Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

FS: Cipher Cable w/Software from UpREV

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 12:08 PM
G35_TX
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: Cipher Cable w/Software from UpREV

This is the Cipher Cable with software by UpREV in Austin, TX. Only 1 month old. Works on all 2002+ Nissan's.

I've got all the software that comes with it on a CD including the drivers, newest version of cipher, and the manual.

Cipher is a great product. Unlike Osiris, Cipher can be used on any number of vehicles. I've bumped the idle on several supercharged and turbo VQ's with Cipher.

This is what you need if you're tuning your car or want to know stats on it as you drive. It's a great data logger and a must have while you're getting your car up and going. You can use it to bump your idle, monitor everything including stock widebands if you're a '04.5+, and even change your timing as well as many other features that can be found on the uprev website. You can also useit if you're a vortech owner and need to up your idle. Save yourself that hundred or so bucks that the dealer wants to up your idle RPM.

If you buy the cable you can pay the difference to UpREV and purchase the Osiris setup minus the cable.

Price is set at $250 shipped + 3% paypal fees. I think it's a fair price but if you disagree then please keep those comments to yourself. PM me if interested.

Here's stuff off their site:

CIPHER -
Cipher is the diagnostic and data solution for the Nissan/Infiniti professional and enthusiast. Originally conceived for the 350Z and G35 after-market, Cipher decodes the Nissan/Infiniti specific On-Board protocol. Unlike OBDII, which is limited to EPA requirements, Cipher is able to access sensors and trouble codes that are otherwise invisible. Whether for service or performance tuning, Cipher lets you know exactly what your vehicle is doing. Using UpRev's proprietary cable interface and software, your USB equipped notebook becomes a cutting-edge service and data tool for today’s Nissan/Infiniti vehicles.

Key Features
Real-time sensor display - Monitor the condition of sensors and outputs.
Data-logging - Record and save data; sample rates of 20/sec with 16 sensors. Sample rate varies with the type and number of sensor logged.
Analytical charting - Review saved data with our integrated graphical utility or export the data as a csv file and create your personal charts.
Diagnostic Codes - Retrieve and clear the DTCs from each control module.
Configurable Target Ignition Timing +/- 2 degrees .
Configurable Target Idle RPM + 250 RPM (except for 2004.5 Z and G).
Adjust Ethanol Mixture Ratio
Cylinder Power Test
Fuel Pressure Release
Fuel Injection Test
Coolant Test

Below is a short list of available data parameters...
Engine Speed - RPM Throttle Position Sensor
Vehicle Speed MAF Sensor
Calculated Load Value Oxygen Sensor
Ignition Timing Accelerator Position
Wide Band A/F Voltage (2004.5+) Coolant Temperature
Old 12-31-2008, 10:41 AM
G35_TX
Premier Member

bump!! Don't miss out on this deal!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:30 AM
06g35meister

interested, getting tuned soon, whats the deal if i buy this? i get the cable price off the tune? i am in waco
Old 01-14-2009, 03:59 PM
G35_TX
Premier Member

Cable was sold already. Sorry.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:14 PM
06g35meister

unfortunate.