Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Cobb test mule

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm excited to see what they finally start releasing, all this talk of intakes , exhausts and directport tuning makes my mouth water. My buddy had a bunch of stuff from Cobb on his STI and the stuff is nice.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:37 PM
SurgeLineTuning

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Graham
I'm excited to see what they finally start releasing, all this talk of intakes , exhausts and directport tuning makes my mouth water. My buddy had a bunch of stuff from Cobb on his STI and the stuff is nice.
The first series of maps will work very well with:
1) a stock car with or without a cat back exhaust (stage 1)
2) stock intake, high flow catalytic converters, with or without a cat back exhaust (stage2)

I am currently working to source popular intakes or dyno data to create custom mapping (stage2+) to work with:
Intakes (JWT, Stillen, COBB, etc)
Plenum spacers
headers
etc.

All the above maps will be variants of Stage 2+ mapping that work specifically with different intakes.

Eventually Cobb will release the tuning software so your qualified AccessECU tuner will be able to create totally custom maps.

Regards
Tim Bailey
Cobb Calibrator
Old 11-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SurgeLineTuning
The first series of maps will work very well with:
1) a stock car with or without a cat back exhaust (stage 1)
2) stock intake, high flow catalytic converters, with or without a cat back exhaust (stage2)

I am currently working to source popular intakes or dyno data to create custom mapping (stage2+) to work with:
Intakes (JWT, Stillen, COBB, etc)
Plenum spacers
headers
etc.

All the above maps will be variants of Stage 2+ mapping that work specifically with different intakes.

Eventually Cobb will release the tuning software so your qualified AccessECU tuner will be able to create totally custom maps.

Regards
Tim Bailey
Cobb Calibrator
Damn.....that was a fast response time. Good to hear, still rolling stock over here, trying to fight the urge to get the Tanabe exhaust.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:49 PM
willizm

if I get an cobb ap will they be able to do the customs maps if I send them a data log? I remember someone saying you can send them a data log and their tuning people would be able to make you a custom map.

Last edited by willizm; 11-04-2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:07 PM
herrjr

Originally Posted by Graham
Damn.....that was a fast response time. Good to hear, still rolling stock over here, trying to fight the urge to get the Tanabe exhaust.
Buy mine and you won't feel as guilty lol.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:04 PM
rossab

Originally Posted by willizm
if I get an cobb ap will they be able to do the customs maps if I send them a data log? I remember someone saying you can send them a data log and their tuning people would be able to make you a custom map.

I remember reading this too. The thing that wasn't stated was whether or not there would be a charge for this service. Other tuning products that offer tunes through email usually charge near what a tuner would charge for a dyno tune. Either way, it would still probably be worth the money hp/$ wise and knowing that your car has a reliable tune.

It looks like the ap will be out soon, just like 2 months ago.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:02 AM
willizm

Originally Posted by rossab
I remember reading this too. The thing that wasn't stated was whether or not there would be a charge for this service. Other tuning products that offer tunes through email usually charge near what a tuner would charge for a dyno tune. Either way, it would still probably be worth the money hp/$ wise and knowing that your car has a reliable tune.

It looks like the ap will be out soon, just like 2 months ago.
I hope that cob releases some type of faq or process to get "remote tunes" if you get a cobb AP
Old 11-09-2008, 12:16 PM
SurgeLineTuning

Remote tuning program for G37

Originally Posted by willizm
Hey Max, do you know if Cobb has a process in place for us to do remote tuning. IE. send data logs to their team to make maps since most of us are not local to cobb.
SurgeLine Tuning will be supporting a "paid" map creation and refinement program. In other words we will do custom tuning with data logs and/or dyno sheets. This has been a very successful program for other platforms such as subaru and mazda.

For more information email sales@surgelinetuning.com or call the shop.

Also, if you purchase as accessport from SurgeLine Tuning we will custom tune the maps for free (again with data logs or dyno sheets).

To order maps or order an accessport call or email. We can ship your AccessPORT right away. We have several in stock.

Best regards
Tim Bailey
Lead Calibrator and General Manager
SurgeLine Tuning - A Cobb Tuning Premier Facility