Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Cobb Access Port now Availible for G37...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 09:35 AM
rossab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, the ap will be paired with the car so you can't use it on any other vehicles, but there ins't any need to leave it in unless you want to use the monitoring abilities.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:47 AM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Definately a must have device, however it seems that what I'm really interested in at this point is vaporware with no ETA for when specific configs or the firmware updates will come... sigh. Even the Stage 1 update which appears to have been designed for stock doesn't include specific numbers or a dyno. As for programs I see Stage 1, anti theft, and valet, isn't there a fuel economy program as well? All this development time and it seems pretty sparce program wise.

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 11-08-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:03 PM
oct2274

FFS people.........the thing just came out. No one has seen any results and people are already whining and complaining............Be patient haha. I already said it took a while and they went through many revisions of maps for the mazdaspeed 3 before they started seeing awesome gains. If you don't want to buy one till gains are what you'd expect then wait, but don't complain about something before anyone has even done dyno's. For the person that asked about it being able to monitor a wideband sensor - I believe our car comes from the factory with wideband so that should be no issue. I know that the sensor on the factory mazdaspeed 3 is wideband as well. For all you that have high expectations, please be try to be patient and maybe list somethings you would like to see from the unit. Posting these things on the cobb forums would probably get better results btw...........
Old 11-08-2008, 12:51 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by oct2274
FFS people.........the thing just came out. No one has seen any results and people are already whining and complaining............Be patient haha. I already said it took a while and they went through many revisions of maps for the mazdaspeed 3 before they started seeing awesome gains. If you don't want to buy one till gains are what you'd expect then wait, but don't complain about something before anyone has even done dyno's. For the person that asked about it being able to monitor a wideband sensor - I believe our car comes from the factory with wideband so that should be no issue. I know that the sensor on the factory mazdaspeed 3 is wideband as well. For all you that have high expectations, please be try to be patient and maybe list somethings you would like to see from the unit. Posting these things on the cobb forums would probably get better results btw...........
As a consumer.. whining and complaining is my job so . My post still stands, I had hoped for a little more development at release. He'll it could be a year or two down the road before we see these promised upgrades, point is we have no idea. Good advice about posting on Cobbs forum as well.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Dz Nuts

Originally Posted by jrock
Got mine coming ups by late next week. Now we just need mules to test out with cobb their stillen gen 3 cai and magnaflow catback. I need the maps. cant wait.

Originally Posted by rossab
The order page on cobbs website says for American models only.... think you're out of luck for now

jrock I see you're in Van, but also noticed this other post stating American models only. (Assume you purchased in Canada)

Can you please confirm this works on our Canadian models after you have had a chance to install?

Thanks,
DN
Old 11-09-2008, 04:53 AM
jrock

I thought it was for north american vehicles just different for other continents. i have to search this up but i would of thought the guy on the phone from cobb would have said something and its possible that i can just get a map possibly. i will soon find out and see.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:59 AM
Dz Nuts

Originally Posted by jrock
I thought it was for north american vehicles just different for other continents. i have to search this up but i would of thought the guy on the phone from cobb would have said something and its possible that i can just get a map possibly. i will soon find out and see.
The rest of us Canadians will keep our fingers crossed.

This seems like it will be a solid product now and moving forward.

Let us know when you have a chance what the feedback is.

Thanks,

DN
Old 11-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Wezbian
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So is there any way I can eff this thing up? I'm worried I will put a wrong setting or something and mess the car up. If it is as simple as it sounds, I would like to get on the bandwagon on this one.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:54 PM
frcefed

Dead simple, I had the V1 on my05 sti and the V2 on my 06. Plug and play.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:14 PM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When will the stage 2 map be out, and any idea on how much power it will make?
Old 11-09-2008, 04:24 PM
EVO-to-G

Originally Posted by TomG37
yes would like to know more info also...my HFC are on the way.
What mods would make the stage 2 map?
Old 11-09-2008, 04:29 PM
sharif@forged
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SurgeLineTuning

Best regards
Tim Bailey
Lead Calibrator and General Manager
SurgeLine Tuning - A Cobb Tuning Premier Facility
503-670-9500
Thats great...now become a paid sponsor to you can advertise without other paid sponsors complaining.

Just to clear the misinformation that you posted, the Cobb Access port for the 350Z/G35/G37 are not shop or end user tunable, for the foreseable future. It's not like the units for the Subie...unfortunately. Cobb has told us, that eventually, Cobb Pro Tuners will be able to do custom tuning with the AP.

Cobb will certainly be updating, adding, and refining the tunes as time permits, but this unit is designed to be plug and play..no changes.

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 11-10-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:33 PM
sharif@forged
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TomG37
I'd like offer free before/after dynos for any customers that purchase Cobb AP's through us. This way, we can get some more data points and realistic power gains from the different maps. We did the same thing with the 350Z/G35 community, and most of those cars acheived somewhere between 10-17whp improvement. I would hope see even more, with the VQ37 VVEL.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by sharif@forged
I'd like offer free before/after dynos for any customers that purchase Cobb AP's through us. This way, we can get some more data points and realistic power gains from the different maps. We did the same thing with the 350Z/G35 community, and most of those cars acheived somewhere between 10-17whp improvement. I would hope see even more, with the VQ37 VVEL.
Nice deal... Kudos to Forged on doing this.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sharif@forged
Can't wait to see the data when people take advantage of this great deal!

Quick Reply: Cobb Access Port now Availible for G37...