Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Cobb tuning needs help from someone in the Salt Lake City Area

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 12:44 PM
oct2274

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobb tuning needs help from someone in the Salt Lake City Area

Cobb tuning is working on a access port for our cars!

If you don't know what the access port is or does go to their website at cobbtuning.com. Here is a link to the G35 access port:

http://cobbtuning.com/products/?id=3687

Here is the link were they are requesting help:

http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/sho...755#post533755

I'm very interested in this product and I'm sure many others are as well. It is much more then just a generic flash like the technosquare. The technosquare flash results can vary because every car performs differently and needs to be tuned slightly differently to get the same results. Unless of course you take your car to them, the tune won't be perfect for your car. If you do any mods after you get their flash the performance will be effected and you would either have to send the computer back to technosquare to be reflashed for the new mod, or take your car to them and they only have one location as far as I know. With the access port you can take it to anyone and have them tune it specifically for your car. Anytime you add a new mod you just take your car in and have it retuned at your local tuner. It also allows you to flash back to 100% stock yourself which could be good if you were taking it in for warranty work. There are many other advantages to the access port over a flash as well. Read up!
Old 05-22-2008, 01:25 PM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bboy get on this!!
Old 05-22-2008, 01:33 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
yea BBOY WHERE YOU AT?!?!
Old 05-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by oct2274
Cobb tuning is working on a access port for our cars!

If you don't know what the access port is or does go to their website at cobbtuning.com. Here is a link to the G35 access port:

http://cobbtuning.com/products/?id=3687

Here is the link were they are requesting help:

http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/sho...755#post533755

I'm very interested in this product and I'm sure many others are as well. It is much more then just a generic flash like the technosquare. The technosquare flash results can vary because every car performs differently and needs to be tuned slightly differently to get the same results. Unless of course you take your car to them, the tune won't be perfect for your car. If you do any mods after you get their flash the performance will be effected and you would either have to send the computer back to technosquare to be reflashed for the new mod, or take your car to them and they only have one location as far as I know. With the access port you can take it to anyone and have them tune it specifically for your car. Anytime you add a new mod you just take your car in and have it retuned at your local tuner. It also allows you to flash back to 100% stock yourself which could be good if you were taking it in for warranty work. There are many other advantages to the access port over a flash as well. Read up!

I know they are currently working on one. Im not sure when it will be available but they just finished the G35.

I wish it is done now... i love access port we have for our evo. Harman Motive tuned our evo, loaded both 91octane and 100 octane maps on the access port. Now, we can switch whenever we want.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:24 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is in Utah, right?
Old 05-22-2008, 02:25 PM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah but you're the closest of us all so DOOO ITTTTT hahahaha
Old 05-22-2008, 02:30 PM
$teveNG37
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pleaseeeeeee do this i hope it doesn't take too long =/ this would be the $hit
Old 05-22-2008, 02:35 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Someone needs to get me info such as how long they need it and such. I am still working with SPC on the front control arms but they said they won't have it ready to fit on the car for probably a month. I will be driving thru Utah from Vegas on my trip I am starting tomorrow so if they only need it for a day I can stop by and hang out. If longer then I need some info. If you guys can help get the info it would be nice. I need to go to work soon plus still pack so I will not have that much time right now.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
Someone needs to get me info such as how long they need it and such. I am still working with SPC on the front control arms but they said they won't have it ready to fit on the car for probably a month. I will be driving thru Utah from Vegas on my trip I am starting tomorrow so if they only need it for a day I can stop by and hang out. If longer then I need some info. If you guys can help get the info it would be nice. I need to go to work soon plus still pack so I will not have that much time right now.
You should call them directly. 801 713-0035. I would think they would need it longer than a day but who knows. I know for sure they craked the ecu for GT-R already. I spoke to them earlier and they can't give me a time frame on when the G37 will be ready
Old 05-22-2008, 05:07 PM
frcefed

Yeah for sure. I used the Accessport for both my STi's and loved it!!! Cobb's customer service is top notch!!
Old 05-23-2008, 08:14 AM
weave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bboysteele

Reading the post, Joe just needs a copy of your ROM.

Quote from Joe

"Thanks, we have a shop G37 S here but I killed it . I flashed a bad rom to it and I need to harvest a good rom.

I just need to sit with the car for a few hours and dump the rom. I promise I will not kill anyone else's G37, thats what ours is for, and that's why it's dead."
Old 05-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Dade

I keep hearing great reviews about this product, hopefully someone can step up and help out Cobb, who knows maybe the person who helps can get a free or discounted acces port.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:21 PM
sharif@forged
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dade
I keep hearing great reviews about this product, hopefully someone can step up and help out Cobb, who knows maybe the person who helps can get a free or discounted acces port.
+1...Cobb will treat your car with the utmost respect, and I am sure they will toss in a free Cobb AP, to whomever can offer up a test vehicle.

Call and ask for Scott. The Cobb AP's are wildely popular in the Subaru world , and are catching on with the 350Z/G35 commmunity as well.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:30 AM
Po37

I just bought an '08 G37 6MTs with Nav+Premium. If I can be of some help let me know, I live in Salt Lake City, I work at Tim Dahle Nissan of Sandy. Give me a call if you need anything, (801)859-7183.

www.myspace.com/ipityfools

Jason
Old 06-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Dade

Jason,
Please call Cobb at 801.713.0035 and talk to them about how you guys can hook up. Calling them is a sure way to let them know... just in case they don't read your post. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Cobb tuning needs help from someone in the Salt Lake City Area