Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

For those of you who already have done a SYNTHETIC oil change....

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 12:11 AM
sharif@forged
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack
Sharif... Can you give us some information on the Eneos Synthetic that you have at the shop as well? Dylan mentioned it was cheaper than Motul but that you all thought it was likely comparable to the Motul. What do you think?
Eneos is the #1 oil in Japan. They started exporting to the USA last year. We havent done any Blackstone tests on the oil yet, but the feedback we have seen is very good. It also comes in more varieties than Motul, and several different viscosities and price points. For the extreme use engines, with forced induction, their 0-50 weight oil looks very promising.

The 5/40 Eneos that I would use in your car, is a tad more expensive than Motul 8100. If you want to give it a shot, and maybe we can send your oil off to Blackstone....let me know.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:26 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by sharif@forged
Eneos is the #1 oil in Japan. They started exporting to the USA last year. We havent done any Blackstone tests on the oil yet, but the feedback we have seen is very good. It also comes in more varieties than Motul, and several different viscosities and price points. For the extreme use engines, with forced induction, their 0-50 weight oil looks very promising.

The 5/40 Eneos that I would use in your car, is a tad more expensive than Motul 8100. If you want to give it a shot, and maybe we can send your oil off to Blackstone....let me know.
Sure... I'm up for putting it to the test. I'm due for an oil change in about 2k which with my driving shouldn't be long. We'll definitely hook up the Eneos and try it out. PM me the qt price or case price for the 5/40.

Does Eneos or Motul have a filter line as well?

Last edited by Blackjack; 05-11-2008 at 03:00 PM.