Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Official Cobb AccessPORT question, answer, and help thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 04:13 PM
DCook42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ ...but what if in a year or two I'm in a new car lol! Other companies need to sac up and get their better products out there. I've owned this car for like 20 months already. C'mon people I need a quality tuuuuuuuuune, and one I can roll back to stock would be really nice for trips to the dealer... and then after I can reload the performance tune and peace-out!
Old 05-13-2009, 04:21 PM
J.Oh

cobb access for NITROUS?
Old 06-02-2009, 05:12 PM
DCook42

Bump: requesting a G37 with Headers to Dyno it without Cobb AP, and then with 2+ map.

I know you're out there!
Old 06-02-2009, 05:51 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by DCook42
Bump: requesting a G37 with Headers to Dyno it without Cobb AP, and then with 2+ map.

I know you're out there!
That would be me . search my threads
Old 06-04-2009, 01:13 PM
DCook42

Took me a while, but I searched for your name and Cobb and read all the posts. I did find your post with Dyno maps, but that wasn't the info I was hoping for. If you don't mind, tell me your thoughts on the 2+ map with headers, cai, hfc, and exhaust, vs. just the mods with no cobb. Or just link me what I missed, and I'm sorry if i spaced on something. Are you still running 2+, or did u opt for a custom tune? Do you still like the Cobb unit? I know the Cobb has alot of critics, but I think some people are experimenting with maps that aren't appropriate for their mods.

In short, it seems a good match for me personally with the 2+ map, I just want to know what to expect before I put down the $700 for it. I'm loving my current setup of airflow mods, and in theory to get the most from them I should do some flavor of tuning- thanks man.

DC

Last edited by DCook42; 06-04-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:34 PM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I just performed an "uninstall" of the Cobb and it says that it was successful. However, now my dashboard has the SLIP, VDC OFF, and SERVICE ENGINE SOON lights constantly on. What gives?
Old 06-30-2009, 11:16 PM
JKashat

Any word if they have released tuning for the '09 7AT's yet?
Old 07-04-2009, 07:40 PM
choez

i'm not sure if this has already been asked before, but i was looking at the notes for all of the access port maps, and i'm not sure which one would be usable for me, as i am debating on whether or not it would be usable for me. currently, i'm running a CAI, HFC's, and a cat-back, but what made me wonder was that the notes said that the AP could damage engine if stock intake was not used. as for the stage 2+ map, i'm not sure if it'd slow down if i kept my stock headers on, since i'm still waiting for more companies bsides stillen to bring some out. would it be pointless to grab an AP if i dont grab headers, or which map would i use?
Old 07-04-2009, 11:55 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by choez
i'm not sure if this has already been asked before, but i was looking at the notes for all of the access port maps, and i'm not sure which one would be usable for me, as i am debating on whether or not it would be usable for me. currently, i'm running a CAI, HFC's, and a cat-back, but what made me wonder was that the notes said that the AP could damage engine if stock intake was not used. as for the stage 2+ map, i'm not sure if it'd slow down if i kept my stock headers on, since i'm still waiting for more companies bsides stillen to bring some out. would it be pointless to grab an AP if i dont grab headers, or which map would i use?
You would use the map closest to your mods (Stage 2), but it's going to throw off ratios due to the fact you're running intakes. DONT run Stage 2+ because you'll be running way too rich for your current mod setup. Keep an eye on your A/F ratios when you're running stage 2 (you probably dont want it over 12.8 at full wide open throttle).

I have stillen headers, the welds are great and I have felt more top-end power bolting them on. I'm getting a custom tune next week so we'll see how much power I can get out of them.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:05 AM
chamelieon

geeez man all this talk about nothing, the cobb is made for general mods, it can help you or it can do absolutely nothing. grab it and hop on a dyno and you will see your gains or not, if your not happy then sell it. but there is no other way of really knowing by asking a bunch of questions, every car is different and all the results will vary unless you are getting a custom tune for your car with your specific mods. period.

cobb needs to get off their *** and release the tuning software already, but they wont because we are not a large enough market, they are too busy competing with hondata for the 8th gen civic market, why because that market is probably 10x bigger than ours!

so of course the tuning software is out and in beta right now for the 8th gen civic.

my personal experience with a cobb app sucked, i made datalogs all the runs with every stage map on the cobb using an innovative OT1 and nothing changed between them but very minor fuel enrichment.. throttle never changed and was stuck at the 89% that is factory limited and timing never changed. which is crucial to gaining decent power.

what happens when i flashed the stock map? car made the best power.

cars with MAF sensors suck *****! fuel is controlled by intake air velocity instead of how much load the motor is producing. so changing intakes will alter that air velocity and mess everything up.

ok im done for today.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by chamelieon
geeez man all this talk about nothing, the cobb is made for general mods, it can help you or it can do absolutely nothing. grab it and hop on a dyno and you will see your gains or not, if your not happy then sell it. but there is no other way of really knowing by asking a bunch of questions, every car is different and all the results will vary unless you are getting a custom tune for your car with your specific mods. period.

cobb needs to get off their *** and release the tuning software already, but they wont because we are not a large enough market, they are too busy competing with hondata for the 8th gen civic market, why because that market is probably 10x bigger than ours!

so of course the tuning software is out and in beta right now for the 8th gen civic.

my personal experience with a cobb app sucked, i made datalogs all the runs with every stage map on the cobb using an innovative OT1 and nothing changed between them but very minor fuel enrichment.. throttle never changed and was stuck at the 89% that is factory limited and timing never changed. which is crucial to gaining decent power.

what happens when i flashed the stock map? car made the best power.

cars with MAF sensors suck *****! fuel is controlled by intake air velocity instead of how much load the motor is producing. so changing intakes will alter that air velocity and mess everything up.

ok im done for today.
I guess you haven't been here the last couple days, IT WAS RELEASED... FOR FREE!

http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?id=4214
Old 07-05-2009, 12:20 AM
chamelieon

Originally Posted by Staples
I guess you haven't been here the last couple days, IT WAS RELEASED... FOR FREE!

http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?id=4214
I guess I take that back! I stay away from cobb threads just for the fact im reminded what a waste it was when i got it, guess im glad i finally stepped in here now.. about damn time they release that damn software.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:36 AM
SilverBullet

I am considering getting the cobb. If I am running an Injen CAI, Ichiba y-pipe, and Greddy Ti-c, what map should I use? What exactly is Cobb's stock map? If I want to get a custom map made, how would I do that? I understand that I can get a dyno tune, but I was quoted $300 per hour. Is there a better way? Thanks.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:31 PM
SilverBullet

Another question, If I get a custom tune and later down the line I decide to get a new G37, say a 2010 model. Can I use my custom tune on the new G37 if I have the same parts? Can I use the same Accessport, or do I need to buy a new unit?
Old 07-05-2009, 04:55 PM
chamelieon

Originally Posted by SilverBullet
Another question, If I get a custom tune and later down the line I decide to get a new G37, say a 2010 model. Can I use my custom tune on the new G37 if I have the same parts? Can I use the same Accessport, or do I need to buy a new unit?
you should be able to use it as long as you keep everything the same. and you can keep the same cobb unit, you just unmarry it from the car and then you can use it in another car. the same unit should support 2008 and 2009. but just to be sure verify that on cobbs website.

Quick Reply: Official Cobb AccessPORT question, answer, and help thread