Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

GT Motorsports: G37S VHRTT, GTM HR Turbo Kit, FCon VPro, Stock Block Testing

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 05:51 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TerribleONE453
well they arent to far away from me... but who knows what there labor charge is and stuff...
well i have my own shop so my install and dyno time charge is $0
Old 05-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Greggski

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am ready too but am waiting for other engine managment systems to come out. No one up in my area is experienced with F-Con to my knowledge.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:52 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
yea well you have every right to not want to install there... lol
Old 05-13-2008, 06:45 PM
GTM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Greggski
I am ready too but am waiting for other engine managment systems to come out. No one up in my area is experienced with F-Con to my knowledge.
How far are you from GA? Forged Performance is a VPro Dealer
Old 05-13-2008, 06:54 PM
GTM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TerribleONE453
well they arent to far away from me... but who knows what there labor charge is and stuff...
We charge $109/hr for labor.

$600 for a tuning session.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:55 PM
Greggski

Originally Posted by George@GTM
How far are you from GA? Forged Performance is a VPro Dealer
Im in Washington State so I am actually closer to you. I am a work aquintence of Alex up at Carburetor Connection in Kirkland, WA and he mentioned that he knew you and met you at SEMA maybe? He had good things to say about you and your shop but also told me he couldn't work with HKS as he was not trained and approved by them.

Anyways, I would like to use a managment system that I can have tuned and re-tuned up here without having to ship or drive my car down to cali everytime I make a change or something breaks and is upgraded.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:55 PM
GTM
Former Sponsor

I believe Haltech is working on a PnP EMS for the G37.

Only other option would be a Technosquare flash, but they would need your car.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:56 PM
GTM
Former Sponsor

Im in Washington State so I am actually closer to you. I am a work aquintence of Alex up at Carburetor Connection in Kirkland, WA and he mentioned that he knew you and met you at SEMA maybe? He had good things to say about you and your shop but also told me he couldn't work with HKS as he was not trained and approved by them.

Anyways, I would like to use a managment system that I can have tuned and re-tuned up here without having to ship or drive my car down to cali everytime I make a change or something breaks and is upgraded.
I understand completely, and you have a very valid point. If the Haltech comes out soon, you will be ready to go!

-George
Old 05-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Greggski

I understand completely, and you have a very valid point. If the Haltech comes out soon, you will be ready to go!

-George

Great! I hope they develop something that works well and lets me keep all the bells and whistles this car has....
Old 05-13-2008, 07:04 PM
GTM
Former Sponsor

You know, You could always run a MoTeC, we have a M600 and M800 in stock, we could also make a PnP Harness for you.

You would just have to find a MoTeC tuner in your area....
Old 05-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Greggski

You know, You could always run a MoTeC, we have a M600 and M800 in stock, we could also make a PnP Harness for you.

You would just have to find a MoTeC tuner in your area....
The Carb Conn is right next door to my business and they are a motec tuner. However, I sent an inquiry to Motec directly and they said they currently don't have a system that will work on our ECU. They said I will lose traction control, cruise control, have CEL's and will take alot of trial-and-error to get it running. They also mentioned they are working on a new box that should be coming out in a year that will solve alot if not all of these issues.

My current turbo project (Toyota 5vz) is kind of a "guinea pig" situation and although it has been fun, I would like to let someone else figure out the bugs on this one..
Old 05-13-2008, 07:42 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
noooo 109/hr... how bout a partial...? i have some other big things going on
Old 05-13-2008, 08:07 PM
GTM
Former Sponsor

Unfortunately we do not offer sponsorships, sorry
Old 05-14-2008, 12:57 AM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm still on the wall for the upgrade on my sedan. I've talked to several turbo owners who say reliability of my daily driver should be my biggest concern. A couple of questions:

Is the FCon the only solution you have right now even if I don't plan on putting down any more than 400 WHp for daily driver reliability?

Are you using stock HKS components (turbo / turbo manifold) or did you have to do some mods to get things to fit?

Who's ready to GTM Twin Turbo their G37???
Old 05-14-2008, 02:56 PM
JanSolo

Is the standalone the only option for tuning? I wish I knew the limits of fuel management on the stock ECU, but only folks at Infiniti/Nissan, the ecu manufacturer and Tadashi@Technosquare probably know this.

I think the real question should be: If a customer chose to go with the FCon, what features would they lose versus the stock ecu?

This 600+ bhp is a lot of power and I would highly recommend that anyone who actually goes through with it to take the time to go to a high performance driving event at your local track and learn how to drive the car first.

Quick Reply: GT Motorsports: G37S VHRTT, GTM HR Turbo Kit, FCon VPro, Stock Block Testing