot be serious by saying you expected for your experience with Forged to be free, and a loaner the whole time. Sharif STICK A LIT MATCH IN THIS DUDES GAS CAP PLEASE!!!!!!!

HahahahA,, please!! Obviously when u in our shoes you would see things diffrently!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 02:05 PM
b18c1turboed

Stole a car, please!!! I didnt see the title in our name! oh well we expected somwwthing like that from you!!! Oh well i guess you cant please us all or the customers that are on your *** also.

Even your own employee talk smack about you behind your back!!

Your rods must have been damaged/defective from the start

I guess Infinitti dont know how to build a car eighter!!! Funny how car ran 100% perfect for the 1500 miles.

And you say your not gonna tune it? that what was expected since you dont even have the newer software to be able too..
Old 01-03-2009, 02:20 PM
TJ_coupe

you should have bought a GTR. If you can afford to take a brand new G37 and Void the warrenty with 0 miles and TT it/wheels tires N stuff.

You can get a New GTR still for $83000.

http://www.nissanofelkgrove.com/niss...FQQCagodpGhwCw

talk about california dreaming.... I mean the GTR
Old 01-03-2009, 02:22 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 01-03-2009, 02:37 PM
b18c1turboed

Originally Posted by TJ_coupe
you should have bought a GTR. If you can afford to take a brand new G37 and Void the warrenty with 0 miles and TT it/wheels tires N stuff.

You can get a New GTR still for $83000.

http://www.nissanofelkgrove.com/niss...FQQCagodpGhwCw

talk about california dreaming.... I mean the GTR

Should have? but at the time they where selling for 100K plus!! Plus this car will be faster when it is finally done!
Old 01-03-2009, 02:39 PM
vINCe_Inc

a. OP does have a point that a brand new car should not have any rods / components damaged from it.
b. forged should have ensured that the car was ok and that the car was not damaged to begin with before tuning.
c. The car does belong to OP, and he does have some amount of expectations when he' is paying top dollars to get it tuned. whether he is super rich or not does not justify anything.
d. forged performance should have provided a realistic schedule for the client, if it was going to be late, let the customer know from the on-set.
e. OP should have bought a GTR instead argument is not justifiable, thats his decision, not ours.
f. forged did provide quality customer service by providing a loaner vehicle.
g. although OP's G is the first TT to be installed, the lack of knowledge or experience should not be a concern for OP as he is paying for the service (unless from the on-set forged informed OP of the potential delays)
h. calling the cops on your client for taking their car back, and then agreeing not to press charges- that is a whole different ball game and i cannot get my head around that.
i. the way i see it, in the end, the wrong always tries to right themselves. in this case forged must have done something to the car to render it useless, otherwise no business out there will bother fixing it up for free. business is business.

just my 2 cents. btw, i am impartial towards OP or Forged.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:00 PM
sharif@forged
Former Sponsor

You guys should just go over to my350z.com so I don't have to keep cut/pasting.

Quick Reply: Forged Perfomance expirence!!!