Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

13-15 Mpg?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 01:13 AM
dillyyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, just for info, this is like the 4th time this has happened to me. I will be driving down the highway and my yellow light will come on with 30 miles till empty remaining. Once it gets down to like bewteen 23 and 20, I will get a flashing dashes and no mileage. I never see below 20 miles. It just jumps to nothing!! I don't care what anyone says, this thing is just not that accurate.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:29 AM
aznutx

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Well I'd love to put Nitro in my tires but until they come out with a cheap way <$200 I could have something in my garage to do this.. I'm going to pass. If I were you I'd stay away from IOCC, those guys will Nickel and Dime the heck out of you.
how much would a homekit cost? my dealer puts N for free everytime i visit.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:01 AM
spyderbret

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dillyyo
well, just for info, this is like the 4th time this has happened to me. I will be driving down the highway and my yellow light will come on with 30 miles till empty remaining. Once it gets down to like bewteen 23 and 20, I will get a flashing dashes and no mileage. I never see below 20 miles. It just jumps to nothing!! I don't care what anyone says, this thing is just not that accurate.

I think they have it set to do that on purpose. I have gone way past ---- and still only put 18.5 gallons in the tank. It holds 20. I think Infiniti dosen't want people who don't pay attention to run out of gas and blame it on the computer....
Still, you should calculate it yourself just to be sure. Maybe that would give you a little more faith in it....
Old 01-30-2008, 02:09 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by aznutx
how much would a homekit cost? my dealer puts N for free everytime i visit.
It's really hard to find any prices online. I've done a lot of seaching and could only come up with a few websites that actually posted prices for the Nitro compressors. They were in the thousands just for a small tank. I'm hoping in the next year or two once it becomes more popular that a smaller, less expensive version would be available somewhere like D.A.Ps. or even the Wal.

Originally Posted by spyderbret
I think they have it set to do that on purpose. I have gone way past ---- and still only put 18.5 gallons in the tank. It holds 20. I think Infiniti dosen't want people who don't pay attention to run out of gas and blame it on the computer....
Still, you should calculate it yourself just to be sure. Maybe that would give you a little more faith in it....
It should go down into the teens and so on.. Unless your just driving like crazy once it hits 30.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:13 AM
spyderbret

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It should go down into the teens and so on.. Unless your just driving like crazy once it hits 30.
I think your right. I don't ever remember seeing it go below 10 though... I will have to pay more attention next time I am that low. I try to fill up around 1/4 tank left.....
Old 01-30-2008, 03:26 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Man there is a lot of complaining in this thread. The Miles until empty read out should be used as a guide. It is pretty accurate but if you are solely going on this and waiting to fill up then there is something wrong. There is this thing called a gas gauge which is great to use (the thing in the corner with a needle). When it gets close to E then that is when you fill up your car again. Enjoy the car people and stop all the complaining. Nothing will ever be perfect. There will always be something you won't like.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:19 AM
xdram

In otherwords you don't know...
Old 01-30-2008, 10:18 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by xdram
In otherwords you don't know...
In other words instead of me explaning it in a long unnecessary post, you do a SEARCH and then you ask questions or comment.

Most of the questions around here that aren't related specifically to the G can be answered with a SIMPLE search! Try it you'll like it.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:15 PM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by bboysteele
Man there is a lot of complaining in this thread. The Miles until empty read out should be used as a guide. It is pretty accurate but if you are solely going on this and waiting to fill up then there is something wrong. There is this thing called a gas gauge which is great to use (the thing in the corner with a needle). When it gets close to E then that is when you fill up your car again. Enjoy the car people and stop all the complaining. Nothing will ever be perfect. There will always be something you won't like.
My initial point a few posts ago was that this system is erratic. Unlike any other car I have ever had. Sure they are not perfect by far, but to only register 5 miles used when I have driven 25 or to just show completely empty when 2 secs previous it showed 20+ miles till empty, is just screwy. I do use the gas gauge and unless you run out of gas, one will not know where it is in relation to being actually empty (below the E, even with the E etc).
Old 01-30-2008, 07:39 PM
xdram

In other words instead of me explaning it in a long unnecessary post, you do a SEARCH and then you ask questions or comment.

Most of the questions around here that aren't related specifically to the G can be answered with a SIMPLE search! Try it you'll like it.
Wasn't this thread related to mpg, and wasn't the nitro topic related to mpg claimed by someone? Therefore aren’t the two related? I didn't ask for a long unnecessary post, I’m sure you could have summarized it in a sentence or two. If you don’t feel like posting the answers, don’t post anything at all. If I REALLY cared I would looked it up. But thanks anyways.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:56 PM
ELP_JC

Originally Posted by roydiculous
Would you guys trade that 6th gear acceleration for 28mpg on the highway?
Yes. Or at least not 80 at 3K rpms; that's ridiculous for a powerful V6 hauling 3,700 or so pounds of car (unladen). My GTO goes 120 at 3K rpms, which is the other extreme. I'd be satisfied with 90 at 3K rpm; nice compromise. Later.
JC
Old 02-14-2008, 12:19 PM
roc

Just got a new 6MT G37...and my 05 GTO (6.0L V8) got better mileage (13-17 pure city, 23-25 pure highway) (approx. 21-22 MPG mixed city/highway for me most of the time).

Problem with the VQ is that Nissan doesn't believe in overdrive gears. I get about 16-18 mixed city/highway in this thing. Not expecting break-in to change it too much. Ah well, I love my new car regardless

Last edited by roc; 02-14-2008 at 12:21 PM.