Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Official Cobb AccessPORT question, answer, and help thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 08:28 PM
xeroed

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'll be using it when I get your AP....

Originally Posted by jnguyen
but req headers so i dont know why all yall using it hahah
Old 04-01-2009, 08:30 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Let us know your A/F #s at full load when you do, thanks.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:59 PM
xeroed

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Will do.... What are other ppl seeing on their A/F#'s?
Old 04-02-2009, 02:01 AM
chucky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update

I posted my Cobb of Plano dyno AFR's averages earlier in this thread. They are for a baseline with a modified Injen cai, FI's hfc's and exhaust, stage 2 91 oct, and stage2 93 oct. The highest on all three maps at max power was 13.1. Average is between 12.6 and 12.8. Why am I running the stage2+ without headers? Because it includes a cai which is where all the power debate is centered. Why run the accessport stock map if you have mod's? Someone did and it produced more power than stage 2. So a little experimentation produced good results, some may not work out as well but that's why we post on this forum. Who would think I'd pick up 12 whp and 12 lb's of torque with a 93 octane upgrade at Cobb but I did and that was the best bang for the buck of all my mod's. For those who are concerned about AFR's after you use a Cobb map just check it with the Monitor function. As far as perfect that's not going to happen until Cobb fine tunes each car independently. Reading more than the last post will help us all make more informed decisions. I expect to get nailed for that statement but it's the truth!
Old 04-02-2009, 03:29 AM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Haha its fine bro, enjoy your Cobb Waiting for Cobb Custom Tune?? Cool, I can't wait too, time to compare #s and driving capability with other tuning softwares. Unless it's FI, Cobb cant do it yet

As for me, I made my decision, my tuner does both (cobb & others etc.), had a little chit chat and we came to conclusion whats best for me.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:47 AM
chucky

Thanks, I was just getting ready to cross my feet for the final nail. I know other tuners get more power right now. A while back I was involved in trying to get Tecnosquare to come to Dallas to do a group flash and tune. I chose Cobb because they have a shop near me and they know their s$%#. The AP.... has a lot to offer and eventually Cobb will be at least equal to other tuners. If I wanted all out performance the G wouldn't be sitting in my garage. But I do want to give a BMW a little surprise every now and then. Good luck with all your goals. I love this forum tee hee.

Last edited by chucky; 04-02-2009 at 04:11 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:18 PM
jb5674

Ok, Im pretty pissed off and need some help. Two computers (one VISTA and one XP) have had teh AP s/w installed and not Icant get the damn AP to read to get the 2+ map on. The first time around the AP took forever and a day and me to "mess" with the computer to get it to read. Finally, it did. Frank @ Hills was there for the install and he was a little stumped too. After readign about the Vista issure, I wanted to load all the AP stuff on my vista work laptop. Still nada. I plug the AP in and all I see is a pic of a car with wheels. Yeah, its a G37 but for the $$ we paid for this thing I want it to work. I have a REVO chip in my VW and its flawless when I connect to any pc. WTF. Someone please help!!!

Everything is up to date, yet I cant get the computer to read the device.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:09 PM
willizm

Originally Posted by jb5674
Ok, Im pretty pissed off and need some help. Two computers (one VISTA and one XP) have had teh AP s/w installed and not Icant get the damn AP to read to get the 2+ map on. The first time around the AP took forever and a day and me to "mess" with the computer to get it to read. Finally, it did. Frank @ Hills was there for the install and he was a little stumped too. After readign about the Vista issure, I wanted to load all the AP stuff on my vista work laptop. Still nada. I plug the AP in and all I see is a pic of a car with wheels. Yeah, its a G37 but for the $$ we paid for this thing I want it to work. I have a REVO chip in my VW and its flawless when I connect to any pc. WTF. Someone please help!!!

Everything is up to date, yet I cant get the computer to read the device.
http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?ID=4054

Works fine for me. Go to http://www.accessecu.com/cgi-bin/dow...ORTUpdater.exe install the latest AccessPORT Updater program first. Run the updater

Then install the latest AccessPORT Manager software from http://www.accessecu.com/support/AP-Mgr-Setup.exe

Then install the latest firmware from here http://www.accessecu.com/support/acc...P_1.3.2.0.html
Old 04-06-2009, 01:39 AM
rawr

Hey, I installed the stage2+ map just to see what the afr would be.. I am was running berk high flow Cats and straight flow exhaust (no muffler+straight pipes) It came out to a wopping 10.5-11 at full load. lol..changed back to the regular stage 2 map so my engine doesn't vaporize into pieces
Old 04-06-2009, 08:00 AM
jb5674

For William -

I tried what you mentioned. Still nothing. Will call Cobb as soon as they open. IDK what the problem can be. At this point, I may ask for another devcice.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:08 PM
tristan1334

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rawr
Hey, I installed the stage2+ map just to see what the afr would be.. I am was running berk high flow Cats and straight flow exhaust (no muffler+straight pipes) It came out to a wopping 10.5-11 at full load. lol..changed back to the regular stage 2 map so my engine doesn't vaporize into pieces
LOL. What's your AFR on stage2?
Old 04-06-2009, 03:26 PM
willizm

Originally Posted by jb5674
For William -

I tried what you mentioned. Still nothing. Will call Cobb as soon as they open. IDK what the problem can be. At this point, I may ask for another devcice.
Sometimes firewall/antivirus software can interfere with a usb device. Try disabling any firewall or antivirus software and reconnect the AP. Other then that, I'm not sure without looking at your pc what else it could be. Did you install the latest and greatest releases from the cobb site and not from the disk?

Also, I think when you install the updater software and run it, the AP drivers are also installed. Without those drivers being installed the AP will not be recognizable in windows or the AP manager.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:08 PM
jb5674

Originally Posted by willizm
Sometimes firewall/antivirus software can interfere with a usb device. Try disabling any firewall or antivirus software and reconnect the AP. Other then that, I'm not sure without looking at your pc what else it could be. Did you install the latest and greatest releases from the cobb site and not from the disk?

Also, I think when you install the updater software and run it, the AP drivers are also installed. Without those drivers being installed the AP will not be recognizable in windows or the AP manager.
Cobb has the AP now....something about them "resetting" the device. I think its a load of bs, I jsut want one that works. BTW the drivers would only install sometimes, and I had to "trick" the computer to make it work. It happened twice. I have an MCSE so I know my 'ish when it comes to computers.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:05 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

so hows the stage +2 for everybody
Old 04-09-2009, 07:09 PM
kaos2774
Registered Member

I'm running stage 2+ my AFR is going from 10.5 to 20. Car feels great.

Quick Reply: Official Cobb AccessPORT question, answer, and help thread