Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

GT Motorsports:GTM HR Turbo Kit STG 1,GTM HR ECU FLASH, Stock Block Testing

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 09:15 PM
jb5674

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading over the kit....DAMN. 3071R turbos on a G37! WTF. Thats serious.
My other car is a modded VW and on a 1.8t motor a 3071R turbo makes about ~400WHP give or take with all stock motor and swapping out the rods.
~1000WHP on a G would damn near make me wet myself in a good way and in a bad way. I want THAT!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Wicked_limitz
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn sick sh*t! makes me want to spend all my tax money on this lol.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:45 PM
bunluvsvw

Put this **** in a 09 G37x sedan
Old 02-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Sam@GTM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jb5674
Reading over the kit....DAMN. 3071R turbos on a G37! WTF. Thats serious.
My other car is a modded VW and on a 1.8t motor a 3071R turbo makes about ~400WHP give or take with all stock motor and swapping out the rods.
~1000WHP on a G would damn near make me wet myself in a good way and in a bad way. I want THAT!!!
We also offer GT3076,GT3082,GT35R, All thees turbos can be installed on our kit .

Sam
Old 02-28-2009, 11:49 AM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thats really insane, 11k installed and you can be pushing 600whp.. Thats just nuts.

Thats way to much for me, lmaoo i need some nice little boost that would get me to 450whp for like 3k. =)

600WHP 11k INSTALLED. What are all the mod freaks waiting for?

How hard is it to get this kit installed by another company/shop? And they prob would drive more then 3k for installation correct? (which is prob the reason not many people are buying this)
Old 02-28-2009, 12:08 PM
willizm

So I'm a noob here, but what supporting mods am I going to need for this? I want a 550HP daily driver. Am I going to need to have to build up the engine a bit so I don't start bending rods. Also, is this kit modular so that if I want to get bigger turbos, intercooler or an Fcon I can do so?

I'm looking for a good starting point like the GTM stage 1 kit, but if I want to go bigger I don't want to have to swap out the whole thing. Also, if the stock engine holds up to 550hp as a daily driver then I may not want to build up the engine unless I'm pushing more. That is unless the concenses is that I'm better off getting better rods and pistons.

Sorry for the noobness.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
^^I would play it a little more safe for a DD. Keep it at or under 500 and thats plenty of power. You would probably want to do a brake upgrade. If you go faster you will need to stop faster too.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:19 PM
willizm

Originally Posted by Kidcane
^^I would play it a little more safe for a DD. Keep it at or under 500 and thats plenty of power. You would probably want to do a brake upgrade. If you go faster you will need to stop faster too.
Yep, that would be on my list of things along with the jwt clutch and flywheel combo.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:17 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by willizm
So I'm a noob here, but what supporting mods am I going to need for this? I want a 550HP daily driver. Am I going to need to have to build up the engine a bit so I don't start bending rods. Also, is this kit modular so that if I want to get bigger turbos, intercooler or an Fcon I can do so?

I'm looking for a good starting point like the GTM stage 1 kit, but if I want to go bigger I don't want to have to swap out the whole thing. Also, if the stock engine holds up to 550hp as a daily driver then I may not want to build up the engine unless I'm pushing more. That is unless the concenses is that I'm better off getting better rods and pistons.

Sorry for the noobness.
DD and 550HP especially with a kit like this that kicks in early only equals one of two.. damaged internals or replacing turbo's with every 1k mile.. You'll be very much on the safe side with a built engine.. because once you start going F/I your mod bug will evolve into a mod scorpion lol each bite will cost you like a 100 hp.. build your engine and stay safe otherwise go for a single turbo who's boost kicks in at like 4k rpm.. you'll save both the engine internals and turbo life since you won't be revving it at 100k rpm all the time..
Old 02-28-2009, 06:14 PM
terrycs
Registered Member

I can tell you from experience that the TTs are sized properly on the kit to keep the car very streetable. With internal gates set to 5-6 psi, I can drive all day in vacuum, but if you floor it, my motor peaks out at about 380 WHp which is more than plenty for a DD. However, with one click on the EBC, I can bring the boost limit up to 9-10 psi for 470 WHp. Needless to say, I'm usually at 380 WHp. The power also comes on very linear, so there is no neck snapping when the boost comes on. There's some video footage from Mike in here:

http://g35driver.com/forums/lounge-o...vq35hr-tt.html

The key to the life of the motor on stock block and drivetrain will always depend on how heavy your right foot is.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:16 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
thats the set uo I want terry no I just got to convince the wife.

Could you PM me with what it cost you for this setup?
Old 02-28-2009, 06:24 PM
terrycs
Registered Member

Originally Posted by shumby
thats the set uo I want terry no I just got to convince the wife.

Could you PM me with what it cost you for this setup?
You should call GTM for the most accurate quote. They are open RIGHT NOW.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:32 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
OK no problem but I cannot call I am in russia. Not looking for exact number just a ball park I realize prices change over time.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:18 PM
willizm

Originally Posted by G37Sam
DD and 550HP especially with a kit like this that kicks in early only equals one of two.. damaged internals or replacing turbo's with every 1k mile.. You'll be very much on the safe side with a built engine.. because once you start going F/I your mod bug will evolve into a mod scorpion lol each bite will cost you like a 100 hp.. build your engine and stay safe otherwise go for a single turbo who's boost kicks in at like 4k rpm.. you'll save both the engine internals and turbo life since you won't be revving it at 100k rpm all the time..
I have no aversion to building up the engine, but I haven't really read what things are necessary to accomplish a solid build. My intentions are to build the engine if need be and go TT. But I would like to get the parts ahead of time so I can have a local shop called sound performance build it up. I'm intending to put $15K in the car for a well build strong FI setup. With that budget I wanted to start a list of items(TT Kit, Brake Kit, JWT Clutch/flywheel) and prices to accomplish my goal. The car will be paid off mid next year so from that point forward I will be working on the project.

Any good links, guides, faqs on builds/TT? Need supplemental reading material.

I think my definition of a daily driver is skewed. I don't use my G for the daily commute to work, but more for piddling around town and the occassional outing. I've had the car for 13 months and only put 6K miles on it. No exactly daily driver like most that use it for their commutes.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:42 PM
JKashat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

Quick Reply: GT Motorsports:GTM HR Turbo Kit STG 1,GTM HR ECU FLASH, Stock Block Testing