Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Official Cobb AccessPORT question, answer, and help thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 01:59 PM
04STi208G37
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still

Originally Posted by AZg37
ACC and ACSD are different ROM's used by the ECU for our cars. Depending on your trim level, and packages etc.. your car is either a ACC or ACSD. Now, if there is anyone that has intakes, and full header back exhaust, and is a 5AT, ACSD, I got custom maps for you if you want to PM me
But I guess the real question is. How to I know which my car is. Sig describes my car
Old 12-09-2008, 02:00 PM
wheelsun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
agh..after seeing some dynos and NO GAIN at all with stage 1 or 2 i am rethinking buying the AP
Old 12-09-2008, 02:01 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I wouldnt rethink... Just off one shops dyno... when others here have seen big gains... Are you all forgetting what Surgeline produced? wasnt it in the high 20s of whp?
Old 12-09-2008, 02:05 PM
wheelsun

ive been out of the loop for a while.. i havent seen surglines dyno or many others.. let me snoop around a bit

i was intending on spending a portion of my xmas bonus on the AP, just a bit surprised by the results i just saw

edit: can you point me to the direction of the dynos please i cant seem to find them, only verbal reviews with no dyno

Last edited by wheelsun; 12-09-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:09 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Originally Posted by wheelsun
ive been out of the loop for a while.. i havent seen surglines dyno or many others.. let me snoop around a bit

i was intending on spending a portion of my xmas bonus on the AP, just a bit surprised by the results i just saw

edit: can you point me to the direction of the dynos please i cant seem to find them, only verbal reviews with no dyno
Search for Neverbonestocks threads...
Old 12-09-2008, 02:23 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 04STi208G37
But I guess the real question is. How to I know which my car is. Sig describes my car
To be honest, the only way I know of that you can tell, is to plug your car into a accessport sorry. Lets try to figure it out ourselves. I have a journey, with premium package and navigation and my car is a ACSD.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:26 PM
chamelieon

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
I wouldnt rethink... Just off one shops dyno... when others here have seen big gains... Are you all forgetting what Surgeline produced? wasnt it in the high 20s of whp?
I think your confusing two very different things, neverbonestock was tuned so ofcourse he will see gains, they use his car to create the stage2 maps, as with any custom tune, everyone should expect gains, bottom line is the maps included with the AP aren't doing much at all, so if anyone can get a custom tune then that's where the big benefit of having the Ap is, to expect decent gains from the included generic maps.. hell no. My shop and my dyno showed my experience. As with any product out there needs mass testing and cobb is very welcome to contact me as I have tried to contact them so we can all make this AP better.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:41 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by chamelieon
I think your confusing two very different things, neverbonestock was tuned so ofcourse he will see gains, they use his car to create the stage2 maps, as with any custom tune, everyone should expect gains, bottom line is the maps included with the AP aren't doing much at all, so if anyone can get a custom tune then that's where the big benefit of having the Ap is, to expect decent gains from the included generic maps.. hell no. My shop and my dyno showed my experience. As with any product out there needs mass testing and cobb is very welcome to contact me as I have tried to contact them so we can all make this AP better.
I agree !!! It seems people are having ok gains with these maps . Every car is different and different mods make different power . The only thing that seems not so great about the A.P. is the maps . Once you can get a custom tune like myself people should start having smiles on their face !!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 08:22 PM
04STi208G37
Registered Member

Some Knowledge

What abou the AFR's . Did the stage 2 map do enough to the AFR to justify itself if only in that regard?

Last edited by 04STi208G37; 12-09-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:05 PM
chamelieon

Originally Posted by 04STi208G37
What abou the AFR's . Did the stage 2 map do enough to the AFR to justify itself if only in that regard?
the stock map runs the car rich .. stage 1 runs it more optimal, and the stage 2 runs richer than stock which of course nets beefy TQ just from so much fuel. but the power doesnt not budge and gets choppy. if you check out my review on the cobb ap, you can see the 3 datalogs for stage 1, 2 and stock. and do your own comparison.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:05 AM
04STi208G37
Registered Member

the stock map runs the car rich .. stage 1 runs it more optimal, and the stage 2 runs richer than stock which of course nets beefy TQ just from so much fuel. but the power doesnt not budge and gets choppy. if you check out my review on the cobb ap, you can see the 3 datalogs for stage 1, 2 and stock. and do your own comparison.
I read the review but I had a hard time interpreting. Are you saying the atge 2 AFR is screwed up even with the HFCs?
Old 12-10-2008, 11:12 AM
matrix311

Originally Posted by NeverBoneStock
I agree !!! It seems people are having ok gains with these maps . Every car is different and different mods make different power . The only thing that seems not so great about the A.P. is the maps . Once you can get a custom tune like myself people should start having smiles on their face !!!!
It took 3 revisions to get a decent map for our cars. v1.01 and v1.02 were complete crap and you actually lost power from using the AP. People sold their AP's left and right and went with another tuning product. Now that Cobb has released v1.03 it completely turned the car around and made a HUGE difference in power, throttle response ect. v1.03 map did what this AP was supposed to do and now that Cobb has released the newest firmware to allow datalogging (like a dash-hawk) it makes it that much more valuable. People that sold their AP's are buying them back again just because v1.03 map made that much of a difference.

So I would give it a few revisions until you start to feel and see some noticeable gains from your stock OTS maps for the AP. It may take them 1 or 2 map updates before they get it right, but lets hope they get the pro-tuner software out and then stock maps wont be necessary since we'll be able to tune the car ourselves.

Dont lose hope on the AP. Granted the initial map release sucks, future map releases or pro-tuner software will get the job done with satisfaction.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:25 PM
chamelieon

Originally Posted by matrix311
It took 3 revisions to get a decent map for our cars. v1.01 and v1.02 were complete crap and you actually lost power from using the AP. People sold their AP's left and right and went with another tuning product. Now that Cobb has released v1.03 it completely turned the car around and made a HUGE difference in power, throttle response ect. v1.03 map did what this AP was supposed to do and now that Cobb has released the newest firmware to allow datalogging (like a dash-hawk) it makes it that much more valuable. People that sold their AP's are buying them back again just because v1.03 map made that much of a difference.

So I would give it a few revisions until you start to feel and see some noticeable gains from your stock OTS maps for the AP. It may take them 1 or 2 map updates before they get it right, but lets hope they get the pro-tuner software out and then stock maps wont be necessary since we'll be able to tune the car ourselves.

Dont lose hope on the AP. Granted the initial map release sucks, future map releases or pro-tuner software will get the job done with satisfaction.
where do you get this information from? like basically how can you prove the pre 1.03 maps sucked and all of a sudden their finally working in the 1.03 release? whats different that now they work?? im curious because i did my testing using pre 1.003 because i did not know it was released already.. and from the looks of my testing.. the stock map whooped both stage 1 and 2.. so what u say makes sense .almost.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:29 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

where do you get this information from? like basically how can you prove the pre 1.03 maps sucked and all of a sudden their finally working in the 1.03 release? whats different that now they work?? im curious because i did my testing using pre 1.003 because i did not know it was released already.. and from the looks of my testing.. the stock map whooped both stage 1 and 2.. so what u say makes sense .almost.
it doesnt sound like he was talkin about a G37 cause no one has had these and sold thes and bought them back that i know of....
Old 12-10-2008, 02:37 PM
matrix311

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
it doesnt sound like he was talkin about a G37 cause no one has had these and sold thes and bought them back that i know of....

Correct, I have a Mazdaspeed 3 not a G37 plus I can simply load up v1.01 then v1.02 then v1.03 and tell a huge difference between v1.01/v1.02 and v1.03. It's not even the same car.

Quick Reply: Official Cobb AccessPORT question, answer, and help thread