Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Cobb access port

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 07:43 AM
peterbanks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sredish
what... tell me more... if you can sell it to me, PM me.
Don't get excited. The G35 Access Port is only for 03 - 06 cars, not your 08. Sorry, looks like your stuck waiting like the rest of us.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wonder if Superchips will come out with anything for our car? They make a reflash-capable unit similar to Cobb's Accessport: http://www.superchips.com/whats_new....ew_item_key=19
Old 08-08-2008, 10:11 AM
sredish

peter, yea I was aware, although I was thinking ampd may have heard something that we hadn't. But alas, they are thinking it's available when it's only for the 03-06 cars....

The G37 and 07+ G35 ECUs are pretty much identical... as well as many parts of the car and motor. So, when the Cobb AP comes out for one, it should be available for both.
Attached Thumbnails Cobb access port-cobb.jpg  

Last edited by sredish; 08-08-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:26 AM
sredish

Originally Posted by Buddy Revell
I wonder if Superchips will come out with anything for our car? They make a reflash-capable unit similar to Cobb's Accessport: http://www.superchips.com/whats_new....ew_item_key=19
In my experience with diesel and turbo tuning, the superchips unit is generally a basic universal type mild tune without really any custom abilities. it's good for probably 75% of the people but us peeps on the forums always want more and the Cobb AP is going to offer more.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:37 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
So I got a response from Joe at Cobb on their forum. It looks like the AP will be released this quarter but no custom software yet so shops will not be able to create custom maps for your car/mods. They are no where close to getting the software done it sounds like. Another year at least but most likely two to three.

And maps designed for mods on our car looks like that will be a good wait as well. I wonder if there is another system similar to the Cobb AP but that is actually out and can be customized to your mods. Anyone know?
so what are they goin to release this quarter? basic stuff like exhausts and intakes...maybe HFCs?
Old 08-08-2008, 11:08 AM
sredish

I did hear from UpRev that they'd have the Osiris ready to use on our cars in a couple months and that had to be 4 weeks ago. We all need to start calling and emailing UpRev about their fully customizable Osiris tuning...

UpRev
Austin, TX 78758
512-538-4856
info@uprev.com

Originally Posted by Osiris
http://www.uprev.com/products/osiris_NI.html

Osiris ROM Loader Features

Easy installation - Install Osiris software CD to a PC/Laptop and connect the interface cable to the OBDII diagnostic port. No installation or wiring done on the vehicle!

Map Switching - Map Switching technology is also included with Osiris and requires no addition hardware (vehicle must have cruise control).Using the vehicle’s cruise control buttons, you can toggle between your preselected maps. We build your tune to include a minimum of 3 different maps to be stored on the ECU(US market). Additional map storage is dependent on model and model years. Daily driver, Drag, Track, Economy, or Valet at your fingertips.

Base Maps for 91 or 93 Octane- We work with you to select the best tuning maps from our library for your vehicle. With the large selection of after-market hardware and wide variety of Nissan models available, there are many variables that affect your tune. We work with you to find the best tune we have for your vehicle. If you change mods in the future, no problem, we'll do it again at no cost

* Top Speed Limiter
* Rev Limiter
* Idle RPM
* Target AFR
* Ignition Timing
* Electronic Throttle Control

Cipher Diagnostic Software - Data-log engine vitals directly from the ECU before and after tuning.

* Data-logging - Record and save ECU data; sample rates of 20/sec with 16 sensors.
* Real-time sensor display - Monitor data in real time
* Analytical charting - Analyze recorded data with ease.
* Diagnostic Codes - Retrieve and clear the DTCs.

As far as customization from out of state or afar, you can email your Cipher diagnostics to them, they'll analyze and adjust the tunes based off how the data looks to help try and obtain more power. They can email them back to you then you upload into the ECU via your laptop. If I remember right, pricing was in the $600 range.

Last edited by sredish; 08-08-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:29 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
so what are they goin to release this quarter? basic stuff like exhausts and intakes...maybe HFCs?
Are you talking about maps, Max? If so, from what it sounds like to me the maps will be designed around stock components to start out with. It should be able to be used on non-stock cars but it won't take advantage of the mods we have. That is why the custom software is important because then you take your AP to a shop that is certified and they build you a custom map for your car based on your needs. Kinda like going to technosquare and doing an ECU reflash with tuning. The AP is suppose to be cool because you can go back to stock plus you can have maps for different situations such as a track map that gives you the most gains or a gas map you can us on trips that will decrease your acceleration but give you an increase in gas mileage.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:01 AM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
Are you talking about maps, Max? If so, from what it sounds like to me the maps will be designed around stock components to start out with. It should be able to be used on non-stock cars but it won't take advantage of the mods we have. That is why the custom software is important because then you take your AP to a shop that is certified and they build you a custom map for your car based on your needs. Kinda like going to technosquare and doing an ECU reflash with tuning. The AP is suppose to be cool because you can go back to stock plus you can have maps for different situations such as a track map that gives you the most gains or a gas map you can us on trips that will decrease your acceleration but give you an increase in gas mileage.
True, when I had the AP for my Speed 3, they sent you a stock map and you were able to download maps that were related to their aftermarket products (intake, exhaust, ect). Also with the Mazda they can view your ECU writing dates, which means if you upload a map to your ECU and go back to stock it will state the date you made the change. Of course the G37 could be a little bit different, but most dealerships look over that anyways.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:55 PM
rawr

woowww i want some power..why don't any of the companies care about our cars?
Old 08-10-2008, 06:19 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
^^ They do, it's just hard to get decent power unless you go FI.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:23 PM
rawr

i meant things such as ecu tuners and reflashes but yeah i guess they do such as my hfc's and intakes. however, a stock 2002 e46 m3 will still takes us down from a roll
Old 08-10-2008, 06:24 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
I beg to differ about your E46 M3 roll...
Old 08-10-2008, 08:03 PM

I emailed Uprev a few days ago. They said they will have something out for the '08s by the end of summer.

Yes we're looking forward to having 08 support starting at the end of summer. We'll be working through the end of the year to support all the 08 vehicles. Please check back with our website as we'll be doing some major updates shortly!

Rich-

Originally Posted by sredish
I did hear from UpRev that they'd have the Osiris ready to use on our cars in a couple months and that had to be 4 weeks ago. We all need to start calling and emailing UpRev about their fully customizable Osiris tuning...

UpRev
Austin, TX 78758
512-538-4856
info@uprev.com

As far as customization from out of state or afar, you can email your Cipher diagnostics to them, they'll analyze and adjust the tunes based off how the data looks to help try and obtain more power. They can email them back to you then you upload into the ECU via your laptop. If I remember right, pricing was in the $600 range.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:13 PM
sredish

Originally Posted by 31337
I emailed Uprev a few days ago. They said they will have something out for the '08s by the end of summer.

Yea, that's awesome. I think this could be a really nice option... especially for me as it's so close. If I was anywhere near Technosquare, I'd be all over that but just not sure of getting a proper tune by mail order.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:48 PM
rawr

so i emailed cobb and this is what i got

Thank you for the email. We are presently on schedule for a first week of September release date. We will be updating our website shortly with this information. We'll also be posting official dyno results on or just before the release date. We've been able to get surprisingly good gains from the HR motors, and in particular the 3.7L G37. I hope fellow G37 owners will be pleased. I personally drive our G37 at every opportunity I get and absolutely love the improvements in what I thought was already a fantastic driving car.

Thanks,
Trey Cobb.

Quick Reply: Cobb access port