Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Infiniti F'd my Oil Change up!!! What now???

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 10:14 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just had my oil changed at Fields on Wednesday and checked my garage for the drips as this has happened to me so many times with other dealers I have lost count. It Pisses me off when this simple stuff happens that you wonder what the other 25 point inspections are for. I think the first of the 25 point inspection should be to CHECK THE DAMN OIL PLUG.!!

Have 'em tow it.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:01 PM
phm14

Could've been worse...

At least they put oil in it. Oil changes are usually done by the least qualified person on hand. I have a buddy who's a master tech at a Toyota dealer-told me one of their flunkies started up and drove off in a new Tundra V8 without putting any oil in it. If it were my car, the 1st thing I would find out is how low the oil was. I prefer to do my own oil changes-saves time and headaches. Seems like more often than not something gets messed up. One time I picked up a camry from a dealer and a few miles down the road I felt something wasn't right so I pulled over and popped the hood. The water pump belt was hanging there uninstalled, and there was a ding in the hood where they shut it on the cordless impact that was still sitting in the engine compartment. I could go on...even though I rarely ever take my vehicles in for work. Are OCs free for a while on new Infinities, and do they require scheduled maintenance be done at the dealer?
Old 08-30-2008, 02:05 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Not free, some dealers will throw in a few or many oil changes but that is totally optional. You're not "required" to do anything @ the dealer even if it's a lease. Again, most dealers will throw in a maintenance package on a lease to make sure the car is somewhat maintained.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:50 PM
G37RacerX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same thing happened to me recently. Went to a Nissan dealer for a 30 dollar oil change. Didn't notice until after first parking in the garage at home (I back it in) then going to the gym & after coming out of the gym and backing up, I then noticed... I checked the level and was down about 1/2 quart. Called the dealership to let them know I was on the way . It was a loose drain plug. Had them steam clean the underside of the car (it needed it). I negotiated one free oil change and one tank of gas. I ran the tank low the next day and it cost them 80 bucks at the height of the recent gas prices...

I'd much rather have just paid for and received one oil change with no f*ck ups on the side please.

(tell 'em you are going to need them to come to your house and clean up the oil there too = more bargaining power)
Old 08-30-2008, 04:45 PM
silver g

THat's pretty weak for a dealer. That's the kind of thing I would expect from a Walmart oil change. Sorry to hear that.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:10 PM
J.Oh

Originally Posted by silver g
THat's pretty weak for a dealer. That's the kind of thing I would expect from a Walmart oil change. Sorry to hear that.
no im pretty sure walmart oil changes are better and cheaper then that
Old 08-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Dieseldoug22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I took my car to the dealer for the first oil change. A couple days later I was working under the car and noticed a 2 foot diameter ring of oil on the plastic undercover. That is not as bad as yours but there is NO reason to have oil spilled on that cover. The next time they called to schedule an appointment I told them to "F OFF". Literally
Old 08-31-2008, 12:55 PM
chamelieon

the big question is how much oil do you have left in the motor now? whos to say you didnt spill almost all of it while driving around that bit of spilled oil isnt the last bit you had in the motor.. that would suck *****!
Old 09-02-2008, 10:26 AM
g37s0608

Wow, I though this was a rare occurence. This happened to me awhile back I bought a brand new Trans Am 96 the day I brought it in for its 1st oil change the dealer drained it and forgot to put new oil in it. Stupid trusting me I didn't even check the oil levels. The engine ceased on me as I turned and left the dealer.

They had to re-build the engine and the car was never the same again.

Since then I always check the oil levels right after an oil change as well as my driveway for signs of dealeer incompetence

You'd think when they charge $50 for an oil change they'd do a bang up job and then some but...
Old 09-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Achilles

My question is why are people taking their cars to the dealership for oil changes????

HOpe they take care of ur car bro! Keep us updated!
Old 09-02-2008, 02:05 PM
nosocoeckodoz

Ok I've changed my oil once, how do I change the oil and filter when I hit 3750?
Old 09-02-2008, 03:17 PM
1BADV6

Hey, that dealership is smart. They reused your old copper washer and saved an amazing 96 cents. Just think, some lucky lot tech gets a bonus this year thanks to you.

Sorry, have to make a little light of it. By the looks of it, they left on the old washer or just didn't put one on. A lot of the people here are being/have been to gentle. I'd not negotiate any more oil changes, as I wouldn't trust them. Instead I'd shoot for free gas, an independent oil analysis, and that technician's head on a stake. Remind them that there are other Infiniti dealerships, and you'll have no problem going somewhere else next time.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:11 AM
nosocoeckodoz

Ok, so I am going to take my g37s to a Nissan Dealership... I moved to a new area and the infinity dealership is a good 50 miles away. Do you think this is a good idea? Im new to the business of buying luxury cars. this is my first and I am no auto mechanic, I work in the IT biz!
Old 09-03-2008, 11:23 AM
1BADV6

I'm in IT and do my own oil changes
Old 09-03-2008, 12:09 PM
mitssn

Maybe it's just the way it looks int he pic, but doesnt that oil look really dirty for being just changed?

Quick Reply: Infiniti F'd my Oil Change up!!! What now???