Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

GT Motorsports: G37S VHRTT, GTM HR Turbo Kit, FCon VPro, Stock Block Testing

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 07:51 PM
JanSolo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by George@GTM
Same thing with EVO's, also the STi ECU is far superior as well as the software.

The reason these 2 platforms do so well on a factory flash is because...

1) The car was FI from the factory.
2) The Re-Flashing software is very mature and developed.

On a G37 the reflashing software is still very primitive and not many people have access too, currently only TS, and seems like AAM aswell.
Well certainly ECUTek software is amazing for flashing the Evo, but the open source flash tools for the Evo really don't compare.

I've used Techtom's software for the Evo and even with a wideband and lots of time, altering hex to figure out what the ECU is actually doing is a time consuming process, but it works.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:57 PM
GTM
Former Sponsor

The ECUFlash for the EVO's is still much better than the software available for the G's.

I am not arguing that is doesn't work, and it is better than a piggyback. Just not going to work as well as a flash would work on an EVO.

On my previous EVO9 I used to tune it with ECUFlash, and I liked the software, can't beat it for the price (free)

-George
Old 05-15-2008, 08:32 PM
JanSolo

Do you guys offer even smaller turbos for those less interested in peak power vs quick spool? Also, any chance for IHI turbos instead of Garrett? :-)

Last edited by JanSolo; 05-15-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by George@GTM
If you want low boost, and want to save some money then a reflash should suffice if tuned properly.

400 the wheels is a piece of cake on this car, very reliable at that power level.

-George
That's great news. Are you guys eventually gonna offer a tuner kit for those who want to get a place such as Technosquare to handle the fuel/engine management or is it always going to be an in-house install item?
Old 05-16-2008, 02:02 AM
GSpot37

Twin Turbo KiT similar to APS

George,

Also, does GTM have any plans to offer a kit similar to the ORIGINAL APS TT with a custom mapped Plug-In engine management computer?? I know that the HKS pro is one of the best but, for people looking to stay on the 400-450 whp is over kill and pricy.

Thank you!

Last edited by GSpot37; 05-16-2008 at 02:06 AM.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:27 AM
GSpot37

Originally Posted by terrycs
Dude ... go for it!

Here are the complete details that were sent to me:

GTM-HRG35AT-TURBO KIT STAGE 1 w/Intercooler - $6254.00
F CON VPRO INSTALL WITH KNOCK AMP DUEL WIDE BAND SENSOR - $4175.00
TUNING - $600.00
FUEL SYSTEM - $1261.00
LABOR - $2700.00
TOTAL - $14,990.00

That F Con is supposed to be the best. Anyone have any experience with it?

Fair price!!!!! The kit has awesome quality and installed by the BEST, actually it is a good price!!!!!

Gspot
Old 05-18-2008, 08:30 AM
GSpot37

Will the G

Question,

If I invest on this kit, will the G37 be faster than the new M3 and 2006 Z06??

Just wondering.
Gspot
Old 05-18-2008, 12:09 PM
JanSolo

Originally Posted by GSpot37
Question,

If I invest on this kit, will the G37 be faster than the new M3 and 2006 Z06??

Just wondering.
Gspot
You have three things potentially going against you in the G37 versus the z06 regardless of power via a turbo kit.

1. Weight.
2. Traction.
3. Coefficient of drag.

The M3 is about the same weight as the G37 - 3700 pounds (oink!). I think if you upgraded your tires to something wider that is just as grippy as the OEM tires if not more, you'd overcome some traction issues and be able to beat the M3 in a straight line, though in the turns, it's all about driver, so best of luck there.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:40 PM
GSpot37

Originally Posted by JanSolo
You have three things potentially going against you in the G37 versus the z06 regardless of power via a turbo kit.

1. Weight.
2. Traction.
3. Coefficient of drag.

The M3 is about the same weight as the G37 - 3700 pounds (oink!). I think if you upgraded your tires to something wider that is just as grippy as the OEM tires if not more, you'd overcome some traction issues and be able to beat the M3 in a straight line, though in the turns, it's all about driver, so best of luck there.
Thank you!!!!

Gspot
Old 05-18-2008, 12:46 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i went ghost on this thread i need a little recap.. so the price with everything included is 15k..

now how much power are we pushing to the wheel.. last i read it was at like 6xxhp with high torque as well. how can you comapre 6xxhp to an m3 lol.. or is it that we arent capable of pushing out 6xx???

im new to all FI.. but if i buy my lease im almost sure im going to invest in nice tt.

and wouldent you need all new downpiping and exhaust etc etc?
Old 05-18-2008, 01:01 PM
JanSolo

Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
now how much power are we pushing to the wheel.. last i read it was at like 6xxhp with high torque as well. how can you comapre 6xxhp to an m3 lol.. or is it that we arent capable of pushing out 6xx???

im new to all FI.. but if i buy my lease im almost sure im going to invest in nice tt.

and wouldent you need all new downpiping and exhaust etc etc?
Yes, you would need an entire set of new plumbing for various reasons.

Even with lots of power, there is always the potential to just sit there and spin your tires. The biggest issue with lots of instant power is getting it to the ground effectively, which is one reason why AWD cars do so well from a dig - a skilled driver could just do a high rpm clutch drop and all 4 tires have traction catapulting the car forward, where as in a fwd or rwd car, if you attempted the same thing, you'd have lots of smoke and a potential spin out. From a roll, it's obviously going to be a different story as traction issues don't necessarily play out there.

Anyhow, I'd wait to jump to conclusions until trap speeds are posted.

Last edited by JanSolo; 05-18-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:28 PM
GSpot37

Originally Posted by JanSolo
Yes, you would need an entire set of new plumbing for various reasons.

Even with lots of power, there is always the potential to just sit there and spin your tires. The biggest issue with lots of instant power is getting it to the tires effectively, which is one reason why AWD cars do so well from a dig - a skilled driver could just do a high rpm clutch drop and all 4 tires have traction catapulting the car forward, where as in a fwd or rwd car, if you attempted the same thing, you'd have lots of smoke and a potential spin out. From a roll, it's obviously going to be a different story as traction issues don't necessarily play out there.

Anyhow, I'd wait to jump to conclusions until trap speeds are posted.
Very well put JanSolo!!!

GSPOT
Old 05-19-2008, 04:11 AM
Emon Crew

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
agreed, and the in house install is kinda goofy
Not Goofy...more like a smart business move on their part. While I don't like their idea of doing in-house installs only, I dont blame them at all. If I was one of the first well-known tuners out there that developed a new TT kit for a car that didn't have a significantly large list of hp upgrading mods or even other tt kits for that matter, I'd make sure my kit stayed where it was and that I could charge people what I felt like, since I developed the kit...that way I can make the largest amount of profit during this period.

Reasonable prediction: as soon as a few other companies drop TT kits for our cars, not only does

1) the in-house install go out the window (most likely explained by saying we have too many cars to handle, or we're working on developing a new kit for a diff car, i.e. new M3, IS-F, GTR, etc... which they probably will/should be)

but...

2) The kit is now being offered as a group buy, or at a limited time discount price of $X,XXX

Now I could be COMPLETELY WRONG...but if I was in the business....that's what i'd be doing
Old 05-19-2008, 04:39 AM
fireboy

well you are kindof right and kindof wrong,
GTM motor sports is not the only shop out there with a TT kit for this car. they do have the only one with a full con system, and i have the other one that is tuned without a fullcon system... there are pro and cons for both. not getting into it.. this kit is so new that of course the shops dont want to just send their stuff out, that would be dumb, but also because this is a totally different animal, totally different than any other TT kit. and i am sure evertime they put one in they will find a new trick, or design a new piece to make it more efficient, and also tunning this car is no cake walk... that is probably why they say only in house install.... and the price they gave is a great price, awesome
Old 05-19-2008, 05:32 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
the price is so awesome, that in over two months not one single person has bought their kit, probably when the in house install is over people will jump on this.

Last edited by RYs06MT; 05-19-2008 at 05:34 AM.

Quick Reply: GT Motorsports: G37S VHRTT, GTM HR Turbo Kit, FCon VPro, Stock Block Testing