Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Cobb test mule

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:51 AM
erasat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, I'm not bashing anybody here, I'm just stating a simple fact that Dynos should be done under same conditions (Before and after dynos on same day) it's the only way you will have similar variables, that's all. You are going Stock no matter what, you were even selling your JWT even before the dynos, now I imagine you will do it even faster, but fact is that other private dynos from members just like you and me have shown us what I have felt in may car since day 1, Gains throughout all the band, and specifically from mid-range, and that's the only thing that matters to me.

Everybody here appreciates what you are doing for us, but you MUST understand that your dynos are SOOO different than the rest of previous private dynos, that people will complain about it. There is no way I have lost a single lb of torque, not even mention 17, I have simply gain Tq and WHP since I installed mine, so if your dyno shows otherwise, so be it, I'm not here to try to convince you or anybody else about it, this doesn't bother me at all, I know what I bought, I know what I'm getting out of it, and I'm very please with it. So in a summary, it's your money and your car, so you do what you're please to do.

Originally Posted by neverbonestock
It is the same same place with same dyno and same tuner . It was actually cooler here in the great state of oregon when I did the JWT . As far as the runs ,
like I said all we are doing is finding what works best for me with my set up and we are going to roll with that and tune . These are just the findings . As far as the dyno graph I thought it would be easier for everyone just to see the comparison of the best runs . Not a whole bunch of pulls . As far as the JWT , when I did a review of it I mentioned that it felt like I lost torque and was FLAMED for that . When I did the FI catback review I also stated that it felt like I got some of that torque back .. Now that im having dyno done I actually can share my results with the community. Do you think I really want to roll around with the stock intakes .. NO ! I will, do to the showing the best gains.. Whats really sad is when there really isnt a whole lot of people doing dyno in regards to their mods on myg37.com and if one member (me) post results that arent that great in regards to peoples beloved intake (JWT) there is a huge uproar. Kinda reminds me of the old UR thread on here when people started to quote their website in regards to gains .I actually bought their set for my 350 z ,dyno and showed no gains.People were really defensive when I told them they would have no gains with that pulley. No one to this date has come through with before and after dyno . Sorry to be the ball buster on here but the stock intake once again (on my set up ) is the way to go ..

Last edited by erasat; 10-02-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:17 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by erasat
Man, I'm not bashing anybody here, I'm just stating a simple fact that Dynos should be done under same conditions (Before and after dynos on same day) it's the only way you will have similar variables, that's all. You are going Stock no matter what, you were even selling your JWT even before the dynos, now I imagine you will do it even faster, but fact is that other private dynos from members just like you and me have shown us what I have felt in may car since day 1, Gains throughout all the band, and specifically from mid-range, and that's the only thing that matters to me.

Everybody here appreciates what you are doing for us, but you MUST understand that your dynos are SOOO different than the rest of previous private dynos, that people will complain about it. There is no way I have lost a single lb of torque, not even mention 17, I have simply gain Tq and WHP since I installed mine, so if your dyno shows otherwise, so be it, I'm not here to try to convince you or anybody else about it, this doesn't bother me at all, I know what I bought, I know what I'm getting out of it, and I'm very please with it. So in a summary, it's your money and your car, so you do what you're please to do.
I was really hoping that the JWT showed strong gains and just to make it clear (im not on anyone side ) if I had to choose one I would pick Nissan.Due to the comparison of the two. Im not trying to have a debate or cause problems, just posting my results . Im really excited to see what this access port is going to show as far as gains after the tune. I really hope me posting these results help people in reagrds to mods. That is all im trying to do !
Old 10-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have no problem with that.. Alot of people do have JWT . I can ask Tim if he is ok with that. Its up to him.
Thanks, man. I'm sure they'll be cool with it. Having JWT maps will help 'em sell more units, no doubt. Once again, props for helping Cobb get their Accessport ready for the G37 crowd.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:21 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Update 3

Well not much happened today , other than the car was flashed and tuning was started.. There has been delay due to software but Tim figured it out. As far as tuning , have to continue that next week and he said it will be all done .Picking the car up tomorrow due to surgeline having a bbq this weekend. Surgeline is Tims shop.Here is the emailed dyno comparison in regards to stock and JWT intakes.. Sorry for the delay , next week should be really interesting as far as this Cobb Access port .. Ill keep you updated..

Last edited by NeverBoneStock; 10-05-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:08 AM
Skyline-LEXY

^ doesnt work..
Old 10-03-2008, 01:17 AM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Well not much happened today , other than the car was flashed and tuning was started.. There has been delay due to software but Tim figured it out. As far as tuning , have to continue that next week and he said it will be all done .Picking the car up tomorrow due to surgeline having a bbq this weekend. Surgeline is Tims shop.Here is the emailed dyno comparison in regards to stock and JWT intakes.. Sorry for the delay , next week should be really interesting as far as this Cobb Access port .. Ill keep you updated..

ouch...stock FTW....lol.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:19 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Maybe it's the possibility that the exhaust / HFC combo is just below the threshold of backpressure neceessary for performance gains without loss of TQ and the intake puts it over the edge(?). I think that the folks with gains either had just HFCs or just exhause and not both. The data is interesting nonetheless. I am sure that different combos could yeild different types of results. It wont really be apples/apples.

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 10-03-2008 at 01:21 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:36 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
Maybe it's the possibility that the exhaust / HFC combo is just below the threshold of backpressure neceessary for performance gains without loss of TQ and the intake puts it over the edge(?). I think that the folks with gains either had just HFCs or just exhause and not both. The data is interesting nonetheless. I am sure that different combos could yeild different types of results. It wont really be apples/apples.
I agree . It seems like when you have intake and really start to mod the exhaust you start to lose torque. I really believe this intake does have gains but it seems like when you combine this with exhaust mods you lose. I had the same affect on my is300 and my Z .. I never learn ..
Old 10-03-2008, 01:42 AM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Can anybody explain to me how PMS yield positive numbers with JWT HFC and FI exhaust then?

and Bboy yield positive #s with jwt and hfcs only...
Old 10-03-2008, 01:45 AM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can i be the first? JWT FAIL!
Old 10-03-2008, 07:36 AM
willizm

Many other people including max have done before and after dynos of the JWT and shown gains of 10HP ballpark on top of other mods. Max's, for example, was on top of the berk hfc's and borla exhaust and still shown gains of 10hp with the berks.

Don't jump on the "i'ma call it a fail" bandwagon because not all setups are created equal.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:41 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Still waiting for the rest of the dyno sheets....
Old 10-03-2008, 06:30 PM
DanMardik

Great thread. I appreciate you keeping us diligently posted NEVERBONESTOCK
Old 10-06-2008, 09:38 AM
willizm

le bump
Old 10-06-2008, 10:03 AM
GiGGaplease

Originally Posted by JLai
Can i be the first? JWT FAIL!
i think you are the first.

dont tell me you guys expected a lot of gains from an intake..

Quick Reply: Cobb test mule