Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Cobb Access Port now Availible for G37...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 02:42 PM
trebien

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rossab
If one produces less power than the other, than the tuner didn't maximize the tune.
Or it may be a little safer/less aggressive tune...

Nothing's free...

But the AP looks like a solid product, especially when they have specific tunes out for common mod combos...
Old 11-16-2008, 09:42 PM
peterbanks

Gary, will the AP download the stock ECU settings from my car when I first hook it up?
Old 11-17-2008, 11:00 AM
sharif@forged
Former Sponsor

The AP will save a copy of your stock ECU on the AP when you first begin the flashing process. This way, you can easily return to your stock map.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:14 AM
peterbanks

Originally Posted by sharif@forged
The AP will save a copy of your stock ECU on the AP when you first begin the flashing process. This way, you can easily return to your stock map.
Thanks sharif. I actually ordered my AP from you yesterday. Looking forward to installing it tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:36 AM
mygyott37

ok i have real question do u think someone shud get it if they are only going to have a intake??!@@!! bc i dont knw if i shud waste my money on it if it doesnt make a difference on a stock car basically... and u cant give the flasher to ur friend so he can do it too!? lol
Old 11-17-2008, 10:15 PM
trebien

Originally Posted by mygyott37
ok i have real question do u think someone shud get it if they are only going to have a intake??!@@!! bc i dont knw if i shud waste my money on it if it doesnt make a difference on a stock car basically... and u cant give the flasher to ur friend so he can do it too!? lol
I dont think u shud git the flasher no matter whut.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:50 AM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm not sure how well the AP will do with just intakes. Right now, the only maps available are all with STOCK INTAKES ONLY! This should change soon. I'd wait and see if they come with a intake only map, and what the gains look like. They should be nice gains if it's a good intake like JWT, or stillen gen. 3. My question is this,
I'm having a custom map made by Cobb for my set-up, full header back exhaust and stillen gen 3 intake. Will I be able to upload this map using the AP software on my laptop and share it with other drivers that have the same set-up??
Old 11-18-2008, 03:00 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mygyott37
It will make a difference and IMO should be the best mod for the car.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:37 AM
shabbo
Registered Member

Does anyone know that if we get a custom tune at e.g. technosquare, will the Cobb-AP be able to import all of that as a stage-X tune?

I've heard that the technosquare flash does more than the Cobb-AP flash-via-OBD-II... I'm not sure about this because a re-flash is a re-flash, isn't it?

if it were rolled back to stock are we sure that a Cobb-AP re-flash cannot be detected at the dealership and void all engine warranty ?

Either way this is great stuff...can't wait to see all the downloadable tunes!
Old 11-18-2008, 04:42 AM
561g37

newbie question i have fujita intakes gredddy exhaust if i order hfc and the ap from cobb will i get realistically noticable gains and if so i have japtrix an cobb authorized tuner could they do a custom reflash for my g?
Old 11-18-2008, 06:57 AM
willizm

Originally Posted by 561g37
newbie question i have fujita intakes gredddy exhaust if i order hfc and the ap from cobb will i get realistically noticable gains and if so i have japtrix an cobb authorized tuner could they do a custom reflash for my g?
First part of the question, Yeah, I think you will see noticable gains even though you have the fujita intakes. Cobb stresses that you should use stock air boxes, but others seem to be having success with aftermarket intakes. Use your own discrecion.

Second part, I have a cobb authorized tuner in my area as well. P&L Motorsports. They have said that they would be able to do a custom tune once Cobb gets their software out to the cobb authorized tuners. Don't know what the time frame for that will be.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:35 AM
AZg37
Premier Member

Quick update for everyone interested in everything COBB, espescially cobb AP. I've been working closely with Cobb and am going tomorrow the 19th to get a full custom tune with all my mods from a Cobb certified shop here in AZ. Keep your eyes peeled for my thread, it will include:

-Before and after gains with a custom Cobb tuned map
-Information about getting custom tuned maps via data logging, they can be done from long distance with minimal costs
-video, pics, functionality, and all other info related to the AccessPort
-my experience with cobb as a company and their customer service as a whole
-Classified info on when we can expect the custom tuning software to be available from them for custom maps straight from horses mouth

it should all be up tomorrow evening!
Old 11-19-2008, 02:02 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by AZg37
Quick update for everyone interested in everything COBB, espescially cobb AP. I've been working closely with Cobb and am going tomorrow the 19th to get a full custom tune with all my mods from a Cobb certified shop here in AZ. Keep your eyes peeled for my thread, it will include:

-Before and after gains with a custom Cobb tuned map
-Information about getting custom tuned maps via data logging, they can be done from long distance with minimal costs
-video, pics, functionality, and all other info related to the AccessPort
-my experience with cobb as a company and their customer service as a whole
-Classified info on when we can expect the custom tuning software to be available from them for custom maps straight from horses mouth

it should all be up tomorrow evening!
NICE!! I've got the popcorn ready!
Old 11-19-2008, 03:33 AM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i still dont understand how this is working. Everyone is going to have a different set up, unless cobb is going to have 1000 diff maps.

I thought you just tune it on your own, and registers your modds and thats it your good to go.

and for the newb with fugitas, just do a search fugitas are worse then stocks. only intakes that are better then stocks are injens +4hp JWT+ 8 esti and stillen 3g.

If u have fugita you will make gain ofcourse but better with stock.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:58 AM
AZg37
Premier Member

Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
i still dont understand how this is working. Everyone is going to have a different set up, unless cobb is going to have 1000 diff maps.

I thought you just tune it on your own, and registers your modds and thats it your good to go.

and for the newb with fugitas, just do a search fugitas are worse then stocks. only intakes that are better then stocks are injens +4hp JWT+ 8 esti and stillen 3g.

If u have fugita you will make gain ofcourse but better with stock.
Vinny, the Cobb accessport is like an OBDII reader you hook to your car and flash your ecu with maps. These maps change A/F ratio, timing, etc.. to gain performance. As of right now, there are 2 maps available for cars with mods. The only mods with maps already created are exhaust and HFC. Intakes are VERY tricky to create maps for on our cars, as every intake is different when tuning, not to mention there are like 17 different ROM's, or versions of ecu's for our cars. Cobb will come out with additional maps, featuring additional mods, later. They will also be releasing tuning software for all Cobb authorized shops to create custom, vehicle specific, maps. If you are rolling around with HFC, and exhaust, the Cobb AP will get you some nice gains, and later on, you'll get even better gains if you have more mods like intake and headers. I'll go into more detail in my thread tomorrow. Hope this helps answer your questions.

Quick Reply: Cobb Access Port now Availible for G37...