Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Cobb access port

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ampdG37
JOE informed me today that the AP for the g37 is near finished. I will be sending some datalogged files to him so they can finished the stage 1 and 2 maps for our cars. He's going to send me a BETA sample to test out asap so we can test them out and in return send him data logged info of the AFR, TROTTLE POSSITION, IGNITION TIMING, AND other data that can help speed the process for the AP release.

I'll keep everyone updated
Props for helping Cobb get the AP ready.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:28 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ampdG37
JOE informed me today that the AP for the g37 is near finished. I will be sending some datalogged files to him so they can finished the stage 1 and 2 maps for our cars. He's going to send me a BETA sample to test out asap so we can test them out and in return send him data logged info of the AFR, TROTTLE POSSITION, IGNITION TIMING, AND other data that can help speed the process for the AP release.

I'll keep everyone updated
FAIL on Cobbs part. I've sent them two emails last week and this week and have yet to get a response. Nothing at all! I've gotten responses before within a day but now nothing.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:00 AM
rossab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the race is on? I think I'd still go with the cobb. I've used it before and like it.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:10 PM
oct2274

Originally Posted by bboysteele
FAIL on Cobbs part. I've sent them two emails last week and this week and have yet to get a response. Nothing at all! I've gotten responses before within a day but now nothing.
How is that a fail lol. Do you have some agreement with them where they email you back? I personally believe that even though they might want to respond to every single email they get, and I'm sure they get a crap ton, that they can't because they are actually working on the product. This is a first year car and I'm glad they have got as much work done as they have.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:41 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I know one of there staff guys no longer works with them ... i had talked to him some... maybe there understaffed right now?
Old 09-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Hawaiian72099

Originally Posted by rossab
the race is on? I think I'd still go with the cobb. I've used it before and like it.
Yea if that other one comes out before Cobb's I'll still wait. My friends with WRXs say it is extremely easy to use. Plus from what I read on this thread, I can get a Dashawk or some other kind of datat logger and send the data to them for a customized map. Money set aside just waiting for it to come out like everyone else.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I understand your frustration J but SEMA is around the corner and they are trying to get as much products done to be released. Im sure they are just busy. Joe told me they are very busy at the moment
Old 09-11-2008, 10:26 PM
rossab

I really can't fault cobb on not taking the time to personally answer all the emails they get on a product that isn't on the market nor been officially announced.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:01 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Email for Cobb finally. Doesn't look good. I kept the sig for the person off this post. Hey Lou, you need to get them some data out there soon and anyone who is close to Utah needs to take their G to their shop:

Jeremy,

We are making some good progress, but we are still probably looking at 1 - 2 months before the 07-08 G35/G37 AccessPORT is available. Keep an eye on our website. If you haven't seen anything in a month or so, check back and get an update.

Last edited by bboysteele; 09-12-2008 at 02:03 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:40 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Actually , there is a cobb tuner in portland that I made a appt with for this . On my 350z.com in the H.R. section they needed a g37 or 350z with a H.R. for tunning and I am suppose to have this done. The tuner finally got in contact with me and has been the biggest flake ever since.. With service or actually lack of I can see why its taking so long... My experience with cobb so far is a FAIL !!!
Old 09-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Buddy Revell

Originally Posted by neverbonestock
Actually , there is a cobb tuner in portland that I made a appt with for this . On my 350z.com in the H.R. section they needed a g37 or 350z with a H.R. for tunning and I am suppose to have this done. The tuner finally got in contact with me and has been the biggest flake ever since.. With service or actually lack of I can see why its taking so long... My experience with cobb so far is a FAIL !!!
That sucks. I thought that they would've gotten you into their shop by now. Here's the thread neverbonestock's talking about: http://my350z.com/forum/vq35hr/38170...-people-2.html
Old 09-12-2008, 12:46 PM
UpRev

Originally Posted by neverbonestock
I'm not going to defend Cobb if they were involved with failing to respond to you. I do know they were looking for testers though, and they probably were working with a shop in that area, as they are located in Utah near very few customers. What happened that would make there be an issue with them testing on your car who knows. But sometimes a wrench gets thrown into the works and things get held up. I'd contact Cobb and let them know what you've gone through.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:41 PM
sredish

Originally Posted by UpRev
I'm not going to defend Cobb if they were involved with failing to respond to you. I do know they were looking for testers though, and they probably were working with a shop in that area, as they are located in Utah near very few customers. What happened that would make there be an issue with them testing on your car who knows. But sometimes a wrench gets thrown into the works and things get held up. I'd contact Cobb and let them know what you've gone through.

UpRev, remember, I'm a few hours north of you and would be more than happy to make the drive to your shop for some tuning. Hell, I'll even pay!!
Old 09-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Buddy Revell

Smile

There might be hope. Response from Joe at Cobb:

Yes when we do our initial release there will be a lot of you who will not see the power gains that you could with a custom tune.

Our tuner work very hard to keep our customers happy. If you are not satisfied with the tune on the AccessPORT all you need to do is get a hold of a DashHawk or some other sort of data logger and data log your car. Then working with one of our tuners they will be able to modify the map on your car to make a custom tune. It's the best way we can custom tune with out having to bring your vehicle to your shop.

Our tuners are more then happy to custom tune a map for you, all you need to do is provide them with data logs.

Joe
For those interested in datalogging and sending that data to Cobb, here's some info. Unfortunately, I called MSD's tech line, and the Dashhawk is definitely not compatible with our cars. Earlier, I found out the OT-1 is a good PC-based alternative to this (Props to chamelieon for testing this out, by the way). I also found another datalogger that is PC compatible, but can also be displayed on handheld PDAs. In case someone wants to test this out like chamelieon did with the OT-1, here's a link to some info: http://www.auterraweb.com/scantools.html
Old 09-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Update: I emailed some datalogged files from 3 different g37 using the MAGDEN COMPUTER to joe at Cobb. He said the tuners are almost done with the stage 1 &2 maps. Hopefully I get the sample for beta testing by next week.

Quick Reply: Cobb access port