Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Cobb Access Port now Availible for G37...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 07:08 PM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by sharif@forged
I'd like offer free before/after dynos for any customers that purchase Cobb AP's through us. This way, we can get some more data points and realistic power gains from the different maps. We did the same thing with the 350Z/G35 community, and most of those cars acheived somewhere between 10-17whp improvement. I would hope see even more, with the VQ37 VVEL.
This is what makes Forged outstanding.. Bump for Sharif
Old 11-09-2008, 10:32 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so each mapp has there listed mods on it? or can you just reset maps based on your mods? if any mods?
Old 11-09-2008, 10:56 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^ ya what he asked.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:24 AM
frcefed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know with my sti stage one was usually just a flash and stage 2 was full exhaust with or without intakes. Obviously a custom tune would be the best. Not sure of any places near Edmonton, I know of one near sylvan lake (shumby probably knows this place but I won't mention their name here)but they are never touching my car lol
Old 11-10-2008, 04:17 PM
GarySheehan

Originally Posted by willizm
Hey Max, do you know if Cobb has a process in place for us to do remote tuning. IE. send data logs to their team to make maps since most of us are not local to cobb.
At this time COBB Tuning does not offer remote tuning services based on data logs. However, if there is a lot of interest shown from potential and existing customers, I think this is something that could be put into place in a reasonable timeframe.

Originally Posted by vrquick
Do they make new maps available online that you can download to the access port
Maps are available on the website under support. The maps may go through several revisions over time. A Stage 2+ map should be available shortly.

Originally Posted by willizm
1. What is the price of the AP for release and will there be any opportunity for Cobb or a vendor to host a Groupbuy/Introduction price?
2. What maps will be released for our car and what setups are they for(IE, stock or intack, exhaust, HFC's)?
3. What is the process to obtain custom maps(locally and remote) and what devices can be used to supply necessary data?
1. Pricing is on the website. COBB does not typically participate in group buys.
2. Map information can be found on the website under Support.
3. COBB Tuning facilities can perform custom dyno tuning at this time (COBB in SLC/UT, COBB in Plano/TX and Surgeline in Portland/OR. Development is under way to enable the COBB Pro Tuning network to custom dyno tune any modification configuration. Since I cannot provide a date for this capability with 100% confidence, I will not quote one at this time. However, it will be relatively soon.

The AccessPORT will have datalog recording capability included in a firmware upgrade fairly soon.

Originally Posted by skyline370GT
how much more hp and tq are we looking at for $700
Horsepower and torque gains are shown for each map on the website under Support. A dyno graph is shown on the product page for the G37 AccessPORT.

Originally Posted by peterbanks
What is the final configuration for stage 2? HFC's, exhaust, and stock intake? The AccessPORT comes pre-loaded with both stage 1 and 2 correct?
1. The modifications for each map is shown in the Map Notes under the Support page.
2. The AccessPORT comes pre-loaded with the maps that are shown on the website for the G37; Stage 1, Stage 2, Anti-Theft, Valet and Like Stock.

Originally Posted by JDM
im a total noob for this thing, how does this thing work? do u plug it into something in your car??
Yes, the AccessPORT plugs into the OBDII port under the dash to flash the ECU. After the ECU is flashed, the AccessPORT can remain plugged in to let you monitor Live Data channels and measure Performance or can be unplugged and the upgraded map stays resident in the ECU.

Originally Posted by Oggie
There isn't a lot power gains if this only gets us 3% HP improvement.
3% HP gain is for a completely stock vehicle. 11% HP gain for a Stage 2 vehicle (high flow cats). Stage 2+ will be higher still.

Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
Definately a must have device, however it seems that what I'm really interested in at this point is vaporware with no ETA for when specific configs or the firmware updates will come... sigh. Even the Stage 1 update which appears to have been designed for stock doesn't include specific numbers or a dyno. As for programs I see Stage 1, anti theft, and valet, isn't there a fuel economy program as well? All this development time and it seems pretty sparce program wise.
Please understand that the product has just become publicly available. The Stage 2 map is available. Stage 2+ will be coming out shortly. Fuel economy will be in a firmware upgrade, which occur frequently.

Originally Posted by Webzian
So is there any way I can eff this thing up?
The AccessPORT was designed to be very simple to use. Apply the maps for your modifications and that is all.

Originally Posted by vinnyscoupe
so each map has there listed mods on it? or can you just reset maps based on your mods? if any mods?
Yes, in the Map Notes under Support on the website you can find the modifications appropriate to that map.
Maps are not modifiable outside of COBB Tuning facilities at this time.

Gary

Last edited by GarySheehan; 11-10-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:44 PM
GarySheehan

Originally Posted by 808MIKE
Now please Tell me this will be out for us G35 Sedan guy's!!? Or am I just limited to Technosquare and all the Downtime I half to suffer with it!
This will be out for you G35 Sedan guys.

Gary
Old 11-10-2008, 05:21 PM
EVO-to-G

thanks for answering all the questions...very good info.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:38 PM
oct2274

Gary FTW!
Old 11-10-2008, 06:00 PM
shumby

Gary thaks for the replies that cleared up alot of my noob questions
Old 11-10-2008, 06:07 PM
shumby

A few more questions. Will this work on a Canadian car? And is the 2+ be for an intake?
Old 11-10-2008, 06:10 PM
tfmbigdog99

Location: Where the kids are high and the grades are low. NYC
Whats with the stock intake system only?
Old 11-10-2008, 06:59 PM
IvoryG

Originally Posted by GarySheehan
The AccessPORT will have datalog recording capability included in a firmware upgrade fairly soon.

Gary
Wow. Will this dataloging be enough for us to send in for a custom tune? If you guys make this service available.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Biggie™

Okay, these were just posted on the cobb forums...

COBB Stage 1 = Just AccessPORT
COBB Stage 2 = AccessPORT and high flow cats!

Stage 1 vs. Stock:

Stage 2 vs. Stock:

Last edited by Biggie™; 11-10-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:34 PM
GarySheehan

Originally Posted by tfmbigdog99
Whats with the stock intake system only?
Different brands of intakes will cause skew the reading from the MAF and cause either a lean condition or a rich condition. Intakes will have to be tuned brand by brand.
Originally Posted by vrquick
Will this dataloging be enough for us to send in for a custom tune? If you guys make this service available.
Yes.

Last edited by GarySheehan; 11-10-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:37 PM
frcefed

Originally Posted by shumby
a few more questions. Will this work on a canadian car? And is the 2+ be for an intake?

+1...........

Quick Reply: Cobb Access Port now Availible for G37...