Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Cobb Access Port now Availible for G37...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 07:45 PM
EVO-to-G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i really was thinking of picking up the accessport but it dosen't seem to add a ton of power...im not trying to bash the product in any way cause i actually want to pick one up.
But stage 2 (which is with HFC and cat-back) produced 30whp. So lets say the hfc and cat-back put down 20hp together (which i believe ppl have gotten better numbers) then that leaves 10whp from the accessport...at most. Am i right? Cobb states 11% increase in hp if you have stage 2...thats about less than 4% increase.
Again, im prob gonna pick this up cause it has pretty nice all around gains through out all rpm's but im just curious if maybe im understanding this wrong.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:05 PM
chamelieon

doesnt seem stage 1 or 2 maps can be downloaded just yet from the support page. are they included with the software in the AP box? or when will they be available for download?
Old 11-10-2008, 08:09 PM
frcefed

Originally Posted by EVO-to-G
i really was thinking of picking up the accessport but it dosen't seem to add a ton of power...im not trying to bash the product in any way cause i actually want to pick one up.
But stage 2 (which is with HFC and cat-back) produced 30whp. So lets say the hfc and cat-back put down 20hp together (which i believe ppl have gotten better numbers) then that leaves 10whp from the accessport...at most. Am i right? Cobb states 11% increase in hp if you have stage 2...thats about less than 4% increase.
Again, im prob gonna pick this up cause it has pretty nice all around gains through out all rpm's but im just curious if maybe im understanding this wrong.

I agree but this is a NA car so gains won't be crazy, but with a custom tune we should better #'s I'm going to see if I can see what some of the 350's were getting with a protune. I know it's a different engine but it might give us an idea.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:10 PM
EVO-to-G

I think i read somewhere that the accessport comes with stage 1 & 2 pre-loaded along with valet, theft protection, and stock configeration. Stage 2+ I believe they said is in the making.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:16 PM
GarySheehan

Originally Posted by shumby
A few more questions. Will this work on a Canadian car? And is the 2+ be for an intake?
Yes, the G37 AccessPORT will work on Canadian models. Stage 2+ tuning will be for high flow cats and exhaust with a specific intake or other modification that impacts airflow.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:28 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Gary... you are the man.... thanks!

Did you get me last email?
Old 11-10-2008, 08:28 PM
tfmbigdog99

Location: Where the kids are high and the grades are low. NYC
So stage 2+ will have maps for specific intakes?
Old 11-10-2008, 08:44 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GarySheehan
Yes, the G37 AccessPORT will work on Canadian models. Stage 2+ tuning will be for high flow cats and exhaust with a specific intake or other modification that impacts airflow.

thanks

just to be a PITA will it be the same for the 09 7 at or will i have to wait?
Old 11-10-2008, 09:04 PM
willizm

Gary, thanks for the answers so far. To elaborate a little more on the intake questions that are popping up with the stage 2+, can you comment on both the JWT Pop Chargers and the Stillen 3rd Gen CAI as these are 2 of the more popular intakes at the moment. I Just wanted to see if the stage 2+ was something that is recommended for these particular intakes.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Seer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Seer
is this capable of taking digital inputs from a wideband o2 sensor and comparing its readings vs commanded, and overlaying that said data to the VE, and MAF frequency tables? To perhaps show commanded vs % of error and use correction factors etc?

????
Old 11-10-2008, 09:43 PM
sharif@forged
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by willizm
Gary, thanks for the answers so far. To elaborate a little more on the intake questions that are popping up with the stage 2+, can you comment on both the JWT Pop Chargers and the Stillen 3rd Gen CAI as these are 2 of the more popular intakes at the moment. I Just wanted to see if the stage 2+ was something that is recommended for these particular intakes.
The included tunes are not specific to a particular brand of exhaust or cold air intake.

Hey Gary Sheehan, are you the guy that drivers the Subie for GST in Time Attack? Or are you a different Gary Sheehan.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:58 PM
808MIKE

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by GarySheehan
This will be out for you G35 Sedan guys.

Gary
AWESOME! Thnx for the Update Gary! you made my Day!
Old 11-10-2008, 10:19 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Great thanks for the info on map locations and firmware updates... I'll be jumping on this when I see maps for after market intakes with exhaust modifications without HFC.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:50 PM
KahnQuistador

Originally Posted by shumby
^ ya what he asked.
Ok, so when are you gonna get another one? Get your a$$ in gear or ride a bike. You were insured, right???

P.S. AccessPort arrives tomorrow.

And I'm off on V day so I can play!!!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 10:57 PM
sharif@forged
Former Sponsor

Thanks for all orders guys.....a bunch of AP's just out to you all today. Let us know if we can help anyone else.

Quick Reply: Cobb Access Port now Availible for G37...