Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Cobb tuning needs help from someone in the Salt Lake City Area

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 10:14 AM
rossab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think it will be ready either... we would have heard more about it if they were releasing it in september. They should do a poll on the forums, we'll each guess a date, closes person wins a premier membership... I'm guessing November 17.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:01 PM
rawr

i emailed cobb once again and i got this..basically the dude is re-assuring me that he is positive about the early sept. release date:
We are still on schedule for our G37 release date. There were many business and technical reasons why the GT-R AccessPORT was released first, but I won't bore you with the details. The key thing to keep in mind is for us to release an AccessPORT for a vehicle, such as the GT-R, later 350Z, or newest G35/G37, we have to support all the various versions. Just to release for the G35/G37 in the US only, we have to support 20 different ECU types. For the GT-R, worldwide thus far, we have 2.

First week of September and we should have all the G35/G37 and HR 350Zs taken care of. ;-)

Trey
Old 08-25-2008, 05:26 PM
rossab

guess we'll see here in a couple of weeks... the next question is, should we all hold out on buying it in hopes that it will quicken the process of them developing custom tunes? or should we all buy them and email them everyday in hopes that it will quicken the process of them developing the custom tunes?
Old 08-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check this out: http://my350z.com/forum/vq35hr/38170...ng-people.html
Old 08-27-2008, 04:21 PM
randomdj

Originally Posted by rossab
guess we'll see here in a couple of weeks... the next question is, should we all hold out on buying it in hopes that it will quicken the process of them developing custom tunes? or should we all buy them and email them everyday in hopes that it will quicken the process of them developing the custom tunes?
buy the ap if you want a to optimize the performance of your car for the various stages that cobb defines...

if nobody buys the product, then it's hard for any company (not just Cobb) to justify releasing software that's dependent on the product... hence the stalls in releasing tuning software for the Evos...

Development of the tuning software is on a parallel timeline with the AP, it just takes longer to develop the software...
Old 08-27-2008, 07:37 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by randomdj
buy the ap if you want a to optimize the performance of your car for the various stages that cobb defines...

if nobody buys the product, then it's hard for any company (not just Cobb) to justify releasing software that's dependent on the product... hence the stalls in releasing tuning software for the Evos...

Development of the tuning software is on a parallel timeline with the AP, it just takes longer to develop the software...
Well the thing is that the ECU in the EVO can be tuned with free software that is available on the net. The reason to buy an AP is not that great when you can have a shop make a custom tune for free. The shop I go to remaps stock ECUs on EVO and STI cars all the time but have no way to tune a G or 350Z.