Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Cobb Access Port now Availible for G37...

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 06:52 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah thanks, i basically knew most of that but i just dont understand how they can only have 2 maps out. it restricks more the half this forum.

Everyone is going to have a different map, but i guess over time more people would creat a stage for cobb like what your doing for them, and then they would have the most possible maps for all diferrent mods.

Since their is like 8 diff exhaust, 7 diff intakes, and then HFC. I mean it can get pretty confusing trieng to find the map that fits your mods.

You have one of the most if not the most modded performance NA g37 on this site. Now say some1 doesnt have headers or pullies, their restricted to you your map right? it would throw evertyhing off like their a/f etc
Old 11-19-2008, 06:56 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
yeah thanks, i basically knew most of that but i just dont understand how they can only have 2 maps out. it restricks more the half this forum.

Everyone is going to have a different map, but i guess over time more people would creat a stage for cobb like what your doing for them, and then they would have the most possible maps for all diferrent mods.

Since their is like 8 diff exhaust, 7 diff intakes, and then HFC. I mean it can get pretty confusing trieng to find the map that fits your mods.

You have one of the most if not the most modded performance NA g37 on this site. Now say some1 doesnt have headers or pullies, their restricted to you your map right? it would throw evertyhing off like their a/f etc

Thats why in the next month or so, Cobb is releasing the tuning software for all Cobb certified shops to custom makes maps. you can stop in with your cobb AP, and with an quick tuning session have a custom map for your specific vehicle
Old 11-19-2008, 07:02 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
will this AP work on the 09's?
Old 11-19-2008, 11:06 PM
vinnys coupe

Originally Posted by AZg37
Thats why in the next month or so, Cobb is releasing the tuning software for all Cobb certified shops to custom makes maps. you can stop in with your cobb AP, and with an quick tuning session have a custom map for your specific vehicle
thats what would solve this whole problem, they just should have released it when that was ready, bc i knew they where going to run into problems right off the bat.

But atleast its in the making.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:16 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This probably is not going to be happening for a good while if it happens at all.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:43 AM
willizm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
thats what would solve this whole problem, they just should have released it when that was ready, bc i knew they where going to run into problems right off the bat.

But atleast its in the making.
I agree releasing the software would solve the conundrum, but give some merit for cobb getting the AP out in our hands before the end of the year. Given the complexity of many ECU's and the securities to reflash, they have done a great job to get us a solution. Many people were predicting a year or two for cobb to get us this solution. Besides, I don't want cobb to release the software untested fully so I rather wait until they are ready.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:39 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Looking forward to installing this suckker !
Old 11-20-2008, 11:29 AM
vinnys coupe

^from your sig, it just looks like ur waiting on the aftermarket intake problem to be resolved. unless you run with stocks intakes and just run hfc and exhaust
Old 11-20-2008, 02:57 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Originally Posted by bboysteele
This probably is not going to be happening for a good while if it happens at all.
Bboy, I actually had about an hour long conversation with their lead software/engineer guy their at Cobb headquarters. I initially asked him about the rumors that it would be released in about six months, and he assured me it would be less then 2. They released it for the GTR already, just had the press release. He said our ROM's are about 90% the same, and the only hold up was the fact we have like 17 different versions of ROM's for our cars. It will be released, and I'll wager it is probably done around the new year
Old 11-20-2008, 02:58 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I soon hope to have a map made for JWT, HFC, Catback, and Pulley... again... (hope)
Old 11-20-2008, 03:20 PM
peterbanks

From Yesterday

This is an email from Chris at Cobb, I was given access to the upcoming firmware release that is currently in Beta. As you can see from the email, the new firmware with Data logging capability should be released to the public "in the next week or so".

Sean,

It appears this issues is going to take a little longer to fix than we originally thought. We should have it fixed by the time we release the new firmware update that enables the AccessPORT to datalog. Keep an eye for a firmware update (not a beta, an actual public release) in the next week or so. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Chris Haag
Sales/Tech Support
COBB Tuning
(801) 713-0035
www.cobbtuning.com

Old 11-21-2008, 04:01 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bboy, I actually had about an hour long conversation with their lead software/engineer guy their at Cobb headquarters. I initially asked him about the rumors that it would be released in about six months, and he assured me it would be less then 2. They released it for the GTR already, just had the press release. He said our ROM's are about 90% the same, and the only hold up was the fact we have like 17 different versions of ROM's for our cars. It will be released, and I'll wager it is probably done around the new year
I have had the same talks as well, AZ. They are still trying to decide how they are going to release the software to begin with and how to distribute the software. Trust me AZ, I wouldn't hold your breath especially since they might start offering custom tunes through email/phone (still not official). I have been talking to them for a couple months now specifically on the software to do custom tunes. After talking to them I understand why they are rethinking on how they plan to distribute the software. Send me a PM if you want the info I've heard because I am not allowed to post it on the forum.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:34 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

^^^ even if they release software for shops to tune, or just do long distance tunes through the data logging capabilities of the AP, people will get custom maps that are vehicle specific. Both ways work just as well. Either you go to a shop and they data log, dyno, and tune your car, or you go to a shop and use the AP yourself to data log and tune your car on the dyno. Atleast with the option to data log the car yourself with the AP, you can technically just get nutty on an empty backroad somewhere to get the data
Old 12-07-2008, 11:37 PM
561g37

hey i just ordered the ap stillen headers and high flow cats anybody have any idea of the gains ill c from these mods?
Old 12-07-2008, 11:57 PM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by 561g37
hey i just ordered the ap stillen headers and high flow cats anybody have any idea of the gains ill c from these mods?
You will see some solid gains..Good combination of goodies you got....You will definitely feel the difference throughout the whole entire powerband...Congrats on your purchase

Quick Reply: Cobb Access Port now Availible for G37...