Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Review My Dyno, G37 + Cobb AccessPort = My Experience..

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 11:08 AM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Manny for president!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 11:13 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by chamelieon
You ain't kidding, any kind of change from the stage 2 map should show a decent timing curve and that's where this motor is gonna like making power from, especially a ton of power down low since the timing veeeeery ****ty specially around 5200rpms, there were drops to 16 degrees and power would go down 10-15hp+ in just that area. Not to mention proper cam angle adjustment gains nice TQ in all the right areas. If you ask me this motor doesn't make the TQ its supposed to because not even from the factory the tune is done right!!

MaxtotheG37 - its very hard to persieve(?) Power because a laggier lower powerband is going to feel fast once the power comes in, giving you the effect of going faster... aka honda vtec... a high vtec is going to feel crazy once it kicks in, a tuned honda will have a seemless vtec transition and make more power but will feel slow... crazy huh.. lol

no i meant i was just rolling with no gas at 4k and then smashing the gas being stupid...
Old 12-09-2008, 02:15 PM
chamelieon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
no i meant i was just rolling with no gas at 4k and then smashing the gas being stupid...
Right. I understood the part about you playing around, what I was reffering to was actually where u stated that you definitely felt gains, so that was my responce to that.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:25 PM
jnguyen

i guess im wait a little before i get my cobb since there no tuning down here i would need someones map
Old 12-09-2008, 02:26 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

oh i did feel gains... fo sho bro... haha
Old 12-09-2008, 02:26 PM
rawr

MUST BE TIME TO SELL THE AP! lol....this is really sad
Old 12-09-2008, 02:28 PM
jnguyen

hopefully someone will have maps for FI exhaust and hfc and jwt soon so i can jump on cobbs
Old 12-09-2008, 02:30 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

I will make my call after the 20th of Decemeber... and Sharif will back mine stuff up...
Old 12-09-2008, 02:30 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Originally Posted by jnguyen
hopefully someone will have maps for FI exhaust and hfc and jwt soon so i can jump on cobbs
thats what I am goin to get done...
Old 12-09-2008, 02:37 PM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
thats what I am goin to get done...
can't wait man lols. tell me when you do and show your review. i will decided cobbs after your review lols
Old 12-09-2008, 07:58 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Where do i begin... well I have been meaning to do this review for myself and for everyone else that is performance oriented on this forum. I wanted to basically do a few a runs on my dyno and datalog what the car was doing during the process so there is no guessing on whats going on.

let me start by saying I baselined my G37 with under 1000 miles on the clock which produced 285whp. im not going to post that graph because it was a few months ago and not the same day i did the testing so for arguments sake im not using that for comparison just reference.

I installed BERK High Flow Cats a few days ago and I have had my Cobb Accesport for a few weeks now. since day 1 with the Cobb App I flashed Stage1 map since I was bone stock and was waiting to install the Berks to finally flash the stage2 map on the dyno and do some comparisons..

I have the Innovative OT-1 datalog tool and logged all runs so I knew what was happening in the process with the different maps. so lets begin.

This is Run #1, stage1 CObb map flashed, stock intakes, stock exhaust, Berk HFC.

This is Run #2, stage2 Cobb map flashed, stock intakes, stock exhaust, Berk HFC.

This is Run#3, STOCK STYLE MAP, Stock intakes + exhaust, BERK HFC.

Now you may ask well what did each run produce in power?
pretty simple.. check it out for yourself..

Runfile1 = Stage1 Map.
Runfile7 = Stage2 Map.
Runfile9 = STOCK MAP.

After multiple runs trying different ways to make the cobb maps make any decent power I decided to flash the stock map to at least show how much better the Cobb maps were compared to a stock map .. and yes i was very surprised by what happened on the 1st run with the STOCK STYLE MAP thats on the AP, thats when i thought to myself .. what the hell are the stage 1 and 2 maps even doing??? if you notice the dataloggs they are almost all identical ..makes no sense to me. there are differences in fuel ratio between the different maps, but basically thats it.

I wasnt able to get the OT1 working for the actual 1st run on the stock map which produced 299.04whp and was the cleanest and smoothest run I had all night, so i didnt bother posting it. I logged the second run which produced the 298, thats why I posted that run instead.

Bottomline I have always tuned all my cars myself and hope Cobb can finally release the tuning software so I can get some real power out of this motor, since its in need of some REAL tuning. there is so much thats wrong with how this motor runs on all the maps its not even funny.

so please any questions, comments and suggestions are appreciated.
Open your exhaust up more and hopefully you can custom tune soon . You will see nice gains !!!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 08:05 PM
chamelieon

Originally Posted by NeverBoneStock
Open your exhaust up more and hopefully you can custom tune soon . You will see nice gains !!!!!
yeah next on the list is a Y pipe, im probably going to fabricate that in house and some custom intakes for testing purposes.

just wish cobb would release that damn software already.. if i can get 285whp and 205wtq out of a 4cyl ..imagine this 3.7 v6 ..lol
Old 12-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
yeah next on the list is a Y pipe, im probably going to fabricate that in house and some custom intakes for testing purposes.

just wish cobb would release that damn software already.. if i can get 285whp and 205wtq out of a 4cyl ..imagine this 3.7 v6 ..lol
did you install stage 2 map without the aftermarket exhaust? or did i read it wrong.

Did you dyno it with your aftermarket exhaust and HFC with stage 2?? Which exhaust did you use??
Old 12-09-2008, 09:54 PM
chamelieon

Originally Posted by Lou@Amplified
did you install stage 2 map without the aftermarket exhaust? or did i read it wrong.

Did you dyno it with your aftermarket exhaust and HFC with stage 2?? Which exhaust did you use??
no aftermarket exhaust was used. ONLY Berk HFC, if you read the map notes it says HFC AND/OR Exhaust, meaning exhaust is preffered but not needed.

BUT ..regardless im sure they focused the stage 2 map on an exhaust setup with good flow.. so im not holding anything against the stage 2 map.. it was all comparison testing.

as you can see from the datalog there isnt much difference in the maps other than slight fuel. when i do the Y pipe i will test out all 3 maps yet again.. all im looking for is stage 2 to be a clear advantage over the others which it yet hasnt shown its colors.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:54 AM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

whys it gotta show colors?? is this a racist thing now bro?=0)

many build stacks to come out by the end of the fenders for ur exhaust...SICK@@!#@!@$@#$

Quick Reply: Review My Dyno, G37 + Cobb AccessPort = My Experience..