Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

getting tuned at technosqaure today =]

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by chamelieon
sure would be nice if tadashi actually came on the site and explained his methods and why he chooses to leave tunes the way he does. besides we are all future clientelle, would benefit him to enlighten us.
Did you consider calling or emailing and asking him to come to this forum?
Old 11-04-2008, 09:29 AM
mikelr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Am I the only one who smells some BS here?
Sorry but theres no way you gained 42 whp from a reflash. Look closely at the two charts, they are the same exact runs with different scaling applied. The first chart with the peak hp in the 280's is the real deal.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:33 AM
Speqz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see the same thing...there is no way this thing was tuned and still have the exact same hp and tq curve from stock..... please elaborate or maybe post a clearer 2nd dyno sheet where we can see the numbers not hand written in
Old 11-05-2008, 01:23 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mikelr
Am I the only one who smells some BS here?
Sorry but theres no way you gained 42 whp from a reflash. Look closely at the two charts, they are the same exact runs with different scaling applied. The first chart with the peak hp in the 280's is the real deal.
Did he say 42 whp increase? hmm!!! I looked at the first dyno only and say 12whp increase and that was it. Didn't look at the second since it has the same dyno runs with the same file names.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:32 PM
trebien

Originally Posted by bboysteele
The dyno is alright...I don't like the loss under 2500RPMs. Tadashi should have been able to increase it across the whole RPM band but you probably would have gained as much on the top end. My guess is you wanted max power.
A tune can only do so much... it's probably more a function of the hardware mods. Free flowing = loss of torque down low, but more HP up high.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:43 PM
mikelr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did he say 42 whp increase? hmm!!! I looked at the first dyno only and say 12whp increase and that was it. Didn't look at the second since it has the same dyno runs with the same file names.
Look in his sig, he bosts 327whp
Old 11-06-2008, 01:20 AM
shabbo
Registered Member

327 whp is something like 380-390 brake HP ! with no additional cooling or engine modification...these numbers are in Porscheland
Old 11-06-2008, 01:54 AM
Speqz

hrmm looking at the 2nd dyno again maybe the op posted the same dyno twice by accident? You can see the numbers on the right hand side where it says 250 then up to what looks 300 which is no where near 327 as claimed...
Old 11-06-2008, 02:40 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by trebien
A tune can only do so much... it's probably more a function of the hardware mods. Free flowing = loss of torque down low, but more HP up high.
Not entirely true. You can reflash the ECU to get gains across the whole RPM range. You don't need to loss power on the bottom end. To get maximum power on the top end you need to loss power on the bottom end. If you don't believe me then look at the Cobb tune on NeverBoneStocks car. No loss on his but he also doesn't have some of the gains that technosquare got people but then those people also loss some on the bottom end.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:45 AM
chamelieon

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Did you consider calling or emailing and asking him to come to this forum?
guess thats on my to do list!
Old 11-06-2008, 05:53 PM
trebien

Not entirely true. You can reflash the ECU to get gains across the whole RPM range. You don't need to loss power on the bottom end. To get maximum power on the top end you need to loss power on the bottom end. If you don't believe me then look at the Cobb tune on NeverBoneStocks car. No loss on his but he also doesn't have some of the gains that technosquare got people but then those people also loss some on the bottom end.
Nope. An ecu "tune" is variable for a given rpm range. An exhaust or cat or intake is static - it doesn't change in character as RPMs change.

A tune can change parameters at any given point. A tune parameter set at 3500 rpm has absolutely NO bearing on a tune parameter at 5500 rpm, for instance. They don't limit or dictate each other's value.

In fact, that's exactly what a tune is... "tuning" the operating parameters for given rpm ranges, which are independent of each other. For instance, give X amount of fuel at 3500 rpm, then give Y amount of fuel at 5500 rpm, with X and Y being set for whatever you want, with no dependency on the other.

My point was, if a piece of hardware is causing torque loss, there is only so much that "tuning" at that rpm range can do... A free-flowing exhaust that gives high HP at the top end, tends to lose torque at the lower RPMs, due to decreased backpressure. A tune at those lower rpms can not necessarily offset all that loss of torque... the exhaust still has the decreased backpressure.

But because a "tune" caused more power at the top, has nothing to do with losing power down below, unless the tuning is bad. This is not a limitation of the tune, it's a limitation of the hardware.