Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Cobb test mule

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 10:34 AM
KahnQuistador

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm. I seem to recall that EVERYBODY was going orgasmic over intakes not that long ago.

Where did all those gains go?

Maybe we'll see some test results for the Stillen intakes so I can be embarrassed, too.

Will I have to replace all my mods with decals?
Old 10-06-2008, 11:45 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
i think you are the first.

dont tell me you guys expected a lot of gains from an intake..
Seems alot of people on here believe everything that a company tells them. People even go as far as to quote their websites.. Weird !!
Old 10-06-2008, 12:23 PM
KahnQuistador

Originally Posted by neverbonestock
Seems alot of people on here believe everything that a company tells them. People even go as far as to quote their websites.. Weird !!
Any chance of a Stillen comparison?
Old 10-06-2008, 07:28 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So neverbonestock, why did you take down your dyno runs?
Old 10-06-2008, 08:36 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

I was posting pics of my volks and had to delete some pics .. Im putting them back up .
Old 10-06-2008, 10:53 PM
KahnQuistador

Originally Posted by KahnQuistador
Any chance of a Stillen comparison?
Bump on this one.

I'm talking to a shop about cams, head work, stroker kit and a charger. Any input on the Stillen intakes would help.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:56 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool, I am going to send them to my tuner. Can you post a detailed plan that your tuner ran through when doing your dynos? Like when ECU resets were done and time inbetween runs? Was the JWT and stock runs done the same day? I still have major doubts about the stock run just because of the 17TQ increase there is over the JWT and that is across the whole power band. Something just doesn't add up. I am going to have my tuner do the same to see what mine puts down since we have the same mods. He is also a Cobb tuner as well so I will get him to talk to Cobb as well.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:32 AM
Hawaiian72099

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bboysteele
Cool, I am going to send them to my tuner. Can you post a detailed plan that your tuner ran through when doing your dynos? Like when ECU resets were done and time inbetween runs? Was the JWT and stock runs done the same day? I still have major doubts about the stock run just because of the 17TQ increase there is over the JWT and that is across the whole power band. Something just doesn't add up. I am going to have my tuner do the same to see what mine puts down since we have the same mods. He is also a Cobb tuner as well so I will get him to talk to Cobb as well.
Hopefully you guys figure something out so I don't have to throw my JWTs in the trash.Thanks guys!
Old 10-07-2008, 01:59 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Originally Posted by bboysteele
Im dropping the car off again tomorrow and he will have it for 2 days to tune. I will try to get the info you are requesting.. Wait a minute ... if he is a Cobb tuner have him call Tim at surgeline and get info ...
Old 10-07-2008, 02:08 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

pics

Pics ..

Last edited by NeverBoneStock; 11-11-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:20 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Also going to dyno K&N drop in filters for schits and giggles..
Old 10-07-2008, 02:38 AM
herrjr

Thanks for the info. I understand how you feel about what people are posting regarding your results, since this is somewhat similar to what I experienced when I posted my Injen dynos a while back. I'm just glad that you're getting all this testing done at no-dollar-cost to yourself, cause it sucked when I had to pay for all my own testing myself, and have douches critique me about my results lol. I appreciate you going through all this trouble, and just know that 99% of the people on this board are too cheap or unwilling to get their own dynos done, so they'd rather piggyback on other people's experiences. And if they hear about something that they'd rather not hear, then it's somehow your fault and that you did something wrong. Good luck, and thanks again.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:52 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Originally Posted by herrjr
Thanks for the info. I understand how you feel about what people are posting regarding your results, since this is somewhat similar to what I experienced when I posted my Injen dynos a while back. I'm just glad that you're getting all this testing done at no-dollar-cost to yourself, cause it sucked when I had to pay for all my own testing myself, and have douches critique me about my results lol. I appreciate you going through all this trouble, and just know that 99% of the people on this board are too cheap or unwilling to get their own dynos done, so they'd rather piggyback on other people's experiences. And if they hear about something that they'd rather not hear, then it's somehow your fault and that you did something wrong. Good luck, and thanks again.
I agree... It feels like at times im kicking these peoples in the ***** . Im just giving info as I get it .. Thanx again !!
Old 10-07-2008, 03:18 AM
eticket

Originally Posted by herrjr
..DITTO,!!!
thanks for your info and enthusiasm, NBS....
Old 10-08-2008, 10:42 AM
sredish

can't wait to hear how it turns out!!!

Quick Reply: Cobb test mule