Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Forged Perfomance expirence!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 07:19 PM
b18c1turboed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jweb3
How old are you?

Doesnt matter!!! old enough... According too everyone im childish, so i must not be that old. I guess i should be flattered!!
Old 01-03-2009, 07:22 PM
SOLISIMO

17 with a black card
Old 01-03-2009, 07:22 PM
WhiteG37S

Quit yer bitchin

everyone knows that getting a car tt'd at a shop, especially for the first time is going to be an ordeal. I know guys who have waited just as long for their car to be ready only to have the motor blow before they even got it home from the shop...and NO LOANER CAR....everyone thinks you can just drop your car off and flop down some cash and have your car ready when you want it..well I have news for you...if you had the kind of money it takes to make that happen you probably wouldn't be driving a g37, and if you were you wouldn't care how long it takes to get it built cause you'd have like 15 other cars.

I think sharif was being more than generous by rebuilding your motor and giving you a LEXUS, not a pos honda, loaner car\

SUCK IT UP AND DEAL WITH IT
Old 01-03-2009, 07:41 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by SOLISIMO
17 with a black card
16 when he dropped it off probably lol
Old 01-03-2009, 07:42 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
i see fireboy is checking out this thread.. wanna share some thoughts bro?
Old 01-03-2009, 07:54 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why is everyone making it sound like the OP is at fault here. if i was in the OP situation, i would be pissed too. giving deadlines, after deadlines....spending mucho money for a built engine that he didnt plan on getting. didnt he stated that this whole ordeal cost him 30k? wouldnt you be pissed as shiat also? OP, you should have bought your car to GTM from the beginning.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:59 PM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
why is everyone making it sound like the OP is at fault here. if i was in the OP situation, i would be pissed too. giving deadlines, after deadlines....spending mucho money for a built engine that he didnt plan on getting. didnt he stated that this whole ordeal cost him 30k? wouldnt you be pissed as shiat also? OP, you should have bought your car to GTM from the beginning.
No I wouldn't be pissed because setup's usually take almost a year especially for a car that has been barly work on. *Talking about the g37*

Then after a year and if the work is still not done then he might have a case.

People give ou deadlines to show how long it might take. I mean I give out deadlines to my customers and there are times where I can make it and there are times where I can't make it but I always promise my customers that I will have it ready to their liking or it free of charge.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:03 PM
GiGGaplease

Originally Posted by DashKid
No I wouldn't be pissed because setup's usually take almost a year especially for a car that has been barly work on. *Talking about the g37*

Then after a year and if the work is still not done then he might have a case.

People give ou deadlines to show how long it might take. I mean I give out deadlines to my customers and there are times where I can make it and there are times where I can't make it but I always promise my customers that I will have it ready to their liking or it free of charge.
dont FP have a shop tt g37 also? (correct me if im wrong). then it shouldnt take them 7 months.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:03 PM
b18c1turboed

Thanks man!!!

No I wouldn't be pissed because setup's usually take almost a year especially for a car that has been barly work on.
For something we didnt plan on happening! I can understand if we had it planned out, but the car was only owned 2 months. and now sitting 7 going on 8 months.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:08 PM
GiGGaplease

Originally Posted by b18c1turboed
Thanks man!!!

For something we didnt plan on happening! I can understand if we had it planned out, but the car was only owned 2 months. and now sitting 7 going on 8 months.
im just saying it as i see it.

hearing a lot of good things about a shop does not mean they make do not mistakes also. anyone heard of bent rods in a new g37 ever? i certainly never heard of one.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:15 PM
DashKid
Banned

dont FP have a shop tt g37 also? (correct me if im wrong). then it shouldnt take them 7 months.

Hmmm from what I'm reading FP also had a hard time with that one I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll say it like this from what I hear from different shop owners, when a new car with a new engine comes out its like driving a stick all over again. You have to first get use to the engine and see what will work and not work. I guess you can put it differently and call it trial and errors. Like they say the more you work on cars the better you get.

Another example is I remember the first time I change my brake pad, it took me almost 6 hours because I was new at it then it kept on progressing from 6 to 4 and now almost 2 hours to change both.

It's like that with the new g37. the engine is still new its gonna take some trials and errors but eventually he was going to get it. Now maybe in the future for FP they might do a better and quicker job knowing what to do and what not do.

On the other hand why in the hell would you send a 2 month old car to a shop to get TT. If you had that kind of money to spend I would of bought a way better car but for me I dont plan on getting mods until later this winter (2009)
Old 01-03-2009, 08:17 PM
fireboy

Originally Posted by G37Sam
i see fireboy is checking out this thread.. wanna share some thoughts bro?
naw thats ok if people want my thoughts they know how to get intouch with me... off topic but sam i have my surgery on the 9th..
Old 01-03-2009, 08:46 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
wow... paint a house all day and miss all this???? this is rediculous.... It was very pathetic for the OP to post this on other forums... I hope you wise up and handle this like a man Juan...
Old 01-03-2009, 08:55 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Keep this crap off the forums.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow... Just seeing this now.

All I got to say is... I fully trust Forged with my car. Sharif and his team is great, they know their stuff, and they are honest. You rarely find that.

There is always 2 sides of the story, but this doesn't sway my decision of whether or not my car will visit Forged. In fact, it will be visiting Forged this coming week. WooT!