Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Stillen Crank Pulley

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 09:16 AM
sredish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neverbonestock
When it comes to a lighter pulley it does not increase horsepower or allow you to rev quicker . All your doing is making your car lighter .
Wrong. Your removing parasitic loss directly on the drivetrain / crank assembly of the motor. Believe it or not, 7 pounds difference can be a pretty big deal when your considering the effort to spin that. Sure, your not adding horsepower, but what you are doing is allowing more horsepower downstream rather than get sucked up into spinning that dead weight.

In some of our race motors, there are measurable differences when you remove littler 10 to 12 ounces, let alone 7 pounds.

EDIT: And no, the 350z's do not have VVEL (Variable Valve Event & Lift)

Last edited by sredish; 08-27-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:23 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
Yea this is soooo Not accurate... DO you really think a company is going to produce millions of pulley just because buyers like to drop 7 lbs off there car? No...
If thats the case... Ill start charging 250 bucks for a bite of my chit. One nibble off a Turd and you will throw up... therefor losing wieght... hence your car has lost a few lbs... I can even sponsor a few guys who are willing to lose a lil weight for speed Yea thats gross... but its true... a less disgusting way would be laxatives... but dont tell anyone ... it will hurt my sales

I puked just reading that.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:24 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack

I puked just reading that.
That will be 250 bucks please...
Old 08-27-2008, 10:15 AM
rossab

^^^ Haha
Old 08-27-2008, 11:21 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
Yea this is soooo Not accurate... DO you really think a company is going to produce millions of pulley just because buyers like to drop 7 lbs off there car? No...
If thats the case... Ill start charging 250 bucks for a bite of my chit. One nibble off a Turd and you will throw up... therefor losing wieght... hence your car has lost a few lbs... I can even sponsor a few guys who are willing to lose a lil weight for speed Yea thats gross... but its true... a less disgusting way would be laxatives... but dont tell anyone ... it will hurt my sales
Im sure injen has sold millions of intakes but we all no now that their hp arent up to their claims .... Has everyone forgotten that ??
Old 08-27-2008, 11:30 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Im sure injen has sold millions of intakes but we all no now that their hp arent up to their claims .... Has everyone forgotten that ??
alot of injens make power on other cars... trust me... I have NOT forgotten the INJEN BS...lol
Old 08-27-2008, 11:31 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by AZg37
Neverbonestock, if you read my posts you would see I am dynoing, the appointment is for friday, I'm not just reviewing from my butt dyno, it was my initial review before actual numbers. As far revving faster with the pulley, it does, you're an idiot if you think it doesn't. The amount of time it takes my 5AT to go through the rpm's and hit it's shift point has been cut down. I'm hitting second and third gear quicker with the pulley. As far as HP gains, here is how it works. From UR:

100% of the power gains from the stock diameter pulleys comes only from weight reduction versus the factory crank pulley. The reduced weight allows for more power transfer to the drive wheels. Weight reduction is how we are able to increase Horsepower. Each pound of weight removed from the crankshaft is worth approximately 2.7HP and the gains jump even more dramatically with forced induction, nitrous and variable valve timing.

Our engines have VVEL, I don't believe 350z's have VVEL, but i might be wrong. I know VVEL played a big role in all the drama with aftermarket intakes. as far as I'm concerned, we'll see whats up on friday, and I'm sure i'll be correct
Your funny !'' If thats what they say than by golly im goin faster ''! Isnt there threads on here with dynos in regards to injens bogus claims ?? Um whos the IDIOT ???
Old 08-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Either way, it's hard to draw any conclusions until G37 peeps dyno their cars with lightened crank pulleys. I've seen lightened crank pulley dynos on other engines that support both sides of the argument.

Lightened crank pulley showed HP gains on a dyno:
http://www.vividracing.com/forums/pr...8-wrx-car.html
http://www.importtuner.com/tech/powe...nk_pulley.html
http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248211

Lightened crank pulley showed no HP increase on a dyno:
http://my350z.com/forum/vq35hr/38144...ml#post6224647
http://www.g35driver.com/forums/revi...ht-pulley.html

Last edited by Buddy Revell; 08-27-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:38 PM
sredish

we use lightened flywheels and pulleys in certain applications. not for hp gains but because of often-times, how much more responsive the motor can be, how much quicker it can build revs and works well in a high rpm revving motor thats used in a sport/race type application.

for instance, coming out of a corner and whomping the throttle, theres the potential it can be rev up faster, accelerating quicker out of that corner and more responsive through the corner.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:08 PM
SchoonerVanHlmt

I received my Stillen Crank Pulley (UR Pulley-OEM size) yesterday and will install Saturday morning. I'm getting a dyno prior to the install, then 2 afterwards at Engine Logics in Houston, TX. I won't be able post results until Monday or Tuesday of next week. By the way, it was great meeting everyone at the G35/G37 meet on the 23rd, and hope we can have another meet in the next few months.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:22 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Originally Posted by SchoonerVanHlmt
I received my Stillen Crank Pulley (UR Pulley-OEM size) yesterday and will install Saturday morning. I'm getting a dyno prior to the install, then 2 afterwards at Engine Logics in Houston, TX. I won't be able post results until Monday or Tuesday of next week. By the way, it was great meeting everyone at the G35/G37 meet on the 23rd, and hope we can have another meet in the next few months.
Awesome... Thanks!
Old 08-27-2008, 04:00 PM
rossab

I'm curious as to what the dyno will say. like buddy showed, I've seen evidence for both sides. It will be nice to see something g37 specific.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:26 PM
DanMardik

Originally Posted by SchoonerVanHlmt
Ah, the wait.. .aaahh!!
Old 08-27-2008, 06:33 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
Your funny !'' If thats what they say than by golly im goin faster ''! Isnt there threads on here with dynos in regards to injens bogus claims ?? Um whos the IDIOT ???
I was just showing you what UR says their pulleys do, I'm not bullsh!tting you guys with my claims because I read I should be faster, my car is faster!! and revs quicker!! If YOU remember the dynos showed hp gains for injens, just not the amount promised. Did I say I gained what UR claims??? NO!! I said I feel that I gained hp, the amount is unkown until Friday. Until then you WILL remain an idiot, and the resident D-Bag for your comments and lack of common sense. "When it comes to a lighter pulley it does not increase horsepower or allow you to rev quicker. All your doing is making your car lighter " That comment earns you a Gold in the Special Olympics
Old 08-27-2008, 06:39 PM
DanMardik

Originally Posted by AZg37
I was just showing you what UR says their pulleys do, I'm not bullsh!tting you guys with my claims because I read I should be faster, my car is faster!! and revs quicker!! If YOU remember the dynos showed hp gains for injens, just not the amount promised. Did I say I gained what UR claims??? NO!! I said I feel that I gained hp, the amount is unkown until Friday. Until then you WILL remain an idiot, and the resident D-Bag for your comments and lack of common sense. "When it comes to a lighter pulley it does not increase horsepower or allow you to rev quicker. All your doing is making your car lighter " That comment earns you a Gold in the Special Olympics
You just flamed the crap out of him.

Quick Reply: Stillen Crank Pulley