Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Stillen Crank Pulley

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Schnooner and AZ, thanks for getting this product dynoed. Looking forward to seeing the results.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:50 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SchoonerVanHlmt
I received my Stillen Crank Pulley (UR Pulley-OEM size) yesterday and will install Saturday morning. I'm getting a dyno prior to the install, then 2 afterwards at Engine Logics in Houston, TX. I won't be able post results until Monday or Tuesday of next week. By the way, it was great meeting everyone at the G35/G37 meet on the 23rd, and hope we can have another meet in the next few months.
When you dyno make sure the dyno measures the time it takes to get up to Max RPM for both before and after. This is where you should see the increase.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:23 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
oh man ben... your the ****! hahahha
Old 08-27-2008, 10:24 PM
sredish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea, he's talking about the "Time vs. Speed" chart. It should automatically pull this info, the dyno operator will simply click an option to print this option as well. As said, this will probably be where the most noticeable differences will be with a mod like this.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:41 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by AZg37
I was just showing you what UR says their pulleys do, I'm not bullsh!tting you guys with my claims because I read I should be faster, my car is faster!! and revs quicker!! If YOU remember the dynos showed hp gains for injens, just not the amount promised. Did I say I gained what UR claims??? NO!! I said I feel that I gained hp, the amount is unkown until Friday. Until then you WILL remain an idiot, and the resident D-Bag for your comments and lack of common sense. "When it comes to a lighter pulley it does not increase horsepower or allow you to rev quicker. All your doing is making your car lighter " That comment earns you a Gold in the Special Olympics
Now calm down Az to the g ... they make pads for that bleeding ! The reason for my comments is that on my 06 350z I bought the whole ur kit . Also had it dynoed and guess what ???? It did not rev quicker and there was no hp increase . Now moving forward there is a member on my 350.com with a hr engine .. Now , Now I know there not the same being the only difference is that the g37 has a bored out engine and vvtel so how possibly could they both be sooooooo different ?? guess what his results are ? The same thing !! Nothing !!!
Old 08-28-2008, 12:49 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Originally Posted by neverbonestock
Now calm down Az to the g ... they make pads for that bleeding ! The reason for my comments is that on my 06 350z I bought the whole ur kit . Also had it dynoed and guess what ???? It did not rev quicker and there was no hp increase . Now moving forward there is a member on my 350.com with a hr engine .. Now , Now I know there not the same being the only difference is that the g37 has a bored out engine and vvtel so how possibly could they both be sooooooo different ?? guess what his results are ? The same thing !! Nothing !!!
Well we will soon find out. I will be getting the UR pulley soon and be doing a same day before and after dyno with timing then everyone can shut up about this. The truth will soon be known.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:58 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Originally Posted by bboysteele
Well we will soon find out. I will be getting the UR pulley soon and be doing a same day before and after dyno with timing then everyone can shut up about this. The truth will soon be known.
bboysteele , when you say with timing are you having your g tuned with a ems ??
Old 08-28-2008, 01:22 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Originally Posted by neverbonestock
bboysteele , when you say with timing are you having your g tuned with a ems ??
No, I mean the time it take the G to get up to max RPM. Here is my JWT intake with the time value shown as an example:

Name:  JWT_timing-1.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  205.0 KB

If the Cobb AP comes out in the next week or two then I will be using that to fix the throttle control and other things.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:35 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Gotcha !
Old 08-28-2008, 09:06 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
great... Im glad now 3 people are doing this dyno... I will bow out of this and save my dyno money for the next questable mod... w00t
Old 08-28-2008, 09:43 AM
sredish

I really want a pulley now, thanks everyone!!!

Just noticed on Stillen's site, they're showing a lightweight flywheel now to, which would have the same effect as that pulley change but probably on a little larger scale.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:45 AM
erasat

Have you checked the JWT flywheel that they have available for quite some time now, and I'm sure that Andy at HPAuto can get for you?

I prefer JWT's over Stillen's anyday. Remember, JWT just work and dedicate time and reasearch to get best Nissan parts you can find, sometimes even better than OEM according to some people that have tried them.

Originally Posted by sredish
I really want a pulley now, thanks everyone!!!

Just noticed on Stillen's site, they're showing a lightweight flywheel now to, which would have the same effect as that pulley change but probably on a little larger scale.

Last edited by erasat; 08-28-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:55 PM
sredish

I guess I missed that JWT flywheel, I'd do that any day over anything Stillen.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:02 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
HPautoworks has the JWT combo on a short intro sale.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:12 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

If you do the flywheel, you might as well do the clutch at the same time.

Quick Reply: Stillen Crank Pulley