Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Vq35hr-tt

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 04:14 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Honestly, transient response was far better than I expected from twin 3076's. Then again, every car I've been in with a single 3070 was a low compression low revving engine running high boost, as opposed to a high compression high revving engine running low boost (which is, oddly, what I prefer).

I can only imagine how many more of these you'd sell if you had a shop car that (serious) potential buyers had the opportunity to test drive, because after driving Terry's car, I'm sold. My SC thread is there purely to inform; if it's fast, I like it. I don't discriminate when it comes to high performance
Old 04-11-2010, 01:30 AM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Man how time flies ... it's been almost 2 years now. Nothing has broken yet and yes, the car does indeed see boost but I obviously do not drive like a maniac. I still need to get back to GTM one of these days to get a minor occasional rattle (from I/C pipe hitting frame) taken care of. I figure I may as well go with powder coated I/C pipes at that time.

Here's a story for those of you worried about your powertrain warranty: I recently had to leave my car at Riverside Infiniti to have a sunroof motor replaced and fuel level sensor checked because of a low reading guage. I was surprised when they called and said they replaced the passenger side fuel level sensor under warranty even though they knew I had a non-stock fuel pump.

I was even more surprised when they told me I had a small oil leak in my lower oil pan and said they would drop the oil pan and take care of that under warranty as well. I figure it must have been a microscopic leak, because I never noticed it even though I change my own oil. The point of the story ... there are indeed mod friendly dealers out there!

BTW ... the loaner 2010 I had seemed to take forever to get up to speed!
Old 04-11-2010, 02:24 AM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
...holy sh*t.....