Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Vq35hr-tt

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Holy mother of Double T's.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:09 PM
g-starnyc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all i can say is WOOW
Old 12-12-2008, 08:26 PM
ChOy BoY

wow i love the last one
Old 12-12-2008, 08:51 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
badasss
Old 12-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
I think I want one of those.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:30 AM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by NIGHTLFEphantom
damn. that is sooo sick!!!!!! ^ I'm saying 11's maybe less..
Dude what

11's maybe less?? really??

The GTR is quoted at 483HP, and has a sophisticated all-wheel drive system and launch control and runs about an 11.7 1/4 mile.

IMO, Theres no way a car like this, running this set-up could ever break lower without A) more modifications, or B) busting major components trying to reach those times.

You can see in the vid that traction is just damn near impossible. With VDC on, 1/4 times would be reduced. If you add slicks or DR, the drive train wouldn't hold up. The tranny isn't even built to handle that load in a racing environment. Adding a tranny cooler and valve body isn't sifficient if you are trying to race the car. You need internals, and more mods to the drivetrain. Don't get me wrong, this kit is sick, the car is sick, and the speed is insane, but a GTR is built to race, has launch control and all-wheel drive. When taking a car that was built to drive from point A to point B safely, quickly, and reliably, then doubling it's HP, you must change all aspects to make it reliable on the track. I'm talking tranny, suspension, rear end etc.. This is just an insane, roided daily driver. This car can't beat the GTR without additional mods, or expensive fixes do to beating the crap outta it. Thats my .02.
I personally saw a mustang cobra with mods and added boost try 1 run at a track with slicks, when the slicks caught, and the TQ/HP hit, he left his rear end all over the track. People don't understand that gains like that effect ALL aspects of the car, especially if you are racing.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:07 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Gamedog
Thanks bro... What's up with Canadian over there? This is great news for all of us too
him & his crew of guys, all go to RA (Relentless Autosports), and for some odd reason they criticize everything that comes out of gtm, they don't care how perfect the job is, if the car came out 1000whp they still say there 300whp vortech is better and their tuner is better. So they get all itchy and try to smash in everyway haha, happens everytime. He's not that bad compare to a few other guys tho on g35driver it's segregated, 2 crews and 2 sides that debate with each other and then theres the people in the middle, like Mike hahaha

Last edited by G37Rider92649; 12-13-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:24 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

Originally Posted by AZg37
Dude what

The GTR is quoted at 483HP, and has a sophisticated all-wheel drive system and launch control and runs about an 11.7 1/4 mile.

IMO, Theres no way a car like this, running this set-up could ever break lower without A) more modifications, or B) busting major components trying to reach those times.

You can see in the vid that traction is just damn near impossible. With VDC on, 1/4 times would be reduced. If you add slicks or DR, the drive train wouldn't hold up. The tranny isn't even built to handle that load in a racing environment. Adding a tranny cooler and valve body isn't sifficient if you are trying to race the car. You need internals, and more mods to the drivetrain. Don't get me wrong, this kit is sick, the car is sick, and the speed is insane, but a GTR is built to race, has launch control and all-wheel drive. When taking a car that was built to drive from point A to point B safely, quickly, and reliably, then doubling it's HP, you must change all aspects to make it reliable on the track. I'm talking tranny, suspension, rear end etc.. This is just an insane, roided daily driver. This car can't beat the GTR without additional mods, or expensive fixes do to beating the crap outta it. Thats my .02.
I personally saw a mustang cobra with mods and added boost try 1 run at a track with slicks, when the slicks caught, and the TQ/HP hit, he left his rear end all over the track. People don't understand that gains like that effect ALL aspects of the car, especially if you are racing.
Your right. I'm just guessing it would run 11's MAYBE less because some stock G37's run mid 13's and this thing is fast... but with no traction that could be an issue. I can't wait to see the 1/4 time.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:41 PM
LAG37

thats whatsup
Old 12-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by AZg37
Dude what

Please keep in mind that VDC is fully functional with this setup, and IMO, works rather well. I did so some pulls with VDC on in high boost, and there was no wheelspin other than from shifts.

The car is a 5AT with valve body and clutch pack upgrades.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:50 PM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by mike@riverside
Please keep in mind that VDC is fully functional with this setup, and IMO, works rather well. I did so some pulls with VDC on in high boost, and there was no wheelspin other than from shifts.

The car is a 5AT with valve body and clutch pack upgrades.
Sorry, no clutch packs, just VB and trans cooler.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:47 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How much is this kit again?
Old 12-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Mike

Bah you told me u got clutch packs!

Regardless, IMO, the tranny upgrade is the single best mod on the car.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Mike

Originally Posted by whiddles
How much is this kit again?
I *believe* they start around 8500. Price goes up as you add optional equipment.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:18 PM
bfranks

Originally Posted by mike@riverside
I *believe* they start around 8500. Price goes up as you add optional equipment.
And almost doubles if you actually want it installed

Quick Reply: Vq35hr-tt