Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Official Cobb AccessPORT question, answer, and help thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 12:44 AM
chamelieon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NJlakeshoreG
cant figure out how 2 make the maps go from the site to the AP...any 1 know??
the ones on the site you download.. say to a folder on the desktop, then open up the accessport manager, software that you installed from the included cd, and there is a button that says import.. now everything will show on the list.. then just highlight one and right click and select upload to the AP, but of course you have to have the AP connected to your usb on your laptop.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:21 AM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jnguyennikka
Oh i had this problem, i had to send it back to the Cobb in baton rouge LA.
so go ahead and pack it up and send it to the cobb in baton rouge and they will fix you up. Since i am part of this service department in Cobb i will pay for shipping cost and you can just send it to

Cobb Performance
Joseph Nguyen
baton rouge LA
I hope they know this is a joke before you start receiving shipments left and right lol
Old 11-21-2008, 08:22 AM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chamelieon
the ones on the site you download.. say to a folder on the desktop, then open up the accessport manager, software that you installed from the included cd, and there is a button that says import.. now everything will show on the list.. then just highlight one and right click and select upload to the AP, but of course you have to have the AP connected to your usb on your laptop.
damn manny i tried this a few times b4 i posted up, tahts y i think there is really something wrong with my AP, but maybe tehres not, will it show another stage 2 map? or will this replace the old one???
Old 11-21-2008, 11:19 AM
matrix311

Originally Posted by kevinyo
HELP !!! I just got my Cobb AP plugged the cable securely and turned the ignition to 'ON' but it cannot communicate with my G. I don't know what's going on. I unplugged and tried and tried but it never seem to work. Please HELP !!!
Hey man I had this same exact problem with my AP when I got it. Luckily my friend had an AP as well and come to find out the dongle was the problem. If you have anyone local that has the AP, try their dongle, if not call Cobb and have them send you a new dongle. When i first got my AP I would plug it in, the car would power the unit up but when I tried to do anything on the AP, it could never identify the ECU, it kept giving an error when communicating with the ECU. I tried my friends dongle (the piece that plugs into the OBD port) and it worked just fine.

Good luck and hopefully the dongle is the problem, which more then likely it is.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:46 AM
kevinyo

Sorry AZ not trying to jack your thread bro

I called Cobb tech support but still didn't work out. They told me to ship(outta my pocket) it back for a repair. Man this is really suck!
Old 11-21-2008, 12:14 PM
matrix311

Originally Posted by kevinyo
I called Cobb tech support but still didn't work out. They told me to ship(outta my pocket) it back for a repair. Man this is really suck!
yep I had to ship my dongle back out of my own pocket expense as well. I can almost assure you it's the dongle as the problem you described is exactly the same problem I had.

One thing you should try before sending it back is reflashing your dongle. Contact cobb support for info on how to reflash the dongle, that may work as well.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:26 PM
chamelieon

Originally Posted by NJlakeshoreG
damn manny i tried this a few times b4 i posted up, tahts y i think there is really something wrong with my AP, but maybe tehres not, will it show another stage 2 map? or will this replace the old one???
I found a stage2 93 v100 map on the cd and i cant verify how different it is to the stage2 91 OCT map, but i would assume its meant for 93 octane.. and it is loaded on my AP since i uploaded it and i can flash it but i dont have any mods yet for the stage 2 map.

what is your firmware version on the AP now ?
Old 11-21-2008, 01:56 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
Official Cobb AccessPORT question, answer, and help thread

here you go guys, no more useless thread jacking and off topic questions. use this thread to continue discussing issues related to the cobb AP. Enjoy!

Last edited by AZg37; 11-21-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:19 PM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

ok i did know how to do it...theres something wrong with either the maps online or my AP...waiting on a call backf rom cobb...
Old 11-21-2008, 02:45 PM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

ok, they are the same maps that r preloaded on the AP...but the issue was, there was a misprint it said automatic when it is a manual program..should be fixed already..
Old 11-24-2008, 05:42 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
thats a weird problem you had NJ,
Old 11-26-2008, 09:31 PM
willizm

Any update as to when the accessport tuning software will be available to certified cobb tuners? Also, is this something that a tuning shop would have to purchase outside of their existing cobb setup or just be available for them to download off of the site?
Old 11-26-2008, 09:33 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
screw the tuning get it out for the 09. I should have mine friday. I am in Canada but if there is anyway I can help Cobb out with this I would be glad to get involved.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:05 PM
matrix311

Originally Posted by willizm
Any update as to when the accessport tuning software will be available to certified cobb tuners? Also, is this something that a tuning shop would have to purchase outside of their existing cobb setup or just be available for them to download off of the site?

It will be a long time before the pro-tuner software comes available. Our AP has been out for my car for just about a year and they still do not have the pro-tuning software released. They are coming out with new and improved OTS maps which is nice, but we still cannot custom tune the car yet. The software will be an additional purchase of around $200.00 plus the cost of tuning at your local tuner shop (varies) and the price of the AP $695.00 so it gets to be costly.

They said our software was supposed to be out around 6-8 weeks after the AP was released for our car, like I said it's been almost a year later and still no signs of when the pro-tuner software will be released. I wouldnt get your hopes up for anything early on your pro-tuner software coming available anytime soon.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:21 PM
willizm

Originally Posted by matrix311
It will be a long time before the pro-tuner software comes available. Our AP has been out for my car for just about a year and they still do not have the pro-tuning software released. They are coming out with new and improved OTS maps which is nice, but we still cannot custom tune the car yet. The software will be an additional purchase of around $200.00 plus the cost of tuning at your local tuner shop (varies) and the price of the AP $695.00 so it gets to be costly.

They said our software was supposed to be out around 6-8 weeks after the AP was released for our car, like I said it's been almost a year later and still no signs of when the pro-tuner software will be released. I wouldnt get your hopes up for anything early on your pro-tuner software coming available anytime soon.
Damn, not exactly what I wanted to hear, but it's good to know what cobb is doing with other makes. I can live with map updates though.

Quick Reply: Official Cobb AccessPORT question, answer, and help thread