Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Cobb Access Port now Availible for G37...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 11:01 PM
KahnQuistador

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sharif@forged
Thanks for all orders guys.....a bunch of AP's just out to you all today. Let us know if we can help anyone else.
Ordered mine today.

Is it going to support my all Stillen setup with the provided maps? Gen 3, headers, HFC, catback?

If time permits, I might stop by your shop on my way back from Lejuene in Dec. Fair warning!

Don't forget to change that incorrect phone number on your site. Called it first and warned the owner of that number to expect calls for parts.

Last edited by KahnQuistador; 11-10-2008 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Info
Old 11-11-2008, 02:09 AM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thanks Sharif!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 02:21 AM
chamelieon

is it just me or you cant download the manual stage 1 or stage 2 maps from the support site ?

and stage 2 and stage 2+ are completely different maps right? why not name it stage 3 ??
Old 11-11-2008, 03:06 AM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So all maps are free once you purchase correct?

As of now

Stage 1 Stock Engine= 3% hp increase
Stage 2 HFC= 11% hp increase
Stage 2+ Intakes?= ?

What if intakes and HFC? is stage 2+ hfc anf intakes?

Sorry ima nubb at this
Old 11-11-2008, 03:24 AM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
Here's my problem. I was going to technosquare this Friday to drop something like $700 for a tune and reflash. Now, I can pick up the accessport for $700, but it will cost extra to take it to a cobb shop here in AZ and have a custom map built. I already have an advanced OBDII reader that does all the data logging and live read outs on my car, so those features don't mean much to me. The only advantage, for my situation, is the fact that the access port can reflash back to stock in case I run into dealership issues with warranty and such. Should I keep my appointment at technosquare, or spend extra $$$ for tuning and a custom map here in AZ??? This is a tough decision now

any input would help
Old 11-11-2008, 06:28 AM
willizm

^Yeah, I have some input for you. If you don't live in California then get the Cobb AP. If you have the means to get to technosquare then do it if it's a one time thing.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:00 AM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
^^ thanks for the input. I'm in AZ, so it's a small trip to technosqquare, maybe 61/2 hours, and I need to head to CA anyways. I have all the mods done that im gonna do, so I'll only need 1 reflash. I'm just wondering how expensive a custom mapping/tune at a Cobb shop here in AZ will cost on top of the $700 for the AP. It would be nice to return to factory settings for services. im so torn
Old 11-11-2008, 08:28 AM
F3LiX

Originally Posted by AZg37
^^ thanks for the input. I'm in AZ, so it's a small trip to technosqquare, maybe 61/2 hours, and I need to head to CA anyways. I have all the mods done that im gonna do, so I'll only need 1 reflash. I'm just wondering how expensive a custom mapping/tune at a Cobb shop here in AZ will cost on top of the $700 for the AP. It would be nice to return to factory settings for services. im so torn
Don't forget about some of the other features -- I don't know about you, but here in Chicago it's almost impossible to go to dinner or a club without having to valet your car... Being able to put the car in limp mode so the valet can't get nuts is a nice feature for me... Not to mention that I'll probably save $700 on cab fare within the first 6 months...

Some insurance companies will give you a small break if you have an anti-theft device that disables your car -- my agent says with this I qualify for that discount (check with your agent as I guess this is a big gray area for them).

I'm guessin' your ODBII reader already does the 0-60 & 1/4 times -- kind of a novelty feature for me, but still cool if you don't already have it.

And you've already mentioned the ability to return to stock for dealer visits... That was another huge selling point for me.

On the other hand a custom tune with your mods would be hard to resist...
Old 11-11-2008, 10:58 AM
GarySheehan

Originally Posted by sharif@forged
Hey Gary Sheehan, are you the guy that drivers the Subie for GST in Time Attack? Or are you a different Gary Sheehan.
The same Gary Sheehan.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:01 PM
sharif@forged
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GarySheehan
The same Gary Sheehan.
Cool! Hopefully we'll see you next season at some events. I drive the Forged Performance 350Z TT.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:17 PM
rawr

just ordered mine from forged!
Old 11-11-2008, 01:22 PM
rossab

Originally Posted by AZg37
I would contact cobb and see what they would be willing to do. You have a set of mods that are extremely popular. They might be willing to give you a break on the custom tuning because you maps would be a great addition for download.

Either way, I'd still go with the cobb... it's a lot more product for the price.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Lastchance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I live an hour away from Technosquare so I'm sticking with Tadashi until Cobb can produce more power. If you don't mind the drive, I would go Technosquare. I'm going to wait a while on Cobb to see if it will produce more power...sounds like it will.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:45 PM
rawr

i live on the other side of the US sooo no technosquare for me
Old 11-12-2008, 01:59 PM
rossab

Originally Posted by Lastchance
I live an hour away from Technosquare so I'm sticking with Tadashi until Cobb can produce more power. If you don't mind the drive, I would go Technosquare. I'm going to wait a while on Cobb to see if it will produce more power...sounds like it will.
They should both produce the same power given that the tunes flashed are equal... power really isn't the question since the tuner is going to determine the power. If one produces less power than the other, than the tuner didn't maximize the tune.

If you are completely done with modds and don't need to add anything else and never forsee going back to stock, techno will be fine for you and probably the better option if you want a custom tune.

If you are not getting a custom tune/plan to mod more/may need to go back to stock in the future, you are going to be better off with the ap.

Quick Reply: Cobb Access Port now Availible for G37...