Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Cobb Access Port vs. Technosquare Reflash

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Lastchance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cobb Access Port vs. Technosquare Reflash

I've been wondering what the difference is...pros vs. cons...etc. Who produces the most power? All I know is that Cobb offers things such as setting the car back to stock and has some anti-theft and rev limiting capabilities for valets. Other than that...??
Old 11-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Lastchance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh yeah, and does the Access Port take into account AND ADAPT all the new bolt-ons that you may add??
Old 11-08-2008, 08:24 AM
rossab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would vote the accessport all the way... the amount of power each produce will pretty much depend on the tuner, since in essence, they do exactly the same thing. With the accessport you get so much more than just a reflash though.

It wont adapt to your new bolt ons, but if you don't want to pay to get a custom tuning done, you can usually find someone that has gotten it done with the same mods you have and see if they'll share the file. Cobb will have a couple configurations pre-loaded and will offer updates to the tunes that you can download from their website.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:56 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd vote technosquare... and then eventually the access port. You'll get a tune specific to your car which would have more value then you'd get from the access port at this point.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:08 PM
SurgeLineTuning

Originally Posted by Lastchance
Oh yeah, and does the Access Port take into account AND ADAPT all the new bolt-ons that you may add??
Both platforms use the same STOCK ecu as a backbone. The ability of the car to adapt does not change. That is the beauty of tuning with the stock ECU. Changing look up tables and small parts of the ECU logic leave intack the core of the ECU which adapt to different fuels, altitude, ambient temperature, etc.

I did much of the testing and tuning for these initial cobb g37 maps. More maps are on the way for a greater spectrum of modifications. In fact, in the comming two weeks i will be tuning for headers as well as popular intakes and higher octane fuels. :-)

Best regards
Tim Bailey -
SurgeLine Tuning
Old 11-09-2008, 01:13 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
your dealership will void your warranty if they find out you have a technosquare reflash. the cobb accessport allows you to reset to factory specs before going in for service.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:23 PM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by speedracer g37
your dealership will void your warranty if they find out you have a technosquare reflash. the cobb accessport allows you to reset to factory specs before going in for service.
Exactly, That's why i'm going with the accessport. Plus you will be able to download new maps and won't have to pay $150 for Technosquare to retune you vehicle and you won't have to take a day off of work or school to drive down to torrance
Old 11-10-2008, 04:22 PM
GarySheehan

Originally Posted by Lastchance
I've been wondering what the difference is...pros vs. cons...etc. Who produces the most power? All I know is that Cobb offers things such as setting the car back to stock and has some anti-theft and rev limiting capabilities for valets. Other than that...??
Read the press release in the Cobb Access Port now Available for G37 thread. It explains all of the "other than that...??" you may be interested in.

Gary