Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Settings for reflash Cobb or Technosquare?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 02:43 AM
jrock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Settings for reflash Cobb or Technosquare?

I was curious as to what the settings that these reflashes are? I know they take away the rev limiter and top speed and there are adjustments made to the air fuel mix ratio. But what are the specifics to a ecu tune. Reason is that a friend of mine owns a body shop and they have a piece of equipment that can program ecu's of various vehicles. This ecu programmer costs about $4000 and he claims that he can program an ecu and also read any ses messages so saving me a trip to infiniti. I am still very interested in the cobb access port whenever that comes out but i was thinking of trying this out but i want to do my research first. any help would be much appreciated.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:10 AM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
there's no way your friends shop could reflash your ecu correctly. Tadashi at technosquare spent months figuring out, and testing tunes on our cars. We have very complex mathematics on our cars, especially with the VVEL. This isn't just some timing and fuel changes, it's complex. I wouldn't trust my electronics with anyone besides a seasoned veteran like technosquare or cobb, if cobb ever pulls their head outta their a$$ and gets us our access port
Old 10-25-2008, 01:19 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you think he can do it and you trust him then let him try. However I would go price another ECU from Infiniti just encase.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:04 AM
jrock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya you are probably right. Thinking about it again i am sure it is more difficult than it appears and i dont want to take a chance at blowing up my ecu or even worse engine. I will have to wait for cobb cause that thing looks cool for the 350z.
On a side note: Is it possible to have the car alarms system send a text message to my palm treo pda if my stock alarm gets activated by someone breaking in to my car? I know there are aftermarket alarm systems that page a small pager but thats one more thing to carry on my keychain. just a thought.