Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Forged Performance: VQ37 500whp+..another first!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 10:24 AM
sharif@forged
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys.

First, yes, I am pretty sure the drivetrain warranty is void now.

The Turbo Kits start at $8000 for the basic kit. The GTM setups are modular, so the TT kit, downipes option, EMS option, and fuel system options are all left to the customer to decide on. Call us if you have any questions about the kits and options.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:25 AM
sharif@forged
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rossab
I'm not saying it ins't worth it, but price is still so steep. My tree that grows money hasn't had a good season this year.

I know you don't wont to give out the exact price you charged someone for this, but could you give us an approximate for the most basic install, medium inst?
Think about it this way. G37 Coupe is $35-$40K, add $20-$25K (MAXIMUM) and you have a supercar killer, with stunning looks, and roughly 600bhp, or 500whp easily without even cracking open the motor. Not too shabby.

The basic TT kits with more simple fuel and EMS is about $15K installed and tuned. The best of the best setups are 20-25K.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
WOW! Good stuff guys! Our motors are the SHEIT!!!! Stock internals + stock compression + a TT Kit and you have yourself a GOTTDDAAMMM MONSTA PUSHING 500+hp!!!! DEEYYAAAAAAAUUMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!! Hmmmm... GTM IS just a 20 minute drive for me.... I think I might have to take a trip one of these days... Nice work Forged!
Old 09-22-2008, 12:10 PM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Forged Performance is the best.........;...
Old 09-22-2008, 12:26 PM
maxipad96

I saw this car last thurs when I was at the Nalley Infiniti dealer... had no idea what was under the hood though. Very nice! Where is the owner located?
Old 09-22-2008, 12:26 PM
madmikeg37
Banned

SICK. If anyone at Forgewd performance is looking to mod another 37, I volenteer.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jks toy!
Forged Performance is the best.........;...
You should come out and visit the shop! That would be a fun road trip.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:26 PM
tfmbigdog99

Location: Where the kids are high and the grades are low. NYC
I'm not really a fan of dyno's.. I like to see 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times. Have any?

Seriously interested in doing this.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:16 PM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by Staples
This is about the 4th build I've read about, and still haven't heard of one detonation (knock on wood). The rods are very thick and I can't believe a car with 11:1 compression could handle this much boost reliably, ESPECIALLY with a 7500rpm rev limit.

just a couple of points:

1. Most tuners or builders don't go about stating how many occurrences of detonation they had during tuning or after builds. As more and more people have builds done, I can guarantee there will be egg heads who boost higher than they should in extreme conditions. We WILL inevitably see some BOOMS before long. Also, how many people do you think will post that they blew up their 40K+ car engine and 15K build?!

2. I don't care how thick, forged or designed your rods and pistons are. Detonate for a period of time and your blowing a hole in your pistons, throwing rod bearings or breaking ring lands. Eggheads seem to think that if you have forged eagle rods or pistons that they don't have to worry about detonation.

3. IMHO one major factor with reliability is time. I want to see that aforementioned setups can reliably make those numbers with boost over X period of time, without severe accelerated degradation. Almost any car can be made to handle FI, but question is for how long.

BTW, none of this is directed to you, just that your post made me want to clarify.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:23 PM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by sharif@forged
Thanks for the comments guys.

First, yes, I am pretty sure the drivetrain warranty is void now.

The Turbo Kits start at $8000 for the basic kit. The GTM setups are modular, so the TT kit, downipes option, EMS option, and fuel system options are all left to the customer to decide on. Call us if you have any questions about the kits and options.
Sharif

What is lag with these turbos? Are these kits custom made or are they stock Garret turbos that just need some reclocking? Any particulars would be great!
Old 09-22-2008, 03:31 PM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack
You should come out and visit the shop! That would be a fun road trip.
I would love to do that BLACKJACK... Maybe when I go back east and visit my family I might have to make a slight detour... HA HA HA
Old 09-22-2008, 03:31 PM
sharif@forged
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dillyyo
just a couple of points:

1. Most tuners or builders don't go about stating how many occurrences of detonation they had during tuning or after builds. As more and more people have builds done, I can guarantee there will be egg heads who boost higher than they should in extreme conditions. We WILL inevitably see some BOOMS before long. Also, how many people do you think will post that they blew up their 40K+ car engine and 15K build?!

2. I don't care how thick, forged or designed your rods and pistons are. Detonate for a period of time and your blowing a hole in your pistons, throwing rod bearings or breaking ring lands. Eggheads seem to think that if you have forged eagle rods or pistons that they don't have to worry about detonation.

3. IMHO one major factor with reliability is time. I want to see that aforementioned setups can reliably make those numbers with boost over X period of time, without severe accelerated degradation. Almost any car can be made to handle FI, but question is for how long.

BTW, none of this is directed to you, just that your post made me want to clarify.
I think he meant that he hasnt heard of engines "blowing up", rather than instances of actual knock/detonation.

The older gen VQ35 has proven uber-reliable at 400whp when properly set and TUNED. We've done hundreds of them without issue. Tuning is arguably the most important factor in engine longevity. With the stronger rods, pistons, and engine block structure of the VQ35HR and VVEL, we feel that 500whp is the "new" 400whp. IMHO, this engine isn't stressed at all at 500whp.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:34 PM
sharif@forged
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dillyyo
Sharif

What is lag with these turbos? Are these kits custom made or are they stock Garret turbos that just need some reclocking? Any particulars would be great!
Lag is very subtle. With a nice broad powerband, you can feel the power and trq improvement everywhere, without any real sensation of waiting for the boost to kick in. The turbochargers themselves are Garrett GT30's that are speced by GTM. But the turbocharger is just one small piece of the kit. It's a really PITA to put a one-off turbosystem on this type of engine configuration, so the kits really make the job a lot more straightforward.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:38 PM
tfmbigdog99

Location: Where the kids are high and the grades are low. NYC
I'm not really a fan of dyno's.. I like to see 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times. Have any?

Old 09-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Ryan@Forged
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tfmbigdog99

As of now we do not. We just completed the install and tuning on this car and since it is a customers car we have not taken it out to see what it is capable of. Im sure it wont be too long until times of some sort are put up.

Quick Reply: Forged Performance: VQ37 500whp+..another first!