Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Official Cobb AccessPORT question, answer, and help thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 12:05 AM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jb5674
Cobb has the AP now....something about them "resetting" the device. I think its a load of bs, I jsut want one that works. BTW the drivers would only install sometimes, and I had to "trick" the computer to make it work. It happened twice. I have an MCSE so I know my 'ish when it comes to computers.
Try a different USB port, preferably one in the back of the computer.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:33 AM
xeroed

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
So I did a bit of testing with my AP last night but I'm having trouble quantifing the difference. The mods I have are the Gen 3 alpen horns, Stillen ceramic headers, HFC's, FI CF catback, and I use 93 octane.

The AF numbers at idle are identical between 2 and 2+ but I need to data log more on both maps to see what they show at WOT. I did more testing with 2+ because that map is the one I should be using and so far its appears to bounce around the mid to high 13's on WOT but I need to verify that. The log shows that AF does briefly dip to 10 at higher Rpm but I cant yet say if thats because of me letting off the throttle and it just takes a few counts to compensate.

I tried to use the dyno feature but the log data gets flakey past 6300 rpm with numbers in the 400hp range and stopping at 6700 rpm when the test was set to run till 7000. I'd love to think my car now magically had 450hp with bolt ons but thats obviously not the case. So I'm not sure what the deal with the dyno is.

What I noticed at idle that concerned me a bit is that with the stage 2+ map the car seems to hiccup every 30 to 60 seconds dipping the rpm. I know that when I put the Gen 3 on it created the hiccup, but its more severe now. I'm definately going to keep an eye on it. I've read some posts on the COBB site and theres a guy who had his car flat out stall when he was driving with his AP so I hope my luck isn't that bad.

The other 2 things I noticed is that when accelerating or revving the engine with the 2+ map, the motor now whines a bit. I don't know if thats bad or good. What is good is that it seemed to smooth out the exhaust note a bit making less raspy.

I'm not sure when I can get to a dyno to verify any gains or losses, but until then I'm open to any testing suggestions from you all because I know there aren't many here with the full list of required parts for the 2+ map and the info could be helpful to those on the fence with to get headers and or an AP

Oh, I almost forgot.... I never had a chance to put on the HFC oxygen sensor bung extenders so I had been seeing the CEL before installing the AP. After I reset the codes and drive for a bit the same codes show back up in the AP but they are blocked from showing up on the dash. Do you think theres any performance benifit to installing the bung extenders or is it truly just a nuisance warning. Any possible impact on the AF numbers?

Last edited by xeroed; 04-10-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:56 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

13 = Lean, 10 = Rich. God damnt why cant you guys get the fvcking things running right with the right A/F!!!!! This is embarrassing to the tuner-world. Release the pro-tuner software already damn't.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:56 AM
xeroed

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ok, so I drove from Chicago to Detroit yesterday and logged some better data. Disregard the numbers from my last post because they apparently weren't reflecting the right conditions and now I'm certain these are correct.

Stage 2+ numbers:

At idle the A/F hovers around 14.3-4

On the highway at a crusing speed of 75Mph, 2900Rpm, Throttle POS of 9-10% the A/F is also in the 14.3-4 range

On the highway with maintained moderate acceleration the A/F maintains 14.3-4 until the throttle hits 13% which then drops the A/F to 13.5 and continues to drop about 12 at 16.5% throttle POS

On the highway with WOT which apparently has a maximum of 71.05%, the A/F hovers in the 10.4-9 range but does occasionally dip all the way to down to an even 10 (maybe the bumps in the road made my foot a bit shakey on the accelerator) Keep in mind that I only maxed out at 7000Rpm and didn't take it to redline with this run.

On a side note, those of you curious about heat soaking of the Gen 3 intakes should note that upon reviewing my data, the air intake temp is slightly higher than ambient external temperature, maybe 5 degrees warmer even at idle.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:04 AM
SOLISIMO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
13 = Lean, 10 = Rich. God damnt why cant you guys get the fvcking things running right with the right A/F!!!!! This is embarrassing to the tuner-world. Release the pro-tuner software already damn't.
I aggree, I wouldve jumped on this but they seem to be playing games.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:36 AM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Looks like it. But don't hassle them because i heard that the mazdaspeed people kept complaining with negative comments, and they dropped the mazdaspeed AP support completely.

http://forums.cobbtuning.com/forums/...9&postcount=17

I hope they bring advancements for the G37 community, and until then i'll wait patiently or look for an alternative.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:23 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

They already dropped it on the g35 and 350z community, why you think no one on driver and my350z ever buys Cobb, its just nothing came out for the g37 yet so Cobb jumped in making quick money. All REAL Tuners know these A/F #s are stupid, if these #s are like this after a tune at GTM they wont even let you leave. Here you see brand new 40k car's ecu and drivability getting hammered over 600 dollar fvcking gadgets. One UpRev release you'll see the results, Technosquare already doing its job, dont listen to me or get mad to me, you dont have to, JUST WATCH, Mark my words and wait...it'll prove it self, i been lurking the vq forums for tooo long.

When you guys record, pay most attention to FULL THROTTLE A/F, thats the most important. Thats why tuner do full runs on the dyno to see this, tuner rule = DOESNT MATTER WHAT THE HP #S ARE, AS LONG AS THE A/F IS GOOD TO GO THEN WE'RE GOOD TO GO, DOESNT MATTER IF THE HP #S ARE LOW, SAFETY OVER POWER.

Using same maps on every-car is fvcking ghetto, you can load the base map sure, but then you gotta Tune it! I been holding this shiet in for too long and I see all these newbs going hey im dipping 10 or dipping 13 and it feel s0o0 much power, this is awesome! daaa fck!?!??!?! Watch me fvckers Imma prove a point for my community soon.

Edit: I dont like to say it but i was planning to go to school for ecu-automotive tuning, and go on from there. But after seeing what all the tuners have to go through, all the competition and everything, i decide to go a different route, for I only wanted to do it for a hobby. But I still watch and admire tuners as they perform their magic, then I see these pre-loaded map crap with in-corrected a/fs...wtf!!!!!

Last edited by G37Rider92649; 04-11-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:44 PM
VONYC

Alright so i put on most of the mods that i really wanted and now i want to get myself a cobb AP ..

I just need to know a couple things .. when i get it and data log the car .. will it pick up my mods so that when i send it to cobb they can make me a map according to my mods?

will it fix any AF ratios ?

will it give me HP ?

Will it give me back some torque ?

i am not familiar with it and dont know too much about it .. thats why im asking ... so if anyone that is familiar with it can help me out and clarify it with me that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Old 04-11-2009, 03:51 PM
C@ciQ

I guess that also....lol. Im hoping for it.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:53 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Whyyy? I like to choose my tuner
Old 04-11-2009, 03:57 PM
C@ciQ

Originally Posted by VONYC
Alright so i put on most of the mods that i really wanted and now i want to get myself a cobb AP ..

I just need to know a couple things .. when i get it and data log the car .. will it pick up my mods so that when i send it to cobb they can make me a map according to my mods?

will it fix any AF ratios ?

will it give me HP ?

Will it give me back some torque ?

i am not familiar with it and dont know too much about it .. thats why im asking ... so if anyone that is familiar with it can help me out and clarify it with me that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Old 04-11-2009, 04:10 PM
C@ciQ

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
Whyyy? I like to choose my tuner
I agree with you BUT down here I dont have the accesibility that most of you have to tuning services. Next saturday Im getting my headers done and a dyno run with AP before and a after. Ill post the results and since I I have a bunch of questions and more that will come out eventually and of course results will take a decision wether to keep it or Nawt.

BTW...You still got Injen on? What are your numbers so that I can have an estimated average?

Last edited by C@ciQ; 04-11-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:00 PM
VONYC

anyone have a cobb AP for sale !!! i need to buy ASAP !
Old 04-13-2009, 10:27 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Originally Posted by C@ciQ
I agree with you BUT down here I dont have the accesibility that most of you have to tuning services. Next saturday Im getting my headers done and a dyno run with AP before and a after. Ill post the results and since I I have a bunch of questions and more that will come out eventually and of course results will take a decision wether to keep it or Nawt.

BTW...You still got Injen on? What are your numbers so that I can have an estimated average?
You're in Florida? Many Osiris tuners down there. Sure, let me see the results. Good luck and hope you get some awesome #s bro! I dont have my injens on, i sold it and now awaiting for my Status Elite intakes

As for why tuner, Im picky with my tuner. Heck i seen cases where both same cars have similiar hp #s and one still beats the other, because of tuning and power-band throughout full throttle. That's why I'm not worried, wait till Osiris comes out and people get it tuned by different dealers, I'll switch from disagreeing with Cobb to smashing newbs & others with how my tuner is better than your tuner with facts
Old 04-17-2009, 01:17 AM
chucky

I posted some dyno results for the stage2+ in the stage 2 thread. Check it out.

Quick Reply: Official Cobb AccessPORT question, answer, and help thread