Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Some interesting information on dyno's, educate yourself!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 01:15 AM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by sharif@forged
It's the delta that is important, and the area under the curve.
+1

this is the whole point of the dyno..somewhere along the line it became a ***** measuring stick...thank God for that as it clearly shows who the newbs are.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:56 AM
w0ady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sharif@forged
Anyone know German?

I have always told my customers, that the absolute number means very little. It's the delta that is important, and the area under the curve. Our dyno reads retarded low, but we dont care..it's great for steady state tuning, and our cars are faster.
yup gains are what matters. which is why its best to do a baseline and dyno after each mod if possible.
Originally Posted by cvt
+1

this is the whole point of the dyno..somewhere along the line it became a ***** measuring stick...thank God for that as it clearly shows who the newbs are.
highly agreed.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:31 AM
jnifong

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...and until someone, somewhere comes up with a dyno protocol that everyone follows, it's not realistic to compare one car to another since lots of people dyno different ways. i.e. pulling in different gears on different dyno machines looking for which one gives them the best numbers to brag about. Until then, dynos are really best to measure personal gains and are only truthful when tested while all other vairables are the same such as the same dyno, from the same gear, ideally at the same temperature (although not always possible), altitude, etc. If you bolt on a part, and keep doing pulls different ways to find the gain you want, you're cheating yourself. But we is smart people and we be knowing that already

Jon

Get your wrong on:

http://www.sheepholetees.com/main.php
Old 12-03-2008, 04:21 AM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
MaHa dyno sheet

http://www.goodspeedperformance.com/...g37%20cobb.pdf

my drivetrain loss is 81HP!!! Damn! I don't know about the other number because they are uncorrected. I don't even know what a stock G would make for a comparison, or what my G made before the partial cobb tune. I really have no answers, just this cool dyno sheet that reads lightyears lower then any other dyno I've ever been on. Oh Well

Last edited by AZg37; 12-03-2008 at 04:24 AM.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:53 AM
matrix311

Originally Posted by AZg37
MaHa dyno sheet

my drivetrain loss is 81HP!!! Damn! I don't know about the other number because they are uncorrected. I don't even know what a stock G would make for a comparison, or what my G made before the partial cobb tune. I really have no answers, just this cool dyno sheet that reads lightyears lower then any other dyno I've ever been on. Oh Well
hey atleast you know your numbers are truly accurate and ouch on the drivetrain loss, thats AWD numbers right there for loss.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:46 PM
shabbo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AZg37
MaHa dyno sheet

AG I think your Maha dyno HP #s should be ~10% higher because the dyno only shows HP peak at 6900 rpm when you can go to 7600+ rpm with your mods.

The parasitic losses calculated could also be accurately recorded with Automatics vs Manual Transmissions.

These results look very convincing. I also like the way the results show rotating mass values! Thanks for the write up!