Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Official Cobb AccessPORT question, answer, and help thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 07:29 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stage 1, kinda rich, stage 2, RICH, stage 3, Rich, but sometimes in between stage 1 and 2 RICH lol. If you're in the East Coast and running intake, more likely LEAAAAN for some people. Reason why, YOU HAVE YOUR INTAKE!!!! If you're running rich without intake than i dont know But it's designed for stock intake only. This issue can be solved or is IF they released a map for the Intakes too already, or you could get a custom/pro-tune and it will be resolved obviously.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:30 PM
peterbanks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is from the AccessPORT manual, in the install section
This detection may occur
prior to saving the stock ECU program data, in which case the ECU program data
will not be saved. In the case of a previous install, a stock ECU program supplied
on the AccessPORT will be used when you uninstall.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:35 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by peterbanks
This is from the AccessPORT manual, in the install section
what does that mean. Do they have a preloaded G37 Stock Oem map installed already even if you dont save?
Old 03-17-2009, 07:36 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes, that's the " Stock Style Map " Which is not your original OEM map.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:41 PM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
FCK. so basically im Cobb forever and not Oem. WIll the dealership know when i go in?
Old 03-17-2009, 08:01 PM
tristan1334

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
Would it be just the same as replacing any factory parts to another? Since you're uninstalling Cobb from the ecu and using someone elses OEM setting I don't think dealer could see.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:44 PM
jnguyen

turns out Cobb is preloaded with G37 stock Ecu so even if u dont save. you go back to oem

What joe from cobb said

Okay so let me explain what happened to your EUC. The very first time you installed the AccessPORT you chose the option to dump the ECU and store it on the AccessPORT. Now durning this proccess something happend and some of the data stream was corupted. Something could have shocked the ECU, or the AccessPORT. Dosn't matter. That rom was stored off on the AccessPORT and never touched again until you chose to uninstall. When you uninstalled the AccessPORT it flash that bad rom onto your cars ECU. When you re installed the AccessPORT and chose not to dump the ECU, the AccessPORT used the internal stock rom when it uninstalled.

Nissan has released 5 updates for your car version 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D' and 'E'. The AccessPORT has the version 'E' rom stored inside of it and is what was used when you chose not to dump the rom.

So what that means is that before you ever installed the AccessPORT you had one of the five versions of rom on your car and now you have the most up to date one :-) And yes your car is running OEM software. The rom that is used when you uninstalled is totally stock.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:08 AM
dpjones

Ok, I'm kind of confused as to what to do. Yesterday I installed my FI HFCs, FI Catback, and Stillen Gen 3 CAI. I also purchases a COBB and have been reading through all of this, and now my head hurts

First thing I noticed is that I can't find anything other than version 1.00 maps. That is what is on my CD and COBB's web site. Where are these 1.03 maps everyone is talking about?

My AP has Firmware version v1.3.0.4-8475
I installed the AccessPORT Updater on my computer and it never sees the AP. It tells me to connect it and if it was already connected, to use the "Re-connect" from the main menu on the AP. I don't have such an option on my AP. This may be the latest version of the firmware, but I wanted to check. I have Windows Vista if that makes a difference. It is also complaining about some drivers not being located.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:23 AM
dpjones

I installed the AP Software on my work laptop which has XP on it and that works much better than Vista. I now have updated my firmware to v1.3.2.0-9019. I still don't know where to get the latest version of maps though.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:14 PM
TJ_coupe

I am following this and I am confused, I have been looking at getting one, but every one seems to think the "stock style" map makes the best power. if thats the one there calling OEM. than running the "stock style map", is it really doing anything at all for your car? Andy at HP said thats the map most people run.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:16 PM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by TJ_coupe
I am following this and I am confused, I have been looking at getting one, but every one seems to think the "stock style" map makes the best power. if thats the one there calling OEM. than running the "stock style map", is it really doing anything at all for your car? Andy at HP said thats the map most people run.
Stock Style Map makes the most power out of all the map. I dont know why but it just does. So basically Stage 1 and 2 dont do sheeet for the car. SO if you want more power then i suggest a custom tune but if not then just use stock style map. It still works and make power
Old 03-22-2009, 05:06 PM
ryanmross

Ya, great question!

Stock Style Map is the latest Nissan map?
And makes more power than the rest..
Why buy the AP, if your car came with this Nissan map?

Cobb should jump in to explain better to us, rather then us assuming one thing or the other.

Originally Posted by TJ_coupe
Old 03-22-2009, 05:07 PM
dpjones

Still don't have a clue where to get the new maps everyone is talking about, but I went ahead and tried to use this thing in my car so i could at least see what my A/F ration and such were. It is telling me that it doesn't support my car!!!!
Old 03-22-2009, 05:35 PM
TJ_coupe

well, if the COBB stock map makes more power than the OEM map. than theres no way it can be the OEM map that came with the car. and that would mean the dealership could tell the difference??? I dont know this for sure, this is more of a question
Old 03-22-2009, 08:38 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
I think what OEM style map means is that:
Now with stock mods, our ECU has a certain map to which has a certain AF ratio at each rpm.. when you mod, you start leaning out that mixture (since there's more air now), so what the COBB stock style map does is compensate by adding more fuel to mix making it richer (to decrease your AF ratio back to stock style AF ratio) and thus the name Stock Style Maps.. again, someone correct me if I'm wrong please

Quick Reply: Official Cobb AccessPORT question, answer, and help thread