Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

problem with the engine i think...

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 05:27 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
if it was water it would be steam not smoke. Its pretty easy to tell the difference. You would not have a burning smell if it was steam either. So i would rull out the water idea judging by saying your dad smelt something funny. Once you rull out the water you run into a large list of things it could be. If it happened only once and you have not had another episode then you probably ran over something that got on exhaust system and burned it causing the smoke.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:23 PM
dzine07

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I GET SMOKE ALL THE TIME when i come out of a car wash... dont know why.. water might be getting into the engine and....yeaaa... i dont.. know... might be the weather beiing so dry ouside when i come out of the wash and the car beiing so HOT... the car wash is heated and throws really hot water out.

what was the weather like? was it raining?
Old 01-11-2008, 09:07 PM
sharif@forged
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mostly likely just some left over cleaning products, assembly lubricants and adhesives, and things of that nature. I assume you were driving the car pretty hard??
Old 01-11-2008, 10:36 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dzine07
I GET SMOKE ALL THE TIME when i come out of a car wash... dont know why.. water might be getting into the engine and....yeaaa... i dont.. know... might be the weather beiing so dry ouside when i come out of the wash and the car beiing so HOT... the car wash is heated and throws really hot water out.

what was the weather like? was it raining?
yes, it was raining.

Originally Posted by sharif@forged
Mostly likely just some left over cleaning products, assembly lubricants and adhesives, and things of that nature. I assume you were driving the car pretty hard??
that was probably the problem that was causing the smoking. we were not driving it hard at all, only cruising at 80 for like 8 hours into the trip.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:19 AM
kiddmaff5646

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The1andOnly
I kinda had the same thing happen to me last week when the first hard rain came here in SoCal. I had some steam coming from the engine bay out of the front grille when I parked my car in the garage. I didn't even open the hood, I just took a quick smell and it didn't smell like anything at all so I just waited untill it stoped, which it did just after a few minutes. The car runs great so far, I've ony had it for 2 1/2 weeks, with that steam happening within the first week I had it.
Same thing here.. Its happened to me like 3 times already and once at the car wash.. but really only when it rains hard. It doesn't seem to be anything serious.