Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Installed Stillen Grounding Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 01:26 PM
sorphin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In looking at the instructions.. I can't isolate the 'H' ground location on a G37.. the picture shows a G35 from the looks of it.. can someone that has done this on a G37 help me out here? Plus someone said there were 11 ground points.. i only count 9..

thanks
Old 06-25-2008, 01:39 PM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
That someone was actually me, the originator of this thread. I was going off memory which in my case isn't very good. There are actually 9 grounding points. As for the instructions, are you looking at the ones posted on Stillen's website? There's a huge color pic of the H point on there.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:48 PM
kyle@stillen
Former Sponsor

WOW...I have received a few emails about the splitters but I didn't realize there was so much demand for them haha...Let me see what I can do for the splitters.

In regards to the instructions, we have them for both the new 350Z and the G37...Are you sure you're looking at the right set of instructions?
Old 06-25-2008, 02:51 PM
sorphin

Originally Posted by kyle@stillen
WOW...I have received a few emails about the splitters but I didn't realize there was so much demand for them haha...Let me see what I can do for the splitters.

In regards to the instructions, we have them for both the new 350Z and the G37...Are you sure you're looking at the right set of instructions?
Yes, i'm looking at the the one that mentions the 08 G37.. The picture that has the H there, looks nothing like my G does though, around the H area.. So that's why i can't tell where you bolted to..
Old 06-25-2008, 03:03 PM
maxipad96

I'm all about the splitter at a discount as well.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:09 PM
kyle@stillen
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sorphin
Yes, i'm looking at the the one that mentions the 08 G37.. The picture that has the H there, looks nothing like my G does though, around the H area.. So that's why i can't tell where you bolted to..
That's weird. Those instructions were done using the Red Momo G37 you see on our website...

My suggestion would be to locate the bolt in between the intake pipe and the a/c line. This particular grounding point is going to the chassis so it should be a greenish/black bolt going straight to a part of the chassis...
Old 06-25-2008, 07:00 PM
SOLISIMO

SPLITTER
Old 06-25-2008, 09:23 PM
ajantics

SPLITTER?????
Old 06-25-2008, 09:25 PM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by ajantics
SPLITTER?????
Read the post , there are many people that are wanting the Stillen splitter and Kyle is thinking of doing a group buy
Old 06-25-2008, 09:38 PM
sorphin

That's weird. Those instructions were done using the Red Momo G37 you see on our website...

My suggestion would be to locate the bolt in between the intake pipe and the a/c line. This particular grounding point is going to the chassis so it should be a greenish/black bolt going straight to a part of the chassis...
I've attached a picture I just took of where it looks like you're talking about near my A/C lines and the intake.. there's a bracket there.. but no bolt in it..
Attached Thumbnails Installed Stillen Grounding Kit-p1010121.jpg  
Old 06-25-2008, 09:57 PM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

I've attached a picture I just took of where it looks like you're talking about near my A/C lines and the intake.. there's a bracket there.. but no bolt in it..
Yours doesn't have a bolt?? Mine did...does.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I have an installation question Kyle. What purpose do the C-D, G-H, and H-I cables serve???

C-D runs from the engine block to the engine block, G-H is engine block to chassis but is just duplicating the same function as E-F on the driver's side, and H-I runs from chassis to chassis. I can understand having an engine block to chassis ground on each side of the motor (B-C and E-F), but why would you ground the motor to itself and the chassis to itself?
Old 06-25-2008, 11:06 PM
sorphin

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I have an installation question Kyle. What purpose do the C-D, G-H, and H-I cables serve???

C-D runs from the engine block to the engine block, G-H is engine block to chassis but is just duplicating the same function as E-F on the driver's side, and H-I runs from chassis to chassis. I can understand having an engine block to chassis ground on each side of the motor (B-C and E-F), but why would you ground the motor to itself and the chassis to itself?
That's basically duplicating what Infiniti already did too, except they used one big wire, then 2 little wires right next to it.. my guess is.. bad engineering (but I'm an EE, so i'm biased).. lol Anyone know what size bolt that is that I'm missing, that i'm assuming is the one that i'm supposed to bolt to?
Old 06-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
That's basically duplicating what Infiniti already did too, except they used one big wire, then 2 little wires right next to it.. my guess is.. bad engineering (but I'm an EE, so i'm biased).. lol Anyone know what size bolt that is that I'm missing, that i'm assuming is the one that i'm supposed to bolt to?
I understand that the whole point of the grounding wires is to duplicate what Infiniti did (or should have done) with larger appropriate gauge wiring. But I don't see any block to block or chassis to chassis connections on the car stock. Did I miss them? What's the point, it accomplishes nothing?
Old 06-25-2008, 11:57 PM
sorphin

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I understand that the whole point of the grounding wires is to duplicate what Infiniti did (or should have done) with larger appropriate gauge wiring. But I don't see any block to block or chassis to chassis connections on the car stock. Did I miss them? What's the point, it accomplishes nothing?
My only guess is because copper conducts better than aluminum, they're essentially being strategic on where they're providing the grounds (the aftermarket stuff).. i.e. trying work around those 20 awg grounds, other than that i'm not sure.. What would be a good thing to provide a better ground to is the TCU.. if i knew an easy way to get to it

Quick Reply: Installed Stillen Grounding Kit