Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Anyone got any feed back re: Pulstar pulse plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 06:41 AM
RadMav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone got any feed back re: Pulstar pulse plugs?

I picked up a mag. today and ran across an add for pulse plugs, recognized the logo from a display in Autozone. Interesting, ad. Is it legit or bogus? They have a bunch of PDF.'s of writeups from different mags like Modified and such. They're expensive but for a 10 whp boost they might be the cheapest power bump available. They have a test that was run on a G35 that shows an average HP boost of about 5.2WHP and a peak of 10HP.

(Modified March 2008) http://www.pulstarplug.com/pdf/DSport_March2008.pdf

Just wondering if anyone has tried them?
Old 07-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Lastchance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I checked about a month ago, they didn't have them for the G37 yet.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:10 PM
JaySpeed
Banned

I ordered them and tried to put them in, but they do not fit. I tried numerous times to get them on the phone and help me, but all i got was that i needed to tear apart my intakes again and give them the part# from my spark plugs so that they can give me the right ones. I stated you sell spark plugs, so shouldn't you know what you should be selling. They replied again the same thing. Over and over again they asked for my part#. Every spark plug has a different part#, so i just said to give me my money back.

Another time i called and talked to someone and they said that they would have them pull the info for the G37 off the website until they get further info. They said it would be a while, because they just tasked from BMW to start providing plugs for their cars.

I did get a new set of plugs for my other vehicle (2003), but i have not "YET" gotten my money back for the ones that i sent back. We will see.

later,
Old 07-19-2008, 01:43 AM
RadMav

Did you see any performance differance on your 2003 vehicle?
Old 07-19-2008, 11:02 AM
JaySpeed
Banned

I have not installed them yet, i am going to try and do that tomorrow!

I will also install tanabe's on my G.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:49 PM
jb5674

Originally Posted by JaySpeed
I have not installed them yet, i am going to try and do that tomorrow!

I will also install tanabe's on my G.
PLEASE DONT!! - you will do more harm than good. I read these threads as I am in the midst of moddin my pops' ride. A 37s 6mt - soon to be one of 2 G's in the US with 20" Volk SF-Winnings. There will be a S-tech springs, a camber kit, as well as a custom made CAI for more flow. Exhaust and "tune" will come once the tune is released. I am a member in the euro community and read a lot. There are a lot of class action suites again this company due to false calims, ect. The plugs are a gimmic, and they cause CEL's. There is even a reported instance where a car has failed, completely. I need to fidn the post but its on www.vwvortex.com in the "car lounge" section. Its been talked about a lot. IF you want more power, switch to AmsOil. Proven on a dyno and the best oil on the market. I dotn buy into gimmics and I've modd'd car my whole life. Please think before you ruin your lovely and much respected car.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:34 PM
notalk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jb5674
PLEASE DONT!! - you will do more harm than good. I read these threads as I am in the midst of moddin my pops' ride. A 37s 6mt - soon to be one of 2 G's in the US with 20" Volk SF-Winnings. There will be a S-tech springs, a camber kit, as well as a custom made CAI for more flow. Exhaust and "tune" will come once the tune is released. I am a member in the euro community and read a lot. There are a lot of class action suites again this company due to false calims, ect. The plugs are a gimmic, and they cause CEL's. There is even a reported instance where a car has failed, completely. I need to fidn the post but its on www.vwvortex.com in the "car lounge" section. Its been talked about a lot. IF you want more power, switch to AmsOil. Proven on a dyno and the best oil on the market. I dotn buy into gimmics and I've modd'd car my whole life. Please think before you ruin your lovely and much respected car.
I have not been able to find a single lawsuit against the makers of Pulstar. I am not saying they work or they don't. I am saying no one has sued them, and no one is publicly investigating them, and no manufacturer has reported problems or failures from their use. I have not been able to find your instance where a car failed from their use.