Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

G37S VVEL Twin Turbo, 4.5L Stroker... DYNO INSIDE AS WELL

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 01:18 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KRAZY J
wtf do u mean nope? what kinda 0-60 times are we talkin with 600-1000hp?... r u serious? a G37 with 1000hp as got to do 0-60 in 3.0-3.9 sec easy....
Old 02-18-2008, 01:23 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
for hp doesn't always mean good times...you need traction. go on a supra forum and see how many people pushing 700whp are getting down below 10s...hp is only a part of the story, you need a good set up to get all that power to the ground without spinning your tires for 5 seconds...lol
Old 02-18-2008, 01:25 PM
KRAZY J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
dude a G37 does 0-60 in 5.1 sec stock.... nice try pal!
Old 02-18-2008, 01:29 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
im just trying to get you riled up...haha needed a good laugh for today...
Old 02-18-2008, 02:14 PM
wheelsun

loool...good stuff
Old 02-18-2008, 02:30 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
dude a G37 does 0-60 in 5.1 sec stock.... nice try pal!
5.1? where did you get that....maybe 5.1 (est) but verified they have been no faster than 5.3
Old 02-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
does 600-1000 hp mean 335, M3 killa?!

And yall wanted me to sell my G lol. Solo also was one that told me that! I'm surprised solo didn't even know the G could do all of this...

I'm also surprised that a lot of u don't feel a G37 TT will come into development giving the fact a after market TT can give those results. The G37 sounds like a Freak to me

I dont think anyone is arguing it CAN be done. You can make just about anything like that work IF you have the money and time to invest. There has been a G35 on Driver for about 2 years now that they have been trying to make a Q45 engine fit in but STILL no track tests or numbers.

So yes Krazy J, you should keep your G37 and spend another $30K to make it 1000HP. So less "Ima do this" and "what do you think about this" ridiculous talk and more action. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! DO IT! DO IT!!
Old 02-18-2008, 05:23 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
+1!
Old 02-27-2008, 05:01 PM
shabbo
Registered Member

...Also not to forget the dual side air-dams that line up exactly as if this car is going to have an intercooler and twin-turbos someday.

It's got a nice strong transmission, you can tell from the drive-shaft.

The HR engine revs higher so it's got fewer moving parts and is already inherently strengthened to do so.

The compression ratio is relatively high already. For an NA engine this true compression is achieved only at higher rpms. However this can be used to an advantage if turbos are tuned to provide strong induction at lower revs, and taper off more gracefully towards high rpms.

There's lots of room to play with!
Old 02-27-2008, 05:08 PM
TerribleONE453

nicely said... ^ WO HOOO 700TH post!
Old 02-27-2008, 11:56 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by shabbo
...Also not to forget the dual side air-dams that line up exactly as if this car is going to have an intercooler and twin-turbos someday.

It's got a nice strong transmission, you can tell from the drive-shaft.

The HR engine revs higher so it's got fewer moving parts and is already inherently strengthened to do so.

The compression ratio is relatively high already. For an NA engine this true compression is achieved only at higher rpms. However this can be used to an advantage if turbos are tuned to provide strong induction at lower revs, and taper off more gracefully towards high rpms.

There's lots of room to play with!
dude the front bumper and faux air vents meaning nothing for an intercooler or piping. nissan didnt design the bumper with an intercooler in mind. if that was the case the non sport bumper wouldnt be around because its horrible for intercoolers just like the old G35 bumper sucked. you had to drill holes into it for maximum airflo.

Transmission strong because of the driveshaft? are you serious. The way the DS looks has nothing to do with the internals of the gearbox. I have not heard of any major issues yet with the box.

high compression is never good for a high boosted car. And the numbers people are talking about would not be possible on the stock motor with stock comp...
Old 02-28-2008, 02:24 AM
shabbo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
dude the front bumper and faux air vents meaning nothing for an intercooler or piping. nissan didnt design the bumper with an intercooler in mind. if that was the case the non sport bumper wouldnt be around because its horrible for intercoolers just like the old G35 bumper sucked. you had to drill holes into it for maximum airflo.

Transmission strong because of the driveshaft? are you serious. The way the DS looks has nothing to do with the internals of the gearbox. I have not heard of any major issues yet with the box.

high compression is never good for a high boosted car. And the numbers people are talking about would not be possible on the stock motor with stock comp...
Who knows what Nissan was thinking about with whatever facia or location of fake air dams...but there is room for an intercooler without posing any obvious piping issues to the turbos!

And you can totally tell how much force can be transmitted through a system by looking at it's weakest link...It's a reasonable judgement.

Sure many like you prefer low compression-ratios to begin with because it's easier to boost a car with low compression. A boosted engine will still have a higher 'effective' compression ratio than NA because that's what it's all about!!

11:1 will not hurt especially when you have event lift to play with...you have more control over the mass of mixture entering the chambers...We cannot claim how much max HP this engine can get, but I feel that it can easily handle a more than stock power....after all it's a Nissan Skyline, come on!
Old 02-28-2008, 02:47 AM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by shabbo
Who knows what Nissan was thinking about with whatever facia or location of fake air dams...but there is room for an intercooler without posing any obvious piping issues to the turbos!

And you can totally tell how much force can be transmitted through a system by looking at it's weakest link...It's a reasonable judgement.

Sure many like you prefer low compression-ratios to begin with because it's easier to boost a car with low compression. A boosted engine will still have a higher 'effective' compression ratio than NA because that's what it's all about!!

11:1 will not hurt especially when you have event lift to play with...you have more control over the mass of mixture entering the chambers...We cannot claim how much max HP this engine can get, but I feel that it can easily handle a more than stock power....after all it's a Nissan Skyline, come on!
Dude just because you can fit an intercooler doesnt mean it was designed for turbo's. You can fit intercooler's in a honda S2000 bumper no problem yet the car was no designed in any sense for turbos.

so by looking at the DS you can tell the trans is bulletproof huh. Ok again back to the S2000 the DS is extremely strong on the car, yet the trans and diff were some of the weakest parts on the car. So your idea of looking at the ds failed there.

Again ya you can boost a car with a 11:1 comp but your not going to make the kind of power that has been talked about in this thread. And saying after all its a skyline is just kinda goofy. This is not the mighty gtr skyline...
Old 02-28-2008, 02:54 AM
TerribleONE453

UNV knows his ****! dont mess with him. lol
Old 02-28-2008, 03:08 AM
shabbo
Registered Member

Dude everyone understands that most ideas expressed here are speculations...so quit trying to prove that my 'opinions' are wrong...because I am not saying that I'm stating 'facts'...just valid 'opinions' worth thinking about. Unless the engineers at Nissan were bozos, I believe that they matched the MT with a DS that's within spec of whatever they were intending for this platform.

Secondly, we all know that the VQ37HR is not 'designed' for a turbos...that's why we're talking about possibilities of modding.

Thirdly, the Nissan GTR is not a Skyline anymore.

Quick Reply: G37S VVEL Twin Turbo, 4.5L Stroker... DYNO INSIDE AS WELL