Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Infiniti F'd my Oil Change up!!! What now???

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 11:35 PM
willizm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Infiniti F'd my Oil Change up!!! What now???

So I have reached 4K miles on my G. I call up Infiniti of Orland Park(IL) to have them do a first service on my Car. I bring it in today and they do their oil/filter change, inspect the car, and wash it for me. I get it home and park it in the Garage. Later that night after being at friends house I open up the garage to see this.

I want to rip someones head off. I'm not to mechanically inclined, but come on, I've done a crap load of oil changes before. Make sure the damn oil plug is tight and filter is tight. I didn't crawl under my car to see exactly what it is, but my guess is that its the plug or the filter is not tight.

What should I do and what should I expect Infiniti to do for me?
I'm definitily calling them tomorrow, but as for the inconvienence, oil spill, and gas money to run my car back out to them with half the amount of oil in the engine, what could I get as compensation.

What type of idiot F's up an Oil Change?
Old 08-29-2008, 11:40 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You know what to do Willizm. Call the dealership first and see what they will do. If not satisfactory then call Infiniti corporate.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:42 PM
jdm_inspire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ Call customer service, file a complaint. You've taken pictures as evidence. Have the dealer tow your car from your place to the dealership and have them fix this ASAP. I would demand them to refund your money and have them correct what they did. After that, take your business elsewhere.

I'm not sure what else to recommend at this point besides NEVER going to that dealership again. Your best thing is to post this info to the local Infiniti boards and warn them about your experience.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck!
Old 08-29-2008, 11:42 PM
willizm

This is just aggravating as I'm flying out for work every week for the next 4 months, so the only day I can get this thing to the dealer is on Fridays unless they can do something for me on the weekend.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:02 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Call Infiniti Roadside and have them come tow your car to the dealer. Find out who did the oil change and request it not be serviced by that individual this time around.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:03 AM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
tell them to drive a flatbed over to your place and pick up your car. that is just ridonkulous.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:07 AM
TomG37

+1, but wait untill morning to call infiniti roadside because they will store it at a tow yard untill the dealer is open.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:10 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
No they will take it directly to the dealer and leave it. Had my Audi towed a dozen times even to a dealer across the state.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:17 AM
chain492

did they forget to scrape off the old oil ring? it sometimes get stuck and when you put a new one over it it leaks or even worse the oil filter comes off and lemons your engine
Old 08-30-2008, 12:18 AM
GiGGaplease

just be lucky it had enough oil or else it would go kaboom.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:32 AM
TomG37

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
No they will take it directly to the dealer and leave it. Had my Audi towed a dozen times even to a dealer across the state.
I had to have my G35 towed 2 times by Infiniti roadside and both times they had my car sit in the tow yard untill the dealer opened, and that is what the service rep from Infiniti said, not the tow company.

Also to the OP, did you check your oil level? how much did you leak?
Old 08-30-2008, 12:45 AM
G-ThirtySe7en

Tell the dealer to have the guy who f*d up the job to come to your home and clean your driveway!!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 01:08 AM
tenfour

damn dude...that totally sucks. especially when you're gonna be busy for the next 4 months. have them pick the car up and redo the job asap.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:32 AM
willizm

Originally Posted by tenfour
damn dude...that totally sucks. especially when you're gonna be busy for the next 4 months. have them pick the car up and redo the job asap.
Thanks guys for all the info. I just remembered that since this week is a holiday I'm actually not going to get home till late on Friday. Infiniti better step up and take care of this.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:45 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Damn, that sucks man. I had my first oil change 2 weeks ago and I triple checked for any leaking after. We can never be too trusting of other people's "great job" nowaday. I wonder what the dealer would've done if your VQ went KAPUT because of this. Keep us posted on what compensation you get. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Infiniti F'd my Oil Change up!!! What now???