Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

GT Motorsports: G37S VHRTT, GTM HR Turbo Kit, FCon VPro, Stock Block Testing

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 04:07 PM
override00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by delusionalv
Wait , you have heard of the GTR engine being swappable ? I am lost... lol
from what I've read it should be. In fact it seems there are a lot more similarities between the 2 cars than most people know about. Probably the reason they've been able to keep production cost so low.

From what i've heard.

Both share very similar platforms, in fact, check out pictures of the GTR engine bay and ours... the only difference one can spot is the dual intakes being for turbo app of course and the engine cover being different, other than that everything looks exactly the same... and every other part is in the same place.

Check out the pictures of the engine by itself on the GTR and it will actually look very similar to what GTM is doing.

g37 seems to have been molded to use the GTR AWD Tranny as well.

Anyway, all this is info i've gathered from a few other forums and info shared in other places. I haven't and i don't believe anyone else has actually had the opportunity to check if it bolts on to our tranny or if the engine mount are placed the same way.

Basically if the tranny bolts on, its done deal. Getting the 2 ecu to work together should not be too difficult, i've done it a couple time with the 2jzgte.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:47 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by terrycs
I'll just take another corner then
i want the 3rd corner. i heard that someone else is making a kit and should be on a car for hIN la?? wtf
Old 03-15-2008, 06:47 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
i think im gonna have to switch... im almost drowning in my tears by now
Old 03-16-2008, 02:10 PM
delusionalv

switch to what ?
Old 03-16-2008, 02:51 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

yea lost switch to what?
Old 03-16-2008, 04:24 PM
GSpot37

Gtm Tt

Finally it is out!

If we take on consideration what we are getting for $15,000, installation by one of the best installer/tuners (GTM), plus a kit using QUALITY PARTS!!!! this is a GOOD DEAL!!!!.

My problem is that I am in Florida, does anyone know how much is to send the a G37 from Orlando/Florida and back??

Gspot
Old 03-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Greggski

Originally Posted by GSpot37
Finally it is out!

If we take on consideration what we are getting for $15,000, installation by one of the best installer/tuners (GTM), plus a kit using QUALITY PARTS!!!! this is a GOOD DEAL!!!!.

My problem is that I am in Florida, does anyone know how much is to send the a G37 from Orlando/Florida and back??

Gspot
I just paid $700 to ship a car from LA to Seattle. Maybe 2wice as much?

Yeah, for the amount of fab work that goes into the Two manis and charge piping etc.. Sounds about right..
Old 03-16-2008, 04:56 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

looking at about 2500 roundtrip. priced it last year for a friend. its not cheap
Old 03-16-2008, 04:57 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
gotta switch corners. Rooms for that matter. Flooded. hahah
Old 03-16-2008, 05:34 PM
SPOHN
From Z to G

Originally Posted by GSpot37
Finally it is out!

Gspot
GTM along with the other major shops usually will ship your car for you on a build. Not sure how extensive the build must be. Might need to call on that. Not sure if they still offer it, but they did at one time. But you could always just order the parts and have someone here on the east coast install it. You have Forged Performance, which I know Sharif has had a long running with GTM. Shouldn't see why the labor would be any more here.

Last edited by SPOHN; 03-16-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:17 PM
GSpot37

Originally Posted by SPOHN
GTM along with the other major shops usally will ship your car for you on a build. Not sure how extensy the build must be. Might need to call on that. Not sure if they still offer it, but they did at one time. But you could always just order the parts and have someone here on the east coast install it. You have Forged Performance, which I know Sharif has had a long running with GTM. Shouldn't see why the labor would be any more here.
Thank you!
Gspot
Old 03-17-2008, 12:12 AM
Carlitos_SS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone have experience with SGP Racing here in Houston? They seem to do quality work, but I've never heard anyone mention first hand experience.

'Los
Old 03-17-2008, 12:19 AM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by SPOHN
Not sure how extensive the build must be. Might need to call on that.
GTM told me they'd need my car for 2-3 weeks.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:19 AM
threepointo

Originally Posted by override00
from what I've read it should be. In fact it seems there are a lot more similarities between the 2 cars than most people know about. Probably the reason they've been able to keep production cost so low.

From what i've heard.

Both share very similar platforms, in fact, check out pictures of the GTR engine bay and ours... the only difference one can spot is the dual intakes being for turbo app of course and the engine cover being different, other than that everything looks exactly the same... and every other part is in the same place.

Check out the pictures of the engine by itself on the GTR and it will actually look very similar to what GTM is doing.

g37 seems to have been molded to use the GTR AWD Tranny as well.

Anyway, all this is info i've gathered from a few other forums and info shared in other places. I haven't and i don't believe anyone else has actually had the opportunity to check if it bolts on to our tranny or if the engine mount are placed the same way.

Basically if the tranny bolts on, its done deal. Getting the 2 ecu to work together should not be too difficult, i've done it a couple time with the 2jzgte.
Ughhh I would have to disagree...I have been a heavy follower of the gtr and I was going to get a G37 until I got a ride in a white jdm gtr and that quickly put me back on the gtr path. I have pics of the gtr in pieces at my buddies shop who put the car together when it got here. If someone can host the pics for me you will see why this swap will not be as simple as an RB in a 240 or a 2jz or sr20. There is wayyyyyyyy more to see underneath those belly pans than meets the eye. Oh and BTW the engine is $35,000 and the transaxle is $15,000 from Nissan. The GTR motors are built by hand by a small team of techs who also over see the building of the transaxles. The bell housing that is bolted to the back of engnine that runs the drive shaft to the trans axles is really small. The VR38DETT is completely different than the VQ37HR. Though they may look the same on the outside looks can be deceiving. You are better off spending your money with GTM and calling it a day.
Attached Thumbnails GT Motorsports: G37S VHRTT, GTM HR Turbo Kit, FCon VPro, Stock Block Testing-img_0077.jpg   GT Motorsports: G37S VHRTT, GTM HR Turbo Kit, FCon VPro, Stock Block Testing-img_0082.jpg  
Old 03-17-2008, 06:23 AM
threepointo

Originally Posted by Carlitos_SS
Anyone have experience with SGP Racing here in Houston? They seem to do quality work, but I've never heard anyone mention first hand experience.

'Los
I am also a z32 guy! SGP used to be really good back in the day. Until the owner got into it with one of his best people and he left the company. Since then SGP has put out crap product. They have had a lot of complaints! Just go to www.twinturbo.net and do a search for problems with sgp racing and a ton of stuff will come up!

Quick Reply: GT Motorsports: G37S VHRTT, GTM HR Turbo Kit, FCon VPro, Stock Block Testing