Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Cobb test mule

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KahnQuistador

Ya gotta love it. Real data shows up and people's worlds are crushed.
Thus far, the only solid data on the site are bboy's and pms1212's dynos. I'm interested in seeing neverbonestock's stock dyno in comparison with his JWT dyno. I wonder where all the torque losses are happening?
Old 10-02-2008, 12:50 AM
KahnQuistador

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Buddy Revell
Thus far, the only solid data on the site are bboy's and pms1212's dynos. I'm interested in seeing neverbonestock's stock dyno in comparison with his JWT dyno. I wonder where all the torque losses are happening?
Perhaps the Nissan boys are smarter than we thought.

Unfortunately, it's not unusual for them to be smarter than us these days.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:52 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I want to know what is up with the 15+ Air/flow number at the beginning of the dyno. WTH is going on there?
Old 10-02-2008, 01:07 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
comparison dyno

I had to scan this into my computer and its the best I could get it ...you may want to reduce the size of the document (it is zoomed out right now).

Will post again when I get actual email sorry for crappy scanned print out !

Last edited by NeverBoneStock; 10-05-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:29 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Originally Posted by bboysteele
I want to know what is up with the 15+ Air/flow number at the beginning of the dyno. WTH is going on there?
You can call Tim at surgeline and ask him ..

Last edited by NeverBoneStock; 10-02-2008 at 02:03 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:49 AM
Buddy Revell

Originally Posted by neverbonestock
I had to scan this into my computer and its the best I could get it ...you may want to reduce the size of the document (it is zoomed out right now).
Thanks for the dyno. Wow, that's a pretty significant difference.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:17 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

I dont know if this has anything to do with it but that was the 4th and best pull . As far as the 15+Air/Flow I dont know im not a tuner.. Just a guy who wants more power....

Last edited by NeverBoneStock; 10-02-2008 at 02:48 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:43 AM
Skyline-LEXY

a lot of difference...
Old 10-02-2008, 09:44 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by neverbonestock
I dont know if this has anything to do with it but that was the 4th and best pull . As far as the 15+Air/Flow I dont know im not a tuner.. Just a guy who wants more power....
Hey neverbonestock, can you get the tuner to give you all the dyno runs? Them giving just best runs is not a good idea. All the dynos I post are the consistant numbers. The shop I go to does dynos until you put the same number down two or three times in a row to make the dyno numbers accurate. Post best runs is not good. If so I would have posted my high dyno run for my JWT and stock which I didn't. Get the rest of the of the dynos and post them if can. Again, posting the best number you got is not the way to post dyno numbers and the shop should have known this. They should have done pulls until you where getting the same numbers in a row. If that was your last pull then the shop should have keep going to see if you would have gotten more out of it. The shop should know this. Again, I am not saying your numbers are wrong but something doesn't look right with your dyno sheet and it could be they just showed the best run.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Buddy Revell

Here's a thought. If I put on JWTs, the 70+ people on the site who also have JWTs can pitch in via PayPal for my Technosquare retune ($150) so we can figure out what gains they'd get with Tadashi's tuning. it would only be $2-3 bucks per person and would be useful for the community. Yeah, it's a wacky idea, but thought I might throw that out there.

Last edited by Buddy Revell; 10-02-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:20 AM
erasat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dynos in order to be accurate, should be done in same place with same machine, same day and same conditions, just like bboysteele did, and also, just like bboysteele, run dynos until you get constant results, THEN, and only THEN you can take the results as accurate as possible.

But there is no way JWTs loose 17 lb. tq , No way.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:26 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Hey neverbonestock, can you get the tuner to give you all the dyno runs? Them giving just best runs is not a good idea. All the dynos I post are the consistant numbers. The shop I go to does dynos until you put the same number down two or three times in a row to make the dyno numbers accurate. Post best runs is not good. If so I would have posted my high dyno run for my JWT and stock which I didn't. Get the rest of the of the dynos and post them if can. Again, posting the best number you got is not the way to post dyno numbers and the shop should have known this. They should have done pulls until you where getting the same numbers in a row. If that was your last pull then the shop should have keep going to see if you would have gotten more out of it. The shop should know this. Again, I am not saying your numbers are wrong but something doesn't look right with your dyno sheet and it could be they just showed the best run.
All the runs are consistant .. They are doing alot of runs and testing the access port . For me it was easier just to have the best pull and compare the two. I didnt want all these pulls on a piece of paper when pretty much they are all the same.. I will talk to them today to see if I can get all the pulls. .That was the best pull at of all 5 due to them all pretty much being the same.

Last edited by NeverBoneStock; 10-02-2008 at 10:54 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:14 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Originally Posted by erasat
Dynos in order to be accurate, should be done in same place with same machine, same day and same conditions, just like bboysteele did, and also, just like bboysteele, run dynos until you get constant results, THEN, and only THEN you can take the results as accurate as possible.

But there is no way JWTs loose 17 lb. tq , No way.
It is the same same place with same dyno and same tuner . It was actually cooler here in the great state of oregon when I did the JWT . As far as the runs ,
like I said all we are doing is finding what works best for me with my set up and we are going to roll with that and tune . These are just the findings . As far as the dyno graph I thought it would be easier for everyone just to see the comparison of the best runs . Not a whole bunch of pulls . As far as the JWT , when I did a review of it I mentioned that it felt like I lost torque and was FLAMED for that . When I did the FI catback review I also stated that it felt like I got some of that torque back .. Now that im having dyno done I actually can share my results with the community. Do you think I really want to roll around with the stock intakes .. NO ! I will, do to the showing the best gains.. Whats really sad is when there really isnt a whole lot of people doing dyno in regards to their mods on myg37.com and if one member (me) post results that arent that great in regards to peoples beloved intake (JWT) there is a huge uproar. Kinda reminds me of the old UR thread on here when people started to quote their website in regards to gains .I actually bought their set for my 350 z ,dyno and showed no gains.People were really defensive when I told them they would have no gains with that pulley. No one to this date has come through with before and after dyno . Sorry to be the ball buster on here but the stock intake once again (on my set up ) is the way to go ..

Last edited by NeverBoneStock; 10-02-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Buddy Revell

neverbonestock,
Is it OK if you hold off on selling your JWTs, so that Cobb's tuner can make maps for both the stock boxes and the Popchargers? That way, people on this site who have JWTs, as well as those who stick with the stock airbox, will have an AccessPort map they can use. It might help Cobb sell more APs to the G37 crowd, since so many people here have JWT intakes.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:41 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Buddy Revell
neverbonestock,
Is it OK if you hold off on selling your JWTs, so that Cobb's tuner can make maps for both the stock boxes and the Popchargers? That way, people on this site who have JWTs, as well as those who stick with the stock airbox, will have an AccessPort map they can use. It might help Cobb sell more APs to the G37 crowd, since so many people here have JWT intakes.
I have no problem with that.. Alot of people do have JWT . I can ask Tim if he is ok with that. Its up to him.

Quick Reply: Cobb test mule