Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

New clutch and lightweight flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 10:57 AM
ten94skyline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ lucky you.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:03 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
post the part #s on the box's. i sell both parts i can tell exactly what they are for and price if i have the part number...
Old 05-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Dade

So...Is there a happy ending to this story or what? Does anyone know if this car is running?
Old 05-27-2008, 01:59 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ten94skyline
^^^ yeah, kinda lol. my car was sitting outside of the shop and friday night somebody came and ****ed with a few of the cars. mine got the worst of it. a gunshot went through the drivers side window, exited the passenger side window and hit the widshield of the civic parked beside it. he/they got in and dumped everything out of my glovebox and console. didnt steal anything though. seat is scratched pretty bad as well as the passenger side door panel.
holy s h i t your s h i t literally got shot up...what is wrong with these LA gangsters? I thought getting keyed was vicious enough..People really randomly use real guns and bullets to shoot at cars belonging to people they dont know. thats just plain bizarre and evil. sorry to hear that man. sounds like you're not too pissed though, just another day in sunny LA i suppose.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:32 PM
rparamount

i dont think it is made for the g37. from my understanding the transmission has to match the clutch and the clutch has to match the flywheel. from engine to flywheel there is not a lot that has to match. but i dont know anything about how all that works so dont quote me. i hope there is a difference in the drivability. Jason, who is doing all the work on it said i should notice a big difference given the fact that the new flywheel is a lot lighter. he said throttle response should improve greatly. but evryone ive asked about a lightweight flywheel has said it works great but it will be a lot louder when the clutch isnt depressed. that could be problematic for some of us because our flywheels are already so loud.
Hi folks, I have some experience with this. I modified my 2003 Altima 3.5 SE 5 speed with a JWT stage 2 clutch and lightened flywheel. The clutch and flywheel do have to match and you will notice quite a bit of difference. Also when you start the car it almost sounds like it's grinding but it's not, it's just a different sound due to the flywheel.

Anyways, once I upgraded to it, it made a world of difference. The best way to explain it is that the car just hooked up better when switching gears, and the revs were smooth and quick. At least that's what it felt like. In the end the dyno tells the story, and when I got my dyno done it sure was obvious there was a difference. Check my sig for the mods on my old alty before I sold it for the g37.

I can definitely recommend JWT, they stand behind their parts and they make great stuff. I auto-x'd my car here in the local auto-x club on the track and those parts are bullet proof.

If you are ever thinking of doing this mod to you car, I can definitely recommend it. It is extremely worthwhile.

Hope this helps.

-Cheers, RP
Old 06-08-2008, 04:37 PM
nestle_!9

damn ! seems that your car was shot with a f*****g shotgun!
Old 06-08-2008, 08:41 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

I put the parts that JWT gave me that are suppose to be for the G37 in the Modding411 section under Engine upgrades. I am waiting for a part number and a little more info on how to order from them. The total cost for both parts was just around $900.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:26 PM
ten94skyline

clutch and flywheel are a success, when i mentioned the transmission being the problem a few weeks ago i was wrong. i broke an axel. dunno how, but i did. the car is now back at infiniti and is getting the help it needs lol. i should have it back soon. sorry about the part numbers, havent been able to get them. but after i get the car back it will have an exedy stage 1 clutch, JWT lightweight flywheel, sony x-plod 12 in lightweight box, eclipse 1000w amp, 6000k bulbs, fujita short ram intake, black lugs, uv purple interior lights, uv purple puddle lights mounted under mirror, custom exhaust with 4.5" tips, and a few other things. i will keep posting progress
Old 06-16-2008, 08:35 PM
UNV-IT46

clutch and flywheel are a success, when i mentioned the transmission being the problem a few weeks ago i was wrong. i broke an axel. dunno how, but i did. the car is now back at infiniti and is getting the help it needs lol. i should have it back soon. sorry about the part numbers, havent been able to get them. but after i get the car back it will have an exedy stage 1 clutch, JWT lightweight flywheel, sony x-plod 12 in lightweight box, eclipse 1000w amp, 6000k bulbs, fujita short ram intake, black lugs, uv purple interior lights, uv purple puddle lights mounted under mirror, custom exhaust with 4.5" tips, and a few other things. i will keep posting progress
do you not have the boxes? or the number of the people you bought them from? the parts numbers will be on the boxes. and the company you bought them from will have the parts numbers. If you cant get part numbers i have to call a big BS. its not that hard
Old 06-16-2008, 08:38 PM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
do you not have the boxes? or the number of the people you bought them from? the parts numbers will be on the boxes. and the company you bought them from will have the parts numbers. If you cant get part numbers i have to call a big BS. its not that hard

Custom exhaust with 4.5" tips I call bullDOMO too
Old 06-17-2008, 12:47 AM
ten94skyline

i have a box. blank. no numbers. i will go to the place that i had all of the stuff installed soon and get the numbers. ive been too busy with my new ride to bother. 08 E350 with the AMG and panorama sunroof packages. the mufflers i got are nismo knock offs and are too big so i will cut the tips off and have straight pipe instead of mufflers. thinking of having it all painted black, but not sure...
Attached Thumbnails New clutch and lightweight flywheel-img_0397.jpg   New clutch and lightweight flywheel-img_0399.jpg  
Old 12-10-2008, 01:34 AM
AvosG37

is flywheel for only stick shift?
Old 12-10-2008, 09:26 AM
mikelr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AvosG37
is flywheel for only stick shift?
Yes, this would be for a manual transmission only.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:13 AM
DanMardik

so the Exedy Stage 1 G35 kit works with the G37?