Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

My Dyno numbers for all my mods....

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 03:08 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by TerribleONE453
did you not read what AZ just posted..? tuners?
Terrible , if im reading this right the smilies are in regards to my comment about two tuners . Isnt the person that is standing in front of the computer , has the power to make or ruin your day while your tires just got done spinning on a dyno called a tuner . Even if they do not tune your car and just give you dyno numbers usually that person is a tuner Trust me I want max hp too some mods work great some ok and some just dont work .

Last edited by NeverBoneStock; 09-04-2008 at 03:12 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:27 AM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
I think the smiles are also due to the fact that the only dyno performed on a different machine/location/shop/tuner was my second. The base dyno with no mods was done on dyno "a" at location "a". Dyno "b" and location "B" were the second dyno run of my Stillen cat-back. All remaining dynos were performed on dyno "a" and location "a" just like the base run. That means the dyno of my full exhaust showed a gain of 25hp over my base run, and both were done on the same dyno, same location, same "tuner". this also goes for the pulley dyno, showing 5hp, and the JWT dyno showing 7hp. This fact also holds true for the total hp gain of 37hp, because the base dyno and the final dyno of 301 were performed on the same dyno, same location, same "tuner." Can we please clear this up once and for all?? There isn't any factors, or variables, or catches here. Granted it wasn't a "perfect" scenario seeing as I didn't have my base dyno and all other dynos performed at the same time/day. But to dispute a 5hp gain because of this is foolish IMO.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:54 AM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AZ, I don't think neverbonestock's gonna be convinced until he sees the other dyno runs you're talking about with his own eyes.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:24 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh wow... NICE!!!

Guys RE AZs replies very slowly until you 100% understand what he is saying...

and dont worry bboysteeleyourboyfriend is doing a dyno soon... we will see what he pulls...
Old 09-04-2008, 10:19 AM
rossab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The different dyno's are really a non-issue if you are just trying to analyze power from the pulley. As long as the dyno run was done on the same dyno for what is technically the base run for the pulley (dyno with full exhaust after the ecu caught up which = 289 HP) and the actual pull with the pulley (dyno after pulley with 294 HP) than numbers will be usable.

Who knows if they're perfectly accurate just because some variables would undoubtably have changed between dynos (ambient/humidity etc.), but I doubt these things alone could account for 6 hp unless their were drastically different conditions between.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:37 AM
wireboltman

Those are excellent numbers and well documented, in my opinion.

Did you do any 0-60 or 1/4 mile times during the process?

Threads like this might be put somewhere as a "sticky" or something.

A handy reference showing the money spent and the gains that resulted.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:48 AM
rossab

btw, where did you get the stillen headers from? I'm looking for a good price
Old 09-04-2008, 11:03 AM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
modding 411 section ^^

great numbers.. get the reflash
Old 09-04-2008, 12:24 PM
sharif@forged
Former Sponsor

Sorry..I guess I missed all the the dyno charts. I only saw two posted....one from a DynoDynamics, and one from a DynoJet.

Good results.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:40 PM
skaterbasist

Doesn't really mean much unless you dyno it again on the same machine. Yes, we already know you stated your peak numbers over the stock baseline on the same dyno. But I'd also like to know what the powerband looks like compared to stock.

Either way, great numbers.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Doesn't really mean much unless you dyno it again on the same machine. Yes, we already know you stated your peak numbers over the stock baseline on the same dyno. But I'd also like to know what the powerband looks like compared to stock.

Either way, great numbers.

If i'm not mistaken, he did... From what i understand, he did a total of 4 runs... Of those 4 runs, run numbers 1,3, and 4 were performed on the same dyno, while #2 (and only #2) was performed on a different one... So therefore his baseline and his final run (run #4) were both performed on the same dyno...

BTW, nice gains AZ... Time for a reflash!
Old 09-04-2008, 01:04 PM
skaterbasist

Originally Posted by gamedog
If i'm not mistaken, he did... From what i understand, he did a total of 4 runs... Of those 4 runs, run numbers 1,3, and 4 were performed on the same dyno, while #2 (and only #2) was performed on a different one... So therefore his baseline and his final run (run #4) were both performed on the same dyno...

BTW, nice gains AZ... Time for a reflash!
That's exactly what I said. But if he did, then where's the overlay of his stock baseline vs modified (on the same dyno)?

That would help out alot. It's not always about peak numbers, but also about how much average HP/TQ was gained throughout the powerband.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:17 PM
rossab

^^^ we atleast need a scan of the final dyno, if a chart with the base (dyno 1) and the final (dyno 4) together isn't available.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Lastchance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for postin up that info AZg37. You are going to drive out of the Technosquare parking lot with a huuuge smile on your face after all those mods....
Old 09-04-2008, 02:18 PM
chucky

oop's

AZ, must of had a senior moment but got it right in the title. I can't believe all the skepticism and arm chair coaching about the pulley. It's pure phyicis, anyone who wants to enlghten themselves go to this site. http://www.physicsnews1.com/question_15.html AZ I'm still wondering about the "CF" interior?

Last edited by chucky; 09-04-2008 at 02:29 PM.

Quick Reply: My Dyno numbers for all my mods....