Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Official Cobb AccessPORT question, answer, and help thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 02:29 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by peterbanks
That is the indicator for the passenger airbag disable. Do you have something light sitting in the passenger seat, that would trigger the weight sensor?
nope nothing is sitting on there at all. i even sat in it and it still blink.

Also if i didnt save my stock ecu and uninsatll CObb. will i get a stock ecu back or something cause cobb told me to uninstall Cobb then reinstall it and dont save the ecu then uninstall again and now my car works except for this blinking light
Old 03-17-2009, 03:17 PM
peterbanks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jnguyen
Also if i didnt save my stock ecu and uninsatll CObb. will i get a stock ecu back or something cause cobb told me to uninstall Cobb then reinstall it and dont save the ecu then uninstall again and now my car works except for this blinking light
It will uninstall and leave the Cobb "Stock Style Map" on the ECU.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:25 PM
jnguyen

It will uninstall and leave the Cobb "Stock Style Map" on the ECU.
WTH?! so i dont have my OEM stock no more? what happen if i bring into the dealership now. Cobb told me not to save it cause it seems as if my stock oem was corrupted so now i just have the stock style map permanently?
Old 03-17-2009, 03:29 PM
peterbanks

↑ Yes. Unless you have the dealer replace your ECU, your stuck with the Cobb map.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:31 PM
jnguyen

↑ Yes. Unless you have the dealer replace your ECU, your stuck with the Cobb map.
so i basically voided my warranty now . Will dealership still work on my car? Would they even be able to tell?
Old 03-17-2009, 03:41 PM
peterbanks

so i basically voided my warranty now . Will dealership still work on my car? Would they even be able to tell?
Voided Warranty Ask Cobb if the dealer would be able to determine if it's there stock map or the oem.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:12 PM
tristan1334

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't think they would be able to tell. The stock style map are very similar or or almost the same settings as our ecu. It may be from a different G37.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:16 PM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by tristan1334
I don't think they would be able to tell. The stock style map are very similar or or almost the same settings as our ecu. It may be from a different G37.
eh i hope, it sucks that im stuck with Cobb forever now. I dont get how it would be the same setting though if Stock Style Map make more power then stock and stage 1-2
Old 03-17-2009, 07:16 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wait WHAT?!?!? NO HOLD UP. Mis-information here!!!

CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG

The "stock style map" is an option on the Cobb for the vehicle, it's from Cobb and IS NOT your original map, if you have an intake and load that, your car STILL WILL run rich too, unless there's a map out for it or you do a custom tune.

Your REAL STOCK MAP, get's saved when you INSTALL your Cobb in the BEGINNING, when UN-INSTALLING your Cobb, it transfer your ORIGINAL OEM MAP back into your ecu, then re-downloads it back into the cobb for the INSTALL. So I do not believe it loads the "stock style map" when you un-install the cobb. The stock style map is there for an option to quickly flash it before you go into the dealer if you're scared, it's not MAKING YOUR ECU STOCK, THE STOCK STYLE MAP IS MAKING YOUR ECU ACT LIKE IT'S STOCK. Your ORIGINAL MAP will be TRANSFERED BACK IN when you UNINSTALL the Cobb. So let's say you sell the Cobb after, the new person who INSTALLS IT, the COBB will DOWNLOAD their STOCK MAP into it and the whole process over again.

If there was actually an issue with your ecu with Cobb, or if you're actually "stuck" with Cobb forever, or your ECU restricts you from Starting the engine because it's in safe-mode due to failure during re-flash, you would HAVE TO SEND YOUR ECU BACK into Cobb, they will have to probably get a new stock oem map from nissan and hopefully not have to sauder your ecu to reflash the new oem map into it.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:23 PM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
Wait WHAT?!?!? NO HOLD UP. Mis-information here!!!

CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG

The "stock style map" is an option on the Cobb for the vehicle, it's from Cobb and IS NOT your original map, if you have an intake and load that, your car STILL WILL run rich too, unless there's a map out for it or you do a custom tune.

Your REAL STOCK MAP, get's saved when you INSTALL your Cobb in the BEGINNING, when UN-INSTALLING your Cobb, it transfer your ORIGINAL OEM MAP back into your ecu, then re-downloads it back into the cobb for the INSTALL. So I do not believe it loads the "stock style map" when you un-install the cobb. The stock style map is there for an option to quickly flash it before you go into the dealer if you're scared, it's not MAKING YOUR ECU STOCK, THE STOCK STYLE MAP IS MAKING YOUR ECU ACT LIKE IT'S STOCK. Your ORIGINAL MAP will be TRANSFERED BACK IN when you UNINSTALL the Cobb. So let's say you sell the Cobb after, the new person who INSTALLS IT, the COBB will DOWNLOAD their STOCK MAP into it and the whole process over again.

If there was actually an issue with your ecu with Cobb, or if you're actually "stuck" with Cobb forever, or your ECU restricts you from Starting the engine because it's in safe-mode due to failure during re-flash, you would HAVE TO SEND YOUR ECU BACK into Cobb, they will have to probably get a new stock oem map from nissan and hopefully not have to sauder your ecu to reflash the new oem map into it.

are you sure? Cause i called cobb. they Told me to Uninstall, which i did but the car was fck with Code p0605 and car would start but gas wouldnt work. So they told me to reinstall any map from cobb but this time dont save the Stock ECU then after its done uninstall it. Exactly what i did and my car is working again but Peter bank say since i didnt save it the second time it just reinstall stock style map.

The reason Cobb say the reason it might not have work is that my Stock Ecu might have been corrupted and maybe that why when i uninstall it gave me p0605 and even when i cleared the code. it kept coming back and still not work until i Install without saving stock map and uninstall. So im guessing they said my save stock Ecu was corrupted? idk

SO do i have my Stock ECu back on my car or no after uninstalling even without saving my stock ecu? I hope so but if not then its whatever
Old 03-17-2009, 07:24 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Just an update for Cobb guys that George@GTM just called me the under day and let me knwo that Sam could tune the G37 with the pro-tuner software soon, and it's basically released, anybody that want's a full reflash tune with Cobb, Sam@GTM has it available, I'm not 100% sure if it's out yet, but he'll be one of the first or the first actually to be able to do it.

Osiris UpRev is also coming out soon too. Which is probably what I'm going to go with personally.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:25 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

are you sure? Cause i called cobb. they Told me to Uninstall, which i did but the car was fck with Code p0605 and car would start but gas wouldnt work. So they told me to reinstall any map from cobb but this time dont save the Stock ECU then after its done uninstall it. Exactly what i did and my car is working again but Peter bank say since i didnt save it the second time it just reinstall stock style map.

The reason Cobb say the reason it might not have work is that my Stock Ecu might have been corrupted and maybe that why when i uninstall it gave me p0605 and even when i cleared the code. it kept coming back and still not work until i Install without saving stock map and uninstall

SO do i have my Stock ECu back on my car or no after uninstalling even without saving my stock ecu? I hope so but if not then its whatever

O00O0O0O0...atleast what i said on my behalf was true, but in your situation.....uh oh. I mean you'll be fine but awww maan have Cobb get you your stock ecu back bro, or maybe I'm missing information so if any updates, let us know!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:26 PM
peterbanks

I dont get how it would be the same setting though if Stock Style Map make more power then stock and stage 1-2
Here's the thread with dyno runs of all maps, that shows the "Stock Style Map" making more power than 1 & 2. LINK
Old 03-17-2009, 07:28 PM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
O00O0O0O0...atleast what i said on my behalf was true, but in your situation.....uh oh. I mean you'll be fine but awww maan have Cobb get you your stock ecu back bro, or maybe I'm missing information so if any updates, let us know!!!
no clue man. I mean im fine cause my car works and all but what if i need to bring into dealer one day. I mean my cobb is uninstall from car but idk what map it loaded into my car since i didnt save the second time. i mean should it save even from the first time i did it cause i mean it not like it can erase. idk it whatever. i hate cobb sheet
Old 03-17-2009, 07:29 PM
jnguyen

Here's the thread with dyno runs of all maps, that shows the "Stock Style Map" making more power than 1 & 2. LINK
yeah i know that. im saying that Stock Style map and Oem or nothing alike i believe so the dealer would know cause i mean. It may be call Stock Style map but it is adjust where it does make more power than oem

Quick Reply: Official Cobb AccessPORT question, answer, and help thread